Edited by GothamMike
update

On 4/11/2020 at 1:06 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

...  getting closer to my goal of ensuring i die in debt..:D

Welcome to the club.

Bruce

On 4/11/2020 at 11:06 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I pulled the trigger on the Bell DH.

That's some nice helmet. I got it too. Just got goggles to it. Wanted vintage cafe racer look :efee6b18f3:. Broke the rubber around that adjustment circle at the back, but still works.

1197216828_Barstow_Death_Strap.thumb.jpg.3c1156698477917f862c9c9ed9bc2957.jpg

Edited by FunkyWheeling

18 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Just to follow up on a recent post I made, stating that my helmet collecting is getting out of control, here is the proof(maybe I need some sort of counselling!!!)  This is a New photo I took today including the Newly acquired Bell Super DH and the "Gorgeous" TSG Pro Carbon Trace Edition (which is definitely my New favorite helmet, but yet to be worn!). 

The two skate style helmets were only used in the beginning stages and DO NOT get used for EUC use now, as I prefer and have always used Full Faced protection ever since I learned to ride!

Helmet-Collection1.jpg

Love it :thumbup:

And yes, you do have a problem that should be looked into.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

I'd have a collection like that, but mine get nasty overtime, chucked on pavement and loaned out. Its only for show if there aint any rash on them. Lookit all those show pieces, where's the one's that has some action to prove you aint wasting your money? My current motocross helmet shows some action. My street one doesnt, but to be fair.. the LAW made me have that one. I typically test new helmets by putting them on then ramming my head into something hard...  You know, just to be sure and all, $600 Shoei NOT excluded, its got a dent too. Of course, now they all need replaced as supposedly its one hit and done. ha, yeah right. My wife has 1 each offroad and expensive Shoei..  Hers got the same testing... lolz

DSCN7842.thumb.JPG.df93e80cbf53a54eefdc6958b8b9324e.JPG

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

And just, you do have a problem that should be looked into.

I'm slowly trying to get my helmet collection up to the same number of wheels that you own, so maybe we both have issues:D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Lookit all those show pieces, where's the one's that has some action to prove you aint wasting your money? My current motocross helmet shows some action. My street one doesnt, but to be fair.. the LAW made me have that one.

The Black TSG has seen me put over 5000kms on the Z10, even though it's pristine, so it's seen some action but I like to stay on the wheel and not sliding around on my head:D Remember the Anthony Edwards video I linked that you refused to watch!

9 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

What are the two storm trooper ones next to the tiny skate helmets?

Ruroc RG1-DX: https://www.ruroc.com/en_us/snow-sports.html

• Like 1

Don't need to see a video to know what splattered skull on concrete looks like, plenty of images stuck in my head from BEFORE there was video of it all. All i gotta do is close my eyes. I dont watch horror movies either, tho Im familiar with what a chainsaw looks like when applied to live flesh.  Suppression of what COULD happen, is a safety mechanism I employ so that I can enjoy doing dangerous things. Of course, Im sure these somebody out there that is unfamiliar with splattered skulls, fractured bones and insides spilling on pavement. If those images arent already burned in their minds, perhaps they SHOULD watch some videos. :D  When I decide to don a helmet, its a pretty good indication that I plan on acting especially stupid today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Don't need to see a video to know what splattered skull on concrete looks like, plenty of images stuck in my head from BEFORE there was video of it all. All i gotta do is close my eyes. I dont watch horror movies either, tho Im familiar with what a chainsaw looks like when applied to live flesh.  Suppression of what COULD happen, is a safety mechanism I employ so that I can enjoy doing dangerous things. Of course, Im sure these somebody out there that is unfamiliar with splattered skulls, fractured bones and insides spilling on pavement. If those images arent already burned in their minds, perhaps they SHOULD watch some videos. :D  When I decide to don a helmet, its a pretty good indication that I plan on acting especially stupid today.

FYI, the video that I just posted today has zero graphic imagery. But it has lots of good content worth considering.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, fbhb said:

Unfortunately I don't think that the sizing of the TSG helmets go up as high as the Ruroc's do. 

TSG only go up to XL and a measurement of 60-61 cm for the Pass on their website: https://www.ridetsg.com/tsg-helmet-size-chart/

Ruroc's sizing does go up higher with your stated XL/XXXL being 60-64 cm on their website: https://www.ruroc.com/en_nz/sizing/

So I would say if the Ruroc you have is good snug fit in an XL/XXXL, then you may well find the TSG Pass XL a bit too tight, even with the smaller cheek pads fitted.  As previously mentioned, the TSG Pass is becoming more and more difficult to source, so if you are able to find one locally to try in XL first that would be my best advice. 

If, as I suspect, your only option is to take a gamble and order online then do so quickly (whilst stocks last) as at least if you needed to you can always on-sell it no issues!

I ordered a Ruoc once, but returned it same day. It had an odd shape to my head so I had to order a much bigger on to slip it over my head. I  measure 59cm and I can just barely get into a L size TSG pass. But once on it fits perfectly. 

Also the assembly of the Ruroc was poor so their comms could fit it. 

I took this resting on my adventure ride the other day. 

20200410_123241_compress7.thumb.jpg.8fdc20b41046dd61cbb1d2574e417c37.jpg

Coffee and almond cake. 😁🥧

I wounder why I had to order bigger size of mc pants. 

• Like 2

First ride today with the Scorpion EXO-AT950.  Added 23 miles to the KS18XL.

