THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Thankyou!

My $70k shoulder performed flawlessly. :) Yes my wife saw the tracks and the video. There should not be any issues as long as I stay healthy. 

Thanks! My coat has built in shoulder and elbow pads. I did feel the impact so I’m adding a layer of sorbothane impact resistant foam to the molded shells tomorrow.

I was not really tired, just pondering how to improve my stance on the pedals once they are compacted with snow. Wonder if metal spikes would work? :wacko:

Be careful, or before you know it:

"Hmmm, can I fill out these divorce papers with my toes, maybe?"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I took the Z10 out for it's first snow run. It was slippery but what a blast falling onto a surface other than concrete. I felt like a kid again!

Well here is a guy that do test fate without any remorse. :o

My helmet off, I couldn't even dare to dream of being this brave considering you previous accidents and risk of upsetting the wife:ph34r:.

That said, it looks like you are having a blast of a time. I love those amazing drone footage shots.:popcorn:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scatcat said:

The Z10 looks like a natural candidate for bestgrip studs.

Would it not be easier to use shoes with studs instead?

That way you have not studs on the pedals when you don't need them.

Kinda like these (other options brans and models too of course):

786224d486be40af99ddc301bc99c91e?resize=

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I was not really tired, just pondering how to improve my stance on the pedals once they are compacted with snow. Wonder if metal spikes would work? :wacko:

Oh GOD! Here we go again.:facepalm:

@Unventor the spike comment was a joke.  He was using his spikes from hell when he tore his arm off his body.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Would it not be easier to use shoes with studs instead?

That way you have not studs on the pedals when you don't need them.

Kinda like these (other options brans and models too of course):

786224d486be40af99ddc301bc99c91e?resize=

Noooooooo!!!!

I was refering to spiking the tyre, not the shoes. No more @Rehab1 stuck on his pedals when wiping out, plz!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ED209 said:

KS18XL and Z10 in the SNOW!

Video Credit: CEO CEO

A very interesting comparison. The wide tire of the Z10 can ride comfortable on surfaces and in conditions where no other wheel stand a chance, but I'm sure the tire width and low pedal height will struggle in some conditions/surfaces where the thinner 18-inch wheels have no problems. Would be interesting to see an 18-inch off-road comparison on lots of different surfaces and in different conditions to see who is best overall. It might be a really close race. Anyone dare to guess?

Edited by Espen R
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@Scatcat @Unventor @Espen R   Thanks for the kind comments and suggestions. 

So glad you weren’t my surgeon. :P

:roflmao:Well, when you think about it, the only thing holding your arm on was the squidgy soft bits (medical terminology). To me that's pretty much "torn off":D

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Oh GOD! Here we go again.:facepalm:

@Unventor the spike comment was a joke.  He was using his spikes from hell when he tore his arm off his body.

Now it shows off I have a bad condition off forum forbia, hence I don't read all posted here. :P

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Espen R said:

A very interesting comparison. The wide tire of the Z10 can ride comfortable on surfaces and in conditions where no other wheel stand a chance, but I'm sure the tire width and low pedal height will struggle in some conditions/surfaces where the thinner 18-inch wheels have no problems. Would be interesting to see an 18-inch off-road comparison on lots of different surfaces and in different conditions to see who is best overall. It might be a really close race. Anyone dare to guess?

@Marty Backecurrently has the 18XL and owns the Z10. I reckon the 18XL is best overall in all conditions, @RoberAce usually comes off his Z10 quite often, but then again, he really rides the Z10 right at it's LIMITS!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

32863380398_30e1fe3a47_b.jpg

:roflmao:Almost perfect.  When are you going to put a wheel between his feet and a camera on the end of that extra long "selfie stick"?  That could almost be Marty, now minus an arm obvs.

When I think back to all the wonderful things we said about you when you said you were leaving for ever, it makes me wonder why we bothered. Still I guess its good practice for your eventual eulogy.:)

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Smoother said:

:roflmao:Almost perfect.  When are you going to put a wheel between his feet and a camera on the end of that extra long "selfie stick"?  That could almost be Marty, now minus an arm obvs.

When I think back to all the wonderful things we said about you when you said you were leaving for ever, it makes me wonder why we bothered. Still I guess its good practice for your eventual eulogy.:)

Update: The Knight’s feet are too planted on the ground to perform a decent photoshop of him standing on the Z so I just stuck the wheel behind him. No selfie stick. :)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Espen R said:

I have seen that a lot of Z10 riders often comes off their wheel in conditions that looks perfectly rideable, but then they can ride on surfaces that is impossible on other wheels. I do agree that the XL and MSX would be best overall, still wouldn't mind to add a Z10 to the collection if they increase the battery size. A Z25 with a 22 inch wheel in the same width would be great:)

power assisted steering :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Update: The Knight’s feet are too planted on the ground to perform a decent photoshop of him standing on the Z so I just stuck the wheel behind him. No selfie stick. :)

No need for him to stand on it.  You've never rested in the middle of a ride with the wheel leaning against your calf?  As for the selfie stick.  it's right there; the sword.  just shorten it a bit and put an old fashioned bellows camera on it, to keep it period (sort of).

JBL Flip 4 Review (Best Bluetooth speaker) Great for EUC's! 

Video Credit: Chooch Tech

• Like 1

@Alien Rides, incredible modification, do you feel that you can shift more of your weight towards the edges? Has torque improved alot? It looks like you can now handle the MSX as though it were a 16 inch wheel.

Edited by ED209