Jump to content
dpong

THE VIDEO THREAD!

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Side note: I know you Penguins would be out having fun in this stuff, but I am hiding from it. No EUC riding for me today :D:D:D

Not me, looks like minus 50 where you are. When it's like that, it becomes alittle too challenging in terms of what to wear and the tricky riding conditions etc. These conditions would not stop @winterwheel though 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ED209 said:

NonStopNeal 

1st impressions on the MSX

This poor guy. Travelling through Europe, EUCing around in all the interesting cities, and now trying all the nice and shiny wheels (MSX, V10). What an ordeal!

Me: :cry2::pooping:

Him: :D:cheers::whistling:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Demargon said:

there were two bottlenecks on that part of the road, a small passage through a chained door and the creek. To save time, some of us decided to go through the creek

Ah! I see. Thanks for the clarification.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

This sounds a little morbid. :)

Yes your right. Honestly if I happen to perish on my EUC guests would probably just whisper  “what an idiot”. :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Use of action cams does add a different perspective to a video. Unfortunately I have already taken too much camera gear on a ride to obtain different camera angles that ended up not enjoying the actual riding experience.

Then you have to edit all of the clips together from each camera. It is sooo time consuming. I’ve already spent 20 hours creating such a video and it’s no fun.....although if I ever have a funeral service my family and guests will be amused. ;)

I remember one previous video I made where I combined my footage with video given to me by another rider. Editing the two videos together took forever. Thanks for reminding me of that painful episode. I think maybe I'll stick with the one camera :thumbup:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I remember one previous video I made where I combined my footage with video given to me by another rider. Editing the two videos together took forever. Thanks for reminding me of that painful episode. I think maybe I'll stick with the one camera :thumbup:

I seem to remember that video. I loved it (not just because I was in it), but because it was well put together and there were a bunch of us there, and you chose cool music! But then YouTube banned it because of a copywriting issue with one of the songs...😒

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

I seem to remember that video. I loved it (not just because I was in it), but because it was well put together and there were a bunch of us there, and you chose cool music! But then YouTube banned it because of a copywriting issue with one of the songs...😒

Now that you mention it, that is the video. There may be one or two others.

I do need to get around to adding another soundtrack to that footage and re-upload it. That was a great riding day and I liked how the video came out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 2:18 AM, Marty Backe said:

The ability of the Insta360 One X to take HDR video really impresses me. Love this camera.

 

Video looks good, @Marty Backe!  What are you using to edit your footage?  The Insta360 One X iOS app actually does a pretty nice job with changes in camera point of view.  The Pivot Point, SmartTrack, and ViewFinder features are pretty cool.  But the iPhone seems like such a pretty puny platform for video editing.  Is there an editing package with comparable functionality that runs on a laptop/desktop?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winter ride to Boston on the refurbished Gotway Monster.

 

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Unventor said:

Have you tested Blackmagics da Vinci Resole editing software? It is free to download and use. I have not 360 cam so I don't recall how this works with resolve. 

Just picked up a iPad from a guy in Baltimore. Drove from DC through the snow to get it. Works great for editing. So much easier:thumbup:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ED209 said:

Not me, looks like minus 50 where you are. When it's like that, it becomes alittle too challenging in terms of what to wear and the tricky riding conditions etc. These conditions would not stop @winterwheel though 😉

Don't know what happened there dude. I was supposed to be responding g to @Unventor:D pretty rough today in Washington. Looking like we will end up with about 18" of snow ❄. 

Edited by Lutalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, radial said:

Video looks good, @Marty Backe!  What are you using to edit your footage?  The Insta360 One X iOS app actually does a pretty nice job with changes in camera point of view.  The Pivot Point, SmartTrack, and ViewFinder features are pretty cool.  But the iPhone seems like such a pretty puny platform for video editing.  Is there an editing package with comparable functionality that runs on a laptop/desktop?  

I do all the Insta video editing on an 12-inch iPad Pro. Then I export that to a desktop video editor for color correction, time-slice editing, music, etc.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I do all the Insta video editing on an 12-inch iPad Pro. Then I export that to a desktop video editor for color correction, time-slice editing, music, etc.

