THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, pico said:

You actually have a lot of the prerequisites with your quick footwork. Jumping on the wheel from a standing position and you are there.

I was really never that much interested in this figure. 

I am more impressed by @trya rearward Thompson switch!

BTY, The V5F is not the best platform to practice the "shove it" Monsieur flex has been practicing for years with the Ninebot One. In my opinion the best platform for that style of maneuver.

The V5F has neutral stabilty while the Ninebot has a slight positive stability. If you are interested, study the videos of @Jonathan Tolhurst who is also a "shove it" master.

For the few interested this is why I "downgraded" myself to a Ninebot One E...

I liked the video of the guy doing it on the 18L. That move looks way easier when not doing the whole 180. Maybe I can nail it doing it like that...Thanks for posting that one, @pico!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trya said:

This is good news, and this is actually the preferred outcome. I had a very similar experience about a year ago - hit my right hand middle finger while preparing equipment for a windsurfing session. The finger hurt a lot - but I went windsurfing anyway. I thought that it was a bad sprain and waited for it to heal. About 5 weeks later I decided to go to a doctor, because the healing process went too slow, and of course the X-ray showed that I had a fracture. It was too late for the surgery, so I just had the finger immobilized for a month or so (and my doctor even permitted me to windsurf during that time!). The pain eventually went away, but my finger stayed crooked, and my wife is not happy about it - Olga says  "you were perfect before, and now you are not!" :) oh, well, other people actually find it amusing, when I show my middle finger to them - they laugh... :) 

You crack me up :laughbounce2:

I'm tempted to ask for a picture of you giving us the finger. Of course only for medical education. But some people might not like you giving us all the finger :rolleyes: Plus you never know (or maybe you do) what @Rehab1 would do with said picture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trya said:

Oh, well, OK, here you go, but strictly for medical purposes of course :)

mcag38i.jpg

:D  For some reason I assumed it was bent to the side. That looks potentially very inconvenient.

Fortunately you used a picture that @Rehab1 can't possible do anything with :efefc8626c:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I've also ordered a selfie stick so that you don't have to stare at my crotch in the future.

Good thing as I was about to photoshop that image. ;)

7 hours ago, trya said:

Here is what happened

afp20120415p805-f4.jpg

Yes, it was more convenient, when the finger was intact :) not too bad though, windsurfing and wheeling are not affected at all, and although I used this finger a lot while typing - I now learned to use some other fingers too :) 

Overuse of the middle finger can eventually affect the contraction of the tendon. I won’t ask.;)

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Fortunately you used a picture that @Rehab1 can't possible do anything with :efefc8626c:

You might be right but I accept the dare.Give me sometime. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

On a lighter note. Just went for a ride on my Ninebot One E+. Damn that thing is fun to ride.
After that I went for a ride on my MSX and tried working on moving it around some more. Carving and such.
2 very different rides and I have to say I really love the feel of the Ninebot!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I broke my middle finger 10 years ago. The doctor set the bone and placed it in a splint. I swear it looked like trya’s finger so I reset the splint. Six weeks later I went back for the follow up visit. The doctor said NO! NO! It healed wrong. He broke the finger and reset it. As soon as I left the office I reset it again. Two years later after another brake on my ring finger the doctor noticed my middle finger. He said that the bone had heeled in a splice ( one bone on top of the other rather than butted end to end.)

I said, It looks and works just fine! Leave it alone! He said it was likely stronger than original and he would not touch it. 

How do I break so many fingers? - Dirt bikes and machine shops. My hands look like I used them as baby shark fishing lures. 

Ah. Farm life. It's a bitch :D

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Ah. Farm life. It's a bitch :D

I have worked with farmers quite a bit. ( welding equipment back together and such) 20 years ago I lived between several large family farms in a sea of farms.  I believe every piece of equipment is out to kill you and will do so if given half a chance. I learned to respect farmers in many ways. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Playing around with the Ninebot One E+.

Great stuff! I love it that you are enjoying the NB1 ! Just keep the batteries warm. Never practice under cold weather at 50% battery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pico said:

Great stuff! I love it that you are enjoying the NB1 ! Just keep the batteries warm. Never practice under cold weather at 50% battery. 

Thanks! The NB1 feels so floaty. It feels like floating on a cloud. You can't feel the motor and it's so quiet.
I also like that I can tilt it quite low so eventually I am going to see how high I can ride up that bowl sideways. :clap3:

20 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My riding days are not looking favorable these days. I have never ridden my wheels so cautiously. I can't risk it anymore. Oh well. I was able to get some footage with no crashes.

Very nicely done.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1