THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 minutes ago, ED209 said:

, incredible modification, do you feel that you can shift more of your weight towards the edges? Has torque improved alot? It looks like you can now handle the MSX as though if it were a 16 inch wheel.

For me they really help. I noticed more forward and backward, but they really lock your feet in so control is improved. I know what it feels like to be a tiny person riding a EUC, it's great! 😅

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Alien Rides

Fun video! Fantastic pedals:w00t2:How much?

Hoping the new pedals coming with the Nikola end up being big like that. Awesome!

I've heard rumors of larger pedals, is it true? We should wait to find out if so, these pedals were not cheap at around $300 😭

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, between the Z10 and the XL I would prefer the XL if it were my only wheel. The Z10 in my opinion is a bit more of a specialized wheel versus the general purpose nature of the XL.

The XL's range is hard to beat. Z10 is a fun wheel and is very manoeuvreable especially at low speed. It is a unique specialized wheel indeed! Having recently ridden the Mten3, I now find myself understanding and wanting a Z10 more now as they have similar tyres 😣

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ED209 said:

The XL's range is hard to beat. Z10 is a fun wheel and is very manoeuvreable especially at low speed. It is a unique specialized wheel indeed! Having recently ridden the Mten3, I now find myself understanding and wanting a Z10 more now as they have similar tyres 😣

Yes, @Hsiang and @Marty Backe have opened my eyes to the Z10. I loved the look when I first saw it, but then I watched a few meh reviews and thought it wasn't for me, but now, as I grow deeper and deeper in love with my XL, I start to understand Marty's EUC hoarder disease. A Mten3 would be great for that, a Z10 for this and a Monster for that.... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alien Rides said:

Dragon pedals - massive pedals for Gotway electric unicycles. They're super comfortable and enhance performance of the EUC for those with big feet.

Fantastic :cheers: It sure would have been nice to know how much they cost and if there is any mechanism for the wider community to upgrade. @Jason McNeil did a huge service to the KingSong community with his mass purchase of the large pedals and getting KingSong to make them. Maybe something similar could be done for Gotway???

Regarding the pedal scraping, I think a page should be take from the @Jason McNeil book, and change Version Two of these pedals by adding a radius to the two outside corners of the pedals. Oh, also do them in black (for production). FYI, I've painted the Gotway pedals which hold up really nice.

Certainly for the Monster and MSuper's I would get pedals like these, in Version 2.

7 minutes ago, Espen R said:

Yes, @Hsiang and @Marty Backe have opened my eyes to the Z10. I loved the look when I first saw it, but then I watched a few meh reviews and thought it wasn't for me, but now, as I grow deeper and deeper in love with my XL, I start to understand Marty's EUC hoarder disease. A Mten3 would be great for that, a Z10 for this and a Monster for that.... 

:thumbup:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It sure would have been nice to know how much they cost and if there is any mechanism for the wider community to upgrade.

Yeah, these are basically one-off custom made pedals, but we might be able to put in a group order if there was demand. I spent about $300 to get these shipped and delivered to me, expensive, but I believe these are custom CNC'd, and not created in bulk.

So far feedback seems great on the pedals, and with KS offering larger pedals, I'm sure Gotway will follow suit in the near future. Hopefully at a price point much less than $300.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Yeah, these are basically one-off custom made pedals, but we might be able to put in a group order if there was demand. I spent about $300 to get these shipped and delivered to me, expensive, but I believe these are custom CNC'd, and not created in bulk.

So far feedback seems great on the pedals, and with KS offering larger pedals, I'm sure Gotway will follow suit in the near future. Hopefully at a price point much less than $300.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure Gotway will not do anything unless pushed by the likes of @Jason McNeil

Enjoy the cool pedals. I'm envious :)

Edited by Marty Backe

20 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

BTW, unless it's a secret that you're keeping close, how did you get these pedals designed and made? Specifically, all the geometries such that the new pedals would mount to the pedal hangers at the same angle, etc? Did you send them an existing pair of pedals to model these after?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, unless it's a secret that you're keeping close, how did you get these pedals designed and made? Specifically, all the geometries such that the new pedals would mount to the pedal hangers at the same angle, etc? Did you send them an existing pair of pedals to model these after?

Not keeping a secret, but I don’t know the creation details unfortunately. I reached out to someone who I saw had them in a Facebook post and asked them. I actually just checked and I asked for them 4 months ago. I sent some money on PayPal, and luckily I received pedals 😅 I will try to organize a group buy soon because there has been a lot of interest.

I think that it would not be too hard to model a nice pedal in solidworks or CAD though for an experienced mechanical engineer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Not keeping a secret, but I don’t know the creation details unfortunately. I reached out to someone who I saw had them in a Facebook post and asked them. I actually just checked and I asked for them 4 months ago. I sent some money on PayPal, and luckily I received pedals 😅 I will try to organize a group buy soon because there has been a lot of interest.

I think that it would not be too hard to model a nice pedal in solidworks or CAD though for an experienced mechanical engineer.

Thanks. 4-months! Wow, you have patience.

Since @Jason McNeil had such good luck with KingSong, I have to see if he might be interested in pushing for a similar solution for Gotway wheels.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Different Techniques on how to Carve!

Video Credit: Irina Golotova

Great form. That's the way to sell people on trying EUCs :thumbup: 

I've watched her before

• Like 2

NonStopNeal-1st impressions on the Kingsong 18L 

Edited by ED209
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ED209 said:

NonStopNeal-1st impressions on the Kingsong 18L 

Great to see a back to back impression like this. Sure the MSX part could have been different with a full charge and different speed settings, but it is so refreshing to hear someones honest opinion. Neal testing a wheel should be a regular on his channel. Please reach out to him and lend him a wheel if you are close to where he is having his dinosaur thingy. 

Edited by Espen R
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Dragon pedals - massive pedals for Gotway electric unicycles. They're super comfortable and enhance performance of the EUC for those with big feet.

It's a shame they're a custom CNC and therefore so damn expensive. $300 for a pair of pedals is a bit scary, but all the same maybe worth it? They look bloody brilliant!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

It's a shame they're a custom CNC and therefore so damn expensive. $300 for a pair of pedals is a bit scary, but all the same maybe worth it? They look bloody brilliant!

Well if Gorway stay conservative and keep same design, you could argue this to be good in a way, as the custom made pedals works with next wheel too 😉

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

@stephen Great video at the stately home.  Where is that?  At around 4:45 in the water garden, it really looked like drone footage, and for quite a bit after that too, very cool.

Insta 360x "the poor mans drone".  Scratch that.  Insta 360x "the rich mans poor drone".

It's called cartright hall in lister park https://www.google.com/search?q=Cartwright+Hall&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLUz9U3sDDNTipXgjDNqiwztCRD8kuLMotLHEtKihKTSzLz84IzU1LLEyuLAaVJ63UzAAAA&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj3vsf2jPDfAhURVRUIHXJKAKYQ_AUoAnoECAoQAg&cshid=1547566116641&biw=360&bih=668 

Yeah the 10 foot selfie stick does look like drone footage especially when the wind catches it and try to control it😀😀😀 in playing around with it try get some good footage

• Like 1