Ah thanks, that sounds feasible.  I was pretty sure you weren't doing this on a phone :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes your right. Honestly if I happen to perish on my EUC guests would probably just whisper  “what an idiot”. :lol:

And I would defend you such: "to you an idiot. To me a guy who grabbed life by the balls and pulled real hard. Of course this pissed off life, and, well, you guys know the rest. And if you couch floppers could ask him,  I am sure he would say that it was well worth it. Now. You couch floppers shut da f%$@ up and raise your glass to a life well lived" :D👍 

Been saving that speech up for myself, but if you go first you can use it. :thumbup:

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't recommend using the Insta desktop software. I don't think other people do too. This product was clearly designed around Apple products and everything else is an afterthought.

I have a high-end PC and the Desktop software for editing is awful.

The most seamless way of processing videos from the InstaOne family of cameras is the iPad Pro. Processing the videos is near real-time with superb results. Of course the problem is, if you don't have an iPad Pro that'll add about a $1000 to the cost of the InstaOne X :(

Thanks Marty. Point taken. Problem solved. Put on my snow shoes and Picked up an iPad today. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lutalo said:

Thanks Marty. Point taken. Problem solved. Put on my snow shoes and Picked up an iPad today. 

Fantastic. Let me know if you agree that the workflow is much better with the iPad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic. Let me know if you agree that the workflow is much better with the iPad.

Oh, yeah. I really agree with that. No funny business. Just downloaded Insta app after setting up the device, and went to work. Smooth and pretty. 

Now I will explore the additional benefits of the Adobe editing software I bought; at a huge bargain using my wife's faculty discount I might add. 

Unfortunately, there won't be much content loaded by me until my son returns from abroad this Summer; The downside of my "one-360-per-household unless you buy it yourself" rule.

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rehab1, another Gigantic Blockbuster  upload! I'm just grabbing some popcorn now! 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I took the Z10 out for it's first snow run. It was slippery but what a blast falling onto a surface other than concrete. I felt like a kid again!

 

Epic! :D👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I took the Z10 out for it's first snow run. It was slippery but what a blast falling onto a surface other than concrete. I felt like a kid again!

 

Great stuff. The Z10 really does look perfect for those conditions. Epic wipe-outs in the snow. I assume you have shoulder pads on underneath the jacket, because even snow could hurt (that snow doesn't look very deep). You looked tired at the end, like a kid coming back from toboggan riding all day :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ED209 said:

@Rehab1, another Gigantic Blockbuster  upload! I'm just grabbing some popcorn now! 😀

 

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Epic! :D👍

Thankyou!

22 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Well, it's official: @Rehab1 is insane. :crying: And if you have no clue what I am talking about you weren't here a year ago.

Was your wife out?  You know, she can interpret trails in the snow as well as the next guy:facepalm:

My $70k shoulder performed flawlessly. :) Yes my wife saw the tracks and the video. There should not be any issues as long as I stay healthy. 

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great stuff. The Z10 really does look perfect for those conditions. Epic wipe-outs in the snow. I assume you have shoulder pads on underneath the jacket, because even snow could hurt (that snow doesn't look very deep). You looked tired at the end, like a kid coming back from toboggan riding all day :)

Thanks! My coat has built in shoulder and elbow pads. I did feel the impact so I’m adding a layer of sorbothane impact resistant foam to the molded shells tomorrow.

I was not really tired, just pondering how to improve my stance on the pedals once they are compacted with snow. Wonder if metal spikes would work? :wacko:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

 

Thankyou!

My $70k shoulder performed flawlessly. :) Yes my wife saw the tracks and the video. There should not be any issues as long as I stay healthy. 

Thanks! My coat has built in shoulder and elbow pads. I did feel the impact so I’m adding a layer of sorbothane impact resistant foam to the molded shells tomorrow.

I was not really tired, just pondering how to improve my stance on the pedals once they are compacted with snow. Wonder if metal spikes would work? :wacko:

The Z10 looks like a natural candidate for bestgrip studs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×