Gotway Tesla Impressions and Diary

37 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I really enjoy your poetic use of words to describe our wheel sensations :cheers:

? You are too kind. Thank you. We call that "gomasuri" in Japanese, literally meaning "grinding of sesame" which gives a very nice smell, something like polishing apples, but it's used in funny way among friends. So thank you for enjoying and I wish my riding would become be more "poetic" for others to enjoy. ? ??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Although I baby my wheels as I like them with minimal war wounds, I don't mind the odd scratch and dent.  It's just the nature of the game.  Skateboards, Rollerblades, shoes, cars, pretty much anything that sees usage gets worn and dinged up.  It's a fact of life.  Sure you'll see people buying Ferrari F40's and store them away for investment purposes, but how much fun is that?  I say enjoy these material items while you can, replace parts if needed (and the Tesla has pretty easily removable glossy covers!), and don't sweat it that much.  :efee96588e:  Unless you have a rare Flamebot Ninebot One E+ then screw you guys!  I'm keeping it pristine!!!

Why do you ride an EUC? Have you ever thought about that question?

And as I tried to explain a little earlier, it is not about odd scratches and dents. I love scratches, they help to engrave the history we ride with our e_horses. 

It's all about refinement of my practice and technique; it's more about tea ceremony and mind over matter than about Ferrari F40's and matter over mind!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

@Toshio Uemura For my curiosity, during my travels in Japan I saw in the stores that the use of EUC is only allowed on private land. What exactly is it?

That is correct! Officially EUCs and Segways are not allowed on public roads. And I'm afraid that's why they don't sell so well here. However having laws and regulations and enforcing such laws and regulations are two completely different things in Japan. When you drive by a police car or a policeman you are in fact more likely to get a thumbs-up ? from them than a ticket.

And in case of my friends and me: I don't really make this difference between private land and the rest of Japan.

It all belongs to me ... So there is nothing to worry about.?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

That is correct! Officially EUCs and Segways are not allowed on public roads. And I'm afraid that's why they don't sell so well here. However having laws and regulations and enforcing such laws and regulations are two completely different things in Japan. When you drive by a police car or a policeman you are in fact more likely to get a thumbs-up ? from them than a ticket.

And in case of my friends and me: I don't really make this difference between private land and the rest of Japan.

It all belongs to me ... So there is nothing to worry about.?

You're not by any chance the Emperor of Japan? :D 

21 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Why do you ride an EUC? Have you ever thought about that question?

And as I tried to explain a little earlier, it is not about odd scratches and dents. I love scratches, they help to engrave the history we ride with our e_horses. 

It's all about refinement of my practice and technique; it's more about tea ceremony and mind over matter than about Ferrari F40's and matter over mind!

I ride because it's fun defying the laws of physics balancing and travelling at speed on one wheel.  It's a rush to be propelled almost effortlessly a few inches off the ground while standing straight up and being able to see a lot more places than one could while walking on two feet.  There's a sort of mystic balance and marriage between electronics and the rider's abilities that's fluid and elegant.

I just prefer to ride something cool looking that boggles other people's minds.  Keeping it mostly pristine looking appeals to me visually.  Kinda like sushi.  You eat sushi because it tastes and looks pretty good.  Without both it's not good sushi.  :whistling:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I ride because it's fun defying the laws of physics balancing and travelling at speed on one wheel.  It's a rush to be propelled almost effortlessly a few inches off the ground while standing straight up and being able to see a lot more places than one could while walking on two feet.  There's a sort of mystic balance and marriage between electronics and the rider's abilities that's fluid and elegant.

Don't forget the whole, "my wheel simply moves where my mind wills it to go" aspect... That is one of the coolest bits!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Scatcat said:

No, but you could be the emperors son or something ;) 

Do I really look THAT old?!!! ??????☹️ 

Do you even know how old the son of the emperor is .... ?

I hope you don't nod! Then I could may be forgive you ... ?

... Crown prince Naruhito was born 23rd Feb. 1960 !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I just prefer to ride something cool looking that boggles other people's minds.  Keeping it mostly pristine looking appeals to me visually.  Kinda like sushi.  You eat sushi because it tastes and looks pretty good.  Without both it's not good sushi.  :whistling:

Thank you! I really love your answer. ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Don't forget the whole, "my wheel simply moves where my mind wills it to go" aspect... That is one of the coolest bits!

Well, I envy you! I wish I were such an advanced rider. 

And (by the way) you are exactly making my point. 'Cause if (or better when) what you say is (or becomes) really true, your wheel will NOT have a single dent or scratch (which is what I am thriving for with my Tesla!), supposed you won't "will" it across the pavement on purpose with you stumbling and falling along ... (Wistle)

Now for me not being such an advanced rider it's yet more like "Thy will be done!" and less like "my wheel simply moves where my mind wills it to go"! But I believe with practice one can get completely lost in the experience, the ego, the "I will My will thing" disappears and "my will" becomes one with "thy wheel" and those are the precious moments of sudden enlightenment when we forget time and us and everything around, when we become one with our e_horse or in other words: our wheel IS really US! But for me, the Newbie, this happens only when I fall and my wheel sends me flying ... ?

