Gotway Tesla Impressions and Diary

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So you think it's safe (for the internal charge port wiring) to charge at 4-1/2 amps?

Yip, normally the wiring in our wheels is safe for 4-5 amps, and on opening i didn't see any suspicious thin wiring, or reasons why Tesla should be different.

only higher i would not go! (And don't go over 3 Amps on your Mten! ;-) )

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yip, normally the wiring in our wheels is safe for 4-5 amps, and on opening i didn't see any suspicious thin wiring, or reasons why Tesla should be different.

only higher i would not go! (And don't go over 3 Amps on your Mten! ;-) )

I think I've only used the standard charger on the Mten3, but yeah, I wouldn't go over three.

I've only used 4-amps on my other wheels and was concerned that 5-amps may be too much. But 4-amps is still very fast!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

l don't know about "advanced" - l still occasionally disconnect from my wheel (there's even a video of that somewhere on this forum), but that's what you get for riding a unicycle. 

l guess I mean it is like walking... In that you don't think about each step or leg movement, it just happens. And it's the same on a wheel, just way more fun!!! 

You mean this video?  :popcorn:

• Like 3

All this talk about chargers reminded me that I have to get another charger for the KS18S.  Probably going to grab a cheap one off Aliexpress because the one that came stock with the wheel had one of the internal sheaths from the plug come loose.  It still works if I replace it, but it falls out and is annoying as a result.  My initial thought was to get a fast charger, but I've been surprised at how the slow rate of charge on stock chargers hasn't bothered me at all. 

On 2017-11-29 at 2:23 PM, Toshio Uemura said:

Do I really look THAT old?!!! ??????☹️ 

Do you even know how old the son of the emperor is .... ?

I hope you don't nod! Then I could may be forgive you ... ?

... Crown prince Naruhito was born 23rd Feb. 1960 !!!!!!!!

So just six and a half years older than me then :D

So, grandson then?

Then again, you may be an elf? :roflmao:

Edited by Scatcat

41 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

So just six and a half years older than me then :D

So, grandson then?

Then again, you may be an elf? :roflmao:

"After inadvertently wreaking havoc on the elf community due to his ungainly size, a man raised as an elf at the North Pole is sent to the U.S. in search of his true identity." kind of elf you mean?!  

directed by Jon Favreau and written by David Berenbaum. Or more the "Road of the Links" type of elf? ?

May be I am?! Honestly I have never thought about it.

5 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

"After inadvertently wreaking havoc on the elf community due to his ungainly size, a man raised as an elf at the North Pole is sent to the U.S. in search of his true identity." kind of elf you mean?!  

directed by Jon Favreau and written by David Berenbaum. Or more the "Road of the Links" type of elf? ?

May be I am?! Honestly I have never thought about it.

Show us your ears then, and they may give us a hint :D 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'll let you all decide... 

1. I'm sure that's just the camera angle. 
  2. Americans are so small and cute. 
  3. Don't they say that the camera adds 50 pounds? 
  4. Andre the Giant was my little brother. 
  5. l was wearing my platform shoes. 
  6. All of the above... 

And, for the record, in New Zealand we eat pineapple lumps, pavlova, and anything* coated in hot sauce (provided it is at least 100,000 SHU)!

* Excluding Californians - too much sun has made them into the human equivalent of raisins.

I think we just establish that you're Hagrid in disguise, getting rid of the beard and hair is perfectly enough to go incognito. I expect to see a wand sticking out of your back pocket...

21 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I hear with my eyes

:blink1:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, outcast00096 said:

Your "I hear with my eyes" sounds like this to me. 

Thanks! That looks like a cool movie. I didn't know that one yet. Have to check it out at Tsutaya. Hope they have it there.

And yes, that is about what I am talking of: But my bullet would have hit without me even shooting. ?

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It is an amazing 14°C (thanks to people who don't think global warming exists!), and I had a chance to let loose my Tesla on fairly clear roads and pathways.  I even heard an alarm :blink: at one point.  Here's some stats over about 20 km with five LEDs remaining out of eight starting at 100% charge.  I hit almost 48 kph at one point.

0IRV9aB.png

fjT7XSu.png

xvzAJTt.png

This thing is friggin' crazy.  It's like a Ninebot on steroids.  :w00t2:  I forgot how heavy it was at one point and almost dropped it coming to a stop trying to spin around a waist high pole (never grab things while riding), but I caught it in time.  :efefc8626c:

My calves are super sore though.  No lie - I gotta get me so of those lower leg protectors or pad up the side panels as I had a tough time finding a comfortable position.  :cry2:  I must have bulgey calves or something.  Ow!

0KIad3H.jpg

Hitting the beeps down a straight-away was fun.  I must be getting used to the wheel as the faster speeds aren't nearly as frightening.  But you know, mostly riding at about 20-25 kph is plenty safe and fun for me.  I kept thinking this is fast enough.  My car can go up to 220 kph, but I drive under 120 kph normally.  Do I ever want or need to go 220 kph?  Never.

I can probably fall off at 20-25 kph without too many problems.  At 40 kph and higher you really have to just enjoy the rush and try to forget about injury.  Me, I'm perfectly happy at slower speeds and not having to worry as much as it takes some fun out of it.

I'm hoping my Tesla is trouble free like my Ninebot.  It handled hitting bumps at higher speed just fine. I even slowly crawled over some irregular melting ice bumps with no issue, but it seemed like with each bump the pedals tilt forwards ever so slightly.  Maybe it was my imagination?

I have to say this Gotway Tesla is a 100% roller coaster thrill ride.  I kinda like the kiddie coaster myself so I won't be pushing it too hard.  It is fun keeping up to traffic while riding on a sidewalk, but then again I tend to slow it down as braking does take longer at higher speeds plus you never know if a kid, old lady, or dog is going to zip out from around a blind spot.  Only bad thing are the side panels and unknown failures occuring.  At 47 kph you do not want something to go wrong.  :blink:

Glad you got some more time on the wheel. We had a group ride today in Southern California and the temperature was 31 degrees Celsius - beautiful December whether.

I'm still trying to understand this picture but I can't figure it out. Looks  like legs but they are going in the opposite direction :confused1: 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You know it!  Had to pray on knees to the Gotway gods to keep me safe!  :innocent1: 

Now I got, I think. Man, way too much thinking for today :huh:

• Like 2

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love - stick with the loose pants! It will help when you set a speed wobble at 45+km/h and fill your undies! 

@Marty Backe - how are you finding the KS18S compared to the MSuper? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love - stick with the loose pants! It will help when you set a speed wobble at 45+km/h and fill your undies! 

@Marty Backe - how are you finding the KS18S compared to the MSuper? 

After the first 4 hours I don't love it, but I'm going to give it a couple hundred miles before I come to a final position.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1