THE HELMET THREAD

I’ve always stuck with hand mirrors but those are genuinely quite nice. At higher speeds it saves you from raising an arm which with the wind resistance can feel a bit off putting even if it’s not as much as putting your arm straight out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never enough helmets lol... I have my nice airy IXS Trigger downhill MTB lid for super hot days and my full face, much less airy and visor-less 661 Reset for slightly cooler days or those which run into the night. But for proper autumn/spring riding it can get too chilly on the face even for the Reset. So I wanted to cover all bases and get a cheap full face with visor.

Just ordered one of these in the black friday sales - £54.99 delivered! Purchased from XLMoto which I think is EU only. Will do a review once received but all the reports I see have been very favourable. Just can't go wrong for the price IMO and the secondary internal sun visor is really handy.

Acerbis.thumb.jpg.7cd8b61545b74b0227e60680f36a9041.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Planemo said:

Never enough helmets lol... I have my nice airy IXS Trigger downhill MTB lid for super hot days and my full face, much less airy and visor-less 661 Reset for slightly cooler days or those which run into the night. But for proper autumn/spring riding it can get too chilly on the face even for the Reset. So I wanted to cover all bases and get a cheap full face with visor.

Just ordered one of these in the black friday sales - £54.99 delivered! Purchased from XLMoto which I think is EU only. Will do a review once received but all the reports I see have been very favourable. Just can't go wrong for the price IMO and the secondary internal sun visor is really handy.

Acerbis.thumb.jpg.7cd8b61545b74b0227e60680f36a9041.jpg

No anti-fogging visor int his season is a mistake 😂 could get a WeePro adhesive visor.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Dude, I rode MC's all year round for 30 years and never had a so-called 'anti-fogging visor'. I'll manage :D

On an MC you have a lot of speed creating airflow in the helmet to help with fogging and I guess you never rode in the rain? It's a common thing and reason why pinlock exists, but ok you will discover for yourself. 😁

• Like 2

Simple nose breath guard/deflector helps a lot. I was looking pinlock for my LS2 Pioneer evo but couldn't find it from local stores. So i took a breath guard from my old helmet, it's not a perfect fit but works pretty well, that I don't need the pinlock (at least temperatures above the freezing point).

image.thumb.jpeg.2976713ad69db7f6cb47d7c912f6fa06.jpeg

1 hour ago, okvp said:

Simple nose breath guard/deflector helps a lot. I was looking pinlock for my LS2 Pioneer evo but couldn't find it from local stores. So i took a breath guard from my old helmet, it's not a perfect fit but works pretty well, that I don't need the pinlock (at least temperatures above the freezing point).

image.thumb.jpeg.2976713ad69db7f6cb47d7c912f6fa06.jpeg

Nice, over here in autumn and winter it's very humid so I use a thin stretchy necktube that I can pull up over my mouth when riding, if I don't even my pinlock will fog up on the worst of days.

On 11/10/2023 at 4:30 PM, Rawnei said:

On an MC you have a lot of speed creating airflow in the helmet to help with fogging

Anything more than 10mph is fine. Anything less and I dont need the visor closed anyway.

and I guess you never rode in the rain?

And I guess you missed the bit where I said 'I rode all year round'?

But no, I don't ride EUC in the rain. Or in winter. And I guess you also missed the bit where I said this would be my autumn and spring helmet.

It's a common thing and reason why pinlock exists

Brilliant. You realise that I had ridden, all year round, in the UK, for 15 years before pinlock even existed..

but ok you will discover for yourself. 😁

I've probably forgotton more about MC helmets than you have discovered image.png.89b316447769f552b05b636ab8222a91.png:D

My goodness, however did we all manage without the saviour that is pinlock...I guess the same way we did without mobile phones lol.

I have zero issue with pinlock btw. Its handy. But I'm certainly not going to discount a lid or consider it 'a mistake' just because it doesnt have it.

29 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Anything more than 10mph is fine. Anything less and I dont need the visor closed anyway.

And I guess you missed the bit where I said 'I rode all year round'?

But no, I don't ride EUC in the rain. Or in winter. And I guess you also missed the bit where I said this would be my autumn and spring helmet.

Brilliant. You realise that I had ridden, all year round, in the UK, for 15 years before pinlock even existed..

I've probably forgotton more about MC helmets than you have discovered image.png.89b316447769f552b05b636ab8222a91.png:D

My goodness, however did we all manage without the saviour that is pinlock...I guess the same way we did without mobile phones lol.

I have zero issue with pinlock btw. Its handy. But I'm certainly not going to discount a lid or consider it 'a mistake' just because it doesnt have it.

Probably the worst helmet take I ever seen, you do you.

Actually the pinlock works really well against fogging, I have had it in many of my helmets. But guiding the breath helps much also, you need to have a helmet without 'closed' collar portion below chin part so that exhaled air can escape freely out. I had to also block visor 'breathing' holes with a tape because they guided the exhaled air directly to the visor when it was closed.