Edited by Toshio Uemura
Addition
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Reinventing the Sunday drive, any day of the week

How beautiful a sentence this is! What a refined thought. It captures the essence of an important aspect of the wheel, a very important aspect to me. Really epic words! ❤️??

Thank you for all these answers.

• Like 2

On 28. November 2017 at 7:28 PM, Hansolo said:

@Toshio Uemura For my curiosity, during my travels in Japan I saw in the stores that the use of EUC is only allowed on private land. What exactly is it?

Judge for yourself! Here is a night out in Osaka with my friends.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hansolo said:

@Toshio Uemura:D great! The next time I go to OSAKA I'will contact you 

Yes please! ?  I live in Shiga, but we often ride in Kyoto, Osaka or Kobe on weekends or in the evenings. It's great fun. ?

17 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Well, I envy you! I wish I were such an advanced rider. 

l don't know about "advanced" - l still occasionally disconnect from my wheel (there's even a video of that somewhere on this forum), but that's what you get for riding a unicycle. 

l guess I mean it is like walking... In that you don't think about each step or leg movement, it just happens. And it's the same on a wheel, just way more fun!!! 

• Upvote 2

Back to the Tesla diary:

;-)

I am happy to Report that i now own a second 84Volt Charger, with 3 Amp. Together with the 1,5 Amp original charger i can now use my Charge doctor -double Input- to charge the wheel with up to 4,5 Amp to the percentage of my like. Nice :-)

New rubber sidepads are on the way.....

For the Tesla itself: No complains whatsoever.

Seams that Marty and i are on the lucky side of Gotway Teslaowners, ( at least until now) who have NO Problems with their Tesla.

I have to say that i have read/saw a lot (to much) of mosfet fails on the Tesla on other sides like Facebook or elsewhere. So sad that GW doesnt get their shit together!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Back to the Tesla diary:

;-)

I am happy to Report that i now own a second 84Volt Charger, with 3 Amp. Together with the 1,5 Amp original charger i can now use my Charge doctor -double Input- to charge the wheel with up to 4,5 Amp to the percentage of my like. Nice :-)

New rubber sidepads are on the way.....

For the Tesla itself: No complains whatsoever.

Seams that Marty and i are on the lucky side of Gotway Teslaowners, ( at least until now) who have NO Problems with their Tesla.

I have to say that i have read/saw a lot (to much) of mosfet fails on the Tesla on other sides like Facebook or elsewhere. So sad that GW doesnt get their shit together!

I know that one problem is too many, but how many Tesla's have been sold and how many failures? If the Tesla control board design is truly bad then we should expect the majority of wheels to fail. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Glad that yours is working good :thumbup:

Regarding your fast charger, how fast are you charging it (amp setting)?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I know that one problem is too many, but how many Tesla's have been sold and how many failures? If the Tesla control board design is truly bad then we should expect the majority of wheels to fail. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Glad that yours is working good :thumbup:

Regarding your fast charger, how fast are you charging it (amp setting)?

You know i am happy with my Tesla....it is just that there are a bit to much reports of failed mosfets, and that are more than when -for example- a new KS is on the market.

So yeah, lets hope that ours will keep on working good :-)

I have no adjustable fast charger, Just two different chargers, one with 3 Amp,  and one with 1,5 Amp (Standard).

I can now choose to connect both (4,5 Amp) or only one(1,5 or 3) of them to my Charge Docterwith double input. Via the Charge doctor i can adjust the Charge Level...for example 90%->82Volts.

As the Tesla has "only" 4 parallel packs a 4,5 Amp Charge (means 1.125 per pack/cell) is a quite fast Charge, and i will only use that if i need a quick Charge. (25%-90% about 2hours then)

Other wise i will use only the 1,5 Amp charger when charging over night.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

You know i am happy with my Tesla....it is just that there are a bit to much reports of failed mosfets, and that are more than when -for example- a new KS is on the market.

So yeah, lets hope that ours will keep on working good :-)

I have no adjustable fast charger, Just two different chargers, one with 3 Amp,  and one with 1,5 Amp (Standard).

I can now choose to connect both (4,5 Amp) or only one(1,5 or 3) of them to my Charge Docterwith double input. Via the Charge doctor i can adjust the Charge Level...for example 90%->82Volts.

As the Tesla has "only" 4 parallel packs a 4,5 Amp Charge (means 1.125 per pack/cell) is a quite fast Charge, and i will only use that if i need a quick Charge. (25%-90% about 2hours then)

Other wise i will use only the 1,5 Amp charger when charging over night.

So you think it's safe (for the internal charge port wiring) to charge at 4-1/2 amps?