THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Marty Backe Don't be shy, de-unlist (list?) your new videos so they appear on your channel. I'm sure some people would benefit if they can come across them on yt.

Most of my YouTube videos are related to my other passion, woodworking. It seems to bother those folks that I'm pushing out EUC videos instead of woodworking, lately. So for now I am un-listing them and publicizing them here and on Facebook instead.

All of my unlisted EUC videos do appear in my Channel's EUC Playlist.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Blunzn said:

ok now it gets interesting ... after dji brought us drones and tracking abilities ... Vespa is giving us a f***ing fridge who can follow and drive up to 22mph :) 

If they allow that idiotic motorized 22 MPH beer barrel into grocery stores and malls without questioning the safety I will forever be traveling around on my EUC with a backpack cooler filled with fake food!

• Upvote 1

I just realized, SuperSport did not post a New Year's Day 2017 ride video! I did not find one in YouTube. Did you guys not ride this year? Also, I did not see a group name in the New Year 2016 video. Were those riders members of a group? If not, how did you get all of those riders together?

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Marty, you are one talented individual! I just watch a few of your woodworking videos. I am very impressed! Maybe you should call your bifercated YouTube channel 'Wood n' Wheels'!:)

Thanks :)  If I ever go into business I'm going to hire you to lead my marketing department!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I just realized, SuperSport did not post a New Year's Day 2017 ride video! I did not find one in YouTube. Did you guys not ride this year? Also, I did not see a group name in the New Year 2016 video. Were those riders members of a group? If not, how did you get all of those riders together?

I was in Washington at my Brother's house for New Years 2017 and tried Scuba Diving for the first time.  I only got a few solo rides in; The Covered Bridge video was one of those.  The group is the Southbay Electric Unicycle Group on Facebook.  There are about 2 dozen of us, and the largest ride I've been on with them was 17 or 18?  Nevin Chung is our local GotWay dealer and he leads up most of the events.  We get together almost weekly during the dry weather, and we also ride in the rain quite often.  I live about 3 hours from San Francisco, so I don't get to make all the rides, but I try.  Most of the events are posted on the group page.  The 360 video posted by @who_the on page 86 was their last ride.  I was unfortunately in the hospital that night. :(  That was an awesome ride I wish I hadn't missed.  Here is Todd's GoPro version of that same night.

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Roll Model said:

This could add quite a bit of capability to an EUC...
What do you think?

Er - no; very impractical for EUC riders I would have thought, because we can't easily see behind us. Also, it's bad enough that we have to protect the public from the machines we ride, without having to also protect them from a 40 KG free-running luggage rack we can't see !

4 hours ago, SuperSport said:

The 360 video posted by @who_the on page 86 was their last ride.  I was unfortunately in the hospital that night. :(  That was an awesome ride I wish I hadn't missed.  Here is Todd's GoPro version of that same night.

@SuperSport Missed you man! Huge wishes for health and wellness. Can't wait for the next ride we can get together.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Most of my YouTube videos are related to my other passion, woodworking. It seems to bother those folks that I'm pushing out EUC videos instead of woodworking, lately.

Looking forward to a wooden shell on your Monster!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, who_the said:

Looking forward to a wooden shell on your Monster!

I had the exact same thought when I read that! ;)

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Hope you are feeling better buddy!

Thank you!  I'll get there.  I think having my wheel as inspiration to get well is actually a big help.  I've now ridden it three times since I've been home.  Was only able to do 3 miles first time, 10 miles second time, and about 12 miles yesterday.  I'm getting there... ;)  Can't do the 40-50 mile rides quite yet, but soon!  I also have to fit in actual exercise.  Hehe

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I was in Washington at my Brother's house for New Years 2017 and tried Scuba Diving for the first time.  I only got a few solo rides in; The Covered Bridge video was one of those.  The group is the Southbay Electric Unicycle Group on Facebook.  There are about 2 dozen of us, and the largest ride I've been on with them was 17 or 18?  Nevin Chung is our local GotWay dealer and he leads up most of the events.  We get together almost weekly during the dry weather, and we also ride in the rain quite often.  I live about 3 hours from San Francisco, so I don't get to make all the rides, but I try.  Most of the events are posted on the group page.  The 360 video posted by @who_the on page 86 was their last ride.  I was unfortunately in the hospital that night. :(  That was an awesome ride I wish I hadn't missed.  Here is Todd's GoPro version of that same night.

Dude while it sounds like you had a good time I hope your feeling better! Hospital visit are never good...

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Most of my YouTube videos are related to my other passion, woodworking. It seems to bother those folks that I'm pushing out EUC videos instead of woodworking, lately. So for now I am un-listing them and publicizing them here and on Facebook instead.

All of my unlisted EUC videos do appear in my Channel's EUC Playlist.

Im also a huge fan of your work man! Keep it going!!

8 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

<snip>  I'm getting there... ;)  Can't do the 40-50 mile rides quite yet, but soon!  I also have to fit in actual exercise.  Hehe

40-50 mile rides? Wow. My absolute longest ride was been 38 miles, just last week with my new Monster. I was feeling it.  This weekend I'm going to try a Monster range test which might put me in the hospital :o  I live within a few blocks of one of the many Los Angeles cement rivers with associated bike trails. I should be able to do 60-70 miles without having to cross a single street.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

This weekend I'm going to try a Monster range test which might put me in the hospital :o  I live within a few blocks of one of the many Los Angeles cement rivers with associated bike trails. I should be able to do 60-70 miles without having to cross a single street.

Those Concrete Rivers would be fun for range. And no traffic!  Good luck on the ride. Stop regularly to walk and flex your feet and legs. Don't want to create a blood clot from standing too long.  That's a concern of mine due to what's been going on with me. 

Looking forward to your report and possible video. ?

• Upvote 1