THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

Just trying out my new Sony 4K Action Cam with it's GPS data overlay on the finished video, ride around Mile High Stadium:

Mile_High.mp4

You cannot get any clearer footage that that! Awesome!

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I finally received my Soloshot 3. I'm still playing around with the settings but it followed me great on this test run.

Very cool. Love your continued Mten3 dancing btw :)

Is that post processing zoom or is it optical zoom that you programmed into a 'track' that was preconfigured. Nice overall affect.  He with the greatest toys ... ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool. Love your continued Mten3 dancing btw :)

Is that post processing zoom or is it optical zoom that you programmed into a 'track' that was preconfigured. Nice overall affect.  He with the greatest toys ... ;)

Thanks! The optical zoom is automatic so no post processing. Currently the SS3 prefers longer distance shots to keep everything in frame. There seems to be a firmware update daily from the manufacturer so the engineers must be fine tuning and enhancing the entire process continuously. Some of the camera's program buttons state 'Coming Soon'.

You definitely fall into the Greatest Toys category!  Unfortunately for me having toys with zero time is becoming a real issue. Great work by the way on all of your recent Mten 3 contributions. You planted a seed that had my mind second guessing performing any 360 backward maneuvers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I finally received my Soloshot 3. I'm still playing around with the settings but it followed me great on this test run.

After watching the video again, I noticed the long shot view gives a pretty good idea of the speed, especially with the trees behind you.  Looked like you had some fast accelerations and were cruising pretty fast.  Have you done any of those flybays at close range yet?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, steve454 said:

After watching the video again, I noticed the long shot view gives a pretty good idea of the speed, especially with the trees behind you.  Looked like you had some fast accelerations and were cruising pretty fast.  Have you done any of those flybays at close range yet?

I froze my Mten butt off during that test ride.  :cry2:  I wanted to do so more testing but it started snowing. Damn you @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ? In order for the camera to track the tag I was wearing the closest I could get to the camera for a drive by would be about 10 feet. The camera was about 40 feet away from me on the straightaway shot but it has an unbelievable 2000 foot range for long distance shots. That is where the zoom will really kick in.  Lots of experimenting. Hopefully with the continuous SS 3 updates the GPS proximity acquisition will improve for closeups. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I froze my Mten butt off during that test ride.  :cry2:  I wanted to do so more testing but it started snowing. Damn you @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ? In order for the camera to track the tag I was wearing the closest I could get to the camera for a drive by would be about 10 feet. The camera was about 40 feet away from me on the straightaway shot but it has an unbelievable 2000 foot range for long distance shots. That is where the zoom will really kick in.  Lots of experimenting. Hopefully with the continuous SS 3 updates the GPS proximity acquisition will improve for closeups. 

Didn't know it tracks with GPS, 10 feet is amazing accuracy.  

1 hour ago, Rotciv said:

Learning To Ride

Protect it well if you don't want to get it scratch.  You will drop it many many times.  After protecting, get over to the other side of that fence and try it on the grass.  You will hop on and off endlessly until you finally learn to hang on it and go an inch, then a foot, then more and more.

Protect the ankles, the wheel tend to bite there when you're first learning and jumping off.

Edited by CaptainKBLS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, litewave said:

Please wear a helmet and protective gear, such as knee, elbow and wrist guards. Once you start gliding for more than a few feet, you will fall. 

Also, the grass hides surface irregularities, so don't be lulled into a false sense of security. My only faceplant (12mph or so) happened in the grass when I was learning, and it took a few months for all the pain to finally go away.

I disagree. When practicing the speed is really low and it takes no effort at all to step off the wheel if things take a turn for the worse. I don't think I ever came close to actually falling when practicing.

I feel like the safest time to ride was when learning and the most dangerous shortly after you've learned it, when you start to pick up speed and think you're invincible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flow said:

When practicing the speed is really low and it takes no effort at all to step off the wheel if things take a turn for the worse. I don't think I ever came close to actually falling when practicing.

That's true. I think the most important gear for the early phase are motorcycle boots to protect your ankles. When I had to step off the wheel, I often did so in forward direction. Since the wheel usually didn't tip over immediately, it would catch up and hit me from behind. I found high boots very helpful in these situations. Even at low speed, those pedals can hit you pretty hard. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Come on @Marty Backe post the one where the wheelee bin stops dead in a crack and you go arse over tit, and then over it.  that would be worth a... :roflmao:

I'm saving that one for the blooper reel

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

Protect it well if you don't want to get it scratch.  You will drop it many many times.  After protecting, get over to the other side of that fence and try it on the grass.  You will hop on and off endlessly until you finally learn to hang on it and go an inch, then a foot, then more and more.

Protect the ankles, the wheel tend to bite there when you're first learning and jumping off.

17 hours ago, litewave said:

Please wear a helmet and protective gear, such as knee, elbow and wrist guards. Once you start gliding for more than a few feet, you will fall. 

Also, the grass hides surface irregularities, so don't be lulled into a false sense of security. My only faceplant (12mph or so) happened in the grass when I was learning, and it took a few months for all the pain to finally go away.

Thanks for all the suggestions...his pads and helmet were being delivered that same day but he couldn’t wait to try the wheel. 

Riding on grass and learning to ride on slopes:

Making figure 8s:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Thanks for all the suggestions...his pads and helmet were being delivered that same day but he couldn’t wait to try the wheel. 

Making figure 8s:

That was quick. It took him a 'whole' day to learn to ride. Youth!

:cheers:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That was quick. It took him a 'whole' day to learn to ride. Youth!

:cheers:

16 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Making figure 8s:

OMG.  Kids learn fast.  Congrats!

I'm sure the next step is that they won't be able to fight the urge to go fast.  IMO, you have to keep that speed slow.  A face plant hurts like a MOFO.  Ride slow and lessen the chance.  You don't need to experience that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1