The helmet feels heavy when you are putting it on but the weight isn't noticeable when riding.  Visibility is excellent. I rode with the face shield up and the sun visor down so there was excellent airflow.  No need for sunglasses, a big plus.  When you need to read a notification on your watch you just slide the sun visor up.  The peak visor provides a convenient place to attach your rear view mirror.

Bruce

Scorpion 950.jpg

• Like 3

Looks good! As long as it doesnt seem hot or heavy in motion and you like it, it'll see good use. Im sure youll get used to its standing weight and itll break in to more comfort too.  Howd the xl do on its 20mi flight today? Just a puddle jump for it i would think. DId you try it without the overhanging plastic 'peak' visor? I routinely remove mine if i m wearing shades and dont anticipate any tree limbs (you know street use). Youd have to remount the mirror tho. Looks like a fighter pilot with that inner tinted shield.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

ill wear a full face helmet if i get a HUD and built in camera haha.. otherwise i feel it takes away from my peripheral vision and clouds my perception of the world around me.. well i shouldnt say that.. i IMAGINE that it would, never actually worn one

it definitely has a tendency to remove you from the world. At higher speeds with bugs, rain and wind noise, this is very handy. A comfy helmet is like putting yourself in a cozy quiet room with a big window.  Kind of similar to when you wear headphones and go for a walk. At high speeds (70mph+), a helmet helps as the isolation enables you to focus more. At slower speeds, a good safe isolation helmet tends to make you miss the sounds of the creek and birds and traffic.  Different flavors and I like both, full face, bucket top, no helmet, gotta try em all before you can decide.. like ice-cream. I can tell you this... when i put on a full kit and hit the motoX trails, I rode with WAY more confidence. Probably more dangerous in the end, but confidence and fun can go hand in hand too. "hold my beer, watch this" hell, i'm invincible today i gots me a dern helemt and shoes on.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

...Howd the xl do on its 20mi flight today? Just a puddle jump for it i would think. DId you try it without the overhanging plastic 'peak' visor?...

The peak visor is weird but it is handy for the mirror.  It will be more useful when I am back east where we actually have trees.

The XL was fine.  I am going to drop the tire pressure a little.  I was on desert dirt tracks for about three miles and the wheel gave me a good workout.  It got my pulse rate up.

I needed to use more toe pressure on the XL.  Going uphill on the 16S I could just lean as far forward as needed.  With the XL I had to exert toe pressure.  Next time out I am going to position my feet further forward on the pedals.  BTW, I had the same size pedals on the 16S.

The XL seems as maneuverable as the 16S.  It's a lot faster, I was comfortable riding in the mid twenties.

The range test will be coming up next week.  River Mountains Loop trail, 35 miles.  This shouldn't be much of a test.  I've already logged 46 miles on the XL with the charge it arrived with.  It will be more of a test for my feet.

BTW, with the visor up the helmet lets you hear what's going on around you. I could hear the wheel talking.  I didn't feel isolated.

Bruce

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

The peak visor is weird but it is handy for the mirror.  It will be more useful when I am back east where we actually have trees.

The XL was fine.  I am going to drop the tire pressure a little.  I was on desert dirt tracks for about three miles and the wheel gave me a good workout.  It got my pulse rate up.

I needed to use more toe pressure on the XL.  Going uphill on the 16S I could just lean as far forward as needed.  With the XL I had to exert toe pressure.  Next time out I am going to position my feet further forward on the pedals.  BTW, I had the same size pedals on the 16S.

The XL seems as maneuverable as the 16S.  It's a lot faster, I was comfortable riding in the mid twenties.

The range test will be coming up next week.  River Mountains Loop trail, 35 miles.  This shouldn't be much of a test.  I've already logged 46 miles on the XL with the charge it arrived with.  It will be more of a test for my feet.

BTW, with the visor up the helmet lets you hear what's going on around you. I could hear the wheel talking.  I didn't feel isolated.

Bruce

You'll have to PM me some of these trails you're hitting!  Are you posting your tours on EUC World?

3 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

You'll have to PM me some of these trails you're hitting!  Are you posting your tours on EUC World?

I'm having a problem with EUC World.  It tells me that data is being recorded but when I check it only records a fraction of a kilometer.

I am going to have to use my Lezyne bicycle GPS for tracking.

Bruce

1 minute ago, PennBruce said:

I'm having a problem with EUC World.  It tells me that data is being recorded but when I check it only records a fraction of a kilometer.

I am going to have to use my Lezyne bicycle GPS for tracking.

Bruce

I did a quick 3 mile ride the other day and it didn't get the last mile for some reason.  But I just started using it so I'll have to mess around and see what's up.

Mine does this a times too. I think its my android device, as it takes a long time to get a lock with another Sat app i open first. If its a fixable glitch in eucw, that would be awesome. How cool you guys both live so close. Or.. man i feel bad for you living so close to....

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Mine does this a times too. I think its my android device, as it takes a long time to get a lock with another Sat app i open first. If its a fixable glitch in eucw, that would be awesome. How cool you guys both live so close. Or.. man i feel bad for you living so close to....

It would be cooler if I weren't paranoid about being around other people right now.  I know Bruce is outta here when it warms up and I suspect that will be before the lockdown ends.  :(

Aaaaanyways, this is way off topic.  On topic, I got the green light from the wife to spend on a helmet (easy to convince her when it comes to safety gear) so I'll probably grab one of those Bell or TLD helmets.