Gotway Tesla Impressions and Diary

13 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Does anybody have a good way to inflate the MSuper V3S+ tire?

Someone cut a small piece off the bottom of the shell under the pedal.  It gave easy access and was not very visible.  I also cut a small piece from my ninebot shell, using a flush cut saw.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Easy to get to valve comes with a cap!

298513_img3507.jpg

Ninebot extension makes life easier.

117210_img3509.jpg

Tire specs.  It says to inflate to maximum 45 psi.  I pumped it to 57.5 psi.  What do you guys have yours at?

295446_img3510.jpg

Cheng Shin Tire or could be He Ng Shin or Heng Shin?

503921_img3512.jpg

When you posted the first photos I was wishing you would have shown the tire.  Now here are some great views of the tire! (twilight zone music playing in my head)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

Someone cut a small piece off the bottom of the shell under the pedal.  It gave easy access and was not very visible.  I also cut a small piece from my ninebot shell, using a flush cut saw.

The valve access on the MSuper is most cruel.

I would think but never tried the access to be easiest using an air compressor.

I use this to inflate;

Lezyne 1-MP-DPRDR-V1S04 Digital Pressure Drive Hand Pump, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JKA39YE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_3WicAb5BJXEN9

You almost need the flexible hose for this wheel.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LanghamP said:

The valve access on the MSuper is most cruel.

I would think but never tried the access to be easiest using an air compressor.

I use this to inflate;

Lezyne 1-MP-DPRDR-V1S04 Digital Pressure Drive Hand Pump, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JKA39YE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_3WicAb5BJXEN9

You almost need the flexible hose for this wheel.

Great idea! Thank you. I think that should work. I probably have a compressor somewhere in my car (the punk repair kid with sealing liquid comes with an adjustable compressor, I think). I will try it in the next few days and confirm. Thank you again for this great advice.

On 9. November 2017 at 4:56 AM, KingSong69 said:

only about 25% charge...it first has to go to the charger :-)

Btw. the battery is displayed by 8 OWN LED at the top of the wheel, i mean with that, that each of this Led is triggered alone, not like for example the 10 stripes on a KS14c, which are in reality only 5 because they go down in pairs!

Means ech Led stands for 12,5% load.....2 Leds = 25%, 7 Leds= 87,5 %...very good! and good to see, depending on the LED mode you choose...

HELP! I got my Tesla today. Everything works fine when I switch it on. The app connects. Mode setting is possible. BUT when I plugged in the charger it does not seem to charge the batteries. They are at 25% charge as it came, but the charger turns green, as soon as I plug it on? I used the charger on my MSuper. The charger works fine, red lamp. But with the Tesla it stays green with both chargers.

Does anybody have an idea, what the problem is, with my brand new Tesla? I wanted to ride it to university tomorrow ... cry! 

On 9. November 2017 at 4:56 AM, KingSong69 said:

only about 25% charge...it first has to go to the charger :-)

Btw. the battery is displayed by 8 OWN LED at the top of the wheel, i mean with that, that each of this Led is triggered alone, not like for example the 10 stripes on a KS14c, which are in reality only 5 because they go down in pairs!

Means ech Led stands for 12,5% load.....2 Leds = 25%, 7 Leds= 87,5 %...very good! and good to see, depending on the LED mode you choose...

HELP! I got my Tesla today. Everything works fine when I switch it on. The app connects. Mode setting is possible. BUT when I plugged in the charger it does not seem to charge the batteries. They are at 25% charge as it came, but the charger turns green, as soon as I plug it on? I used the charger on my MSuper. The charger works fine, red lamp. But with the Tesla it stays green with both chargers.

Does anybody have an idea, what the problem is, with my brand new Tesla? I wanted to ride it to university tomorrow ... cry! 

12 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

When the charger is working on your Msuper and is correct....then it Looks for me as the Charge port of the Tesla perhaps is not connected correctly...

OPen the wheel and check that....

Thank you for your fast reply. Do I need to disconnect the batteries for that check? 

46 minutes ago, stevedig said:

don't fiddle with the charge port without unplugging the batteries. 

general steps for any internal maintenance activity:

1. open wheel
2. unplug battery / ies
3. whatever is next

3. = After disconnnecting the battery, switch the wheel on (it will start balancing) until it powers down, so the capacitors are emptied.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

agree with @KingSong69. This happened to my ACM once. I had to open the wheel and remove the panel that holds the charge port. One of the wires had disconnected from the connector (bad soldering job from Gotway), so I had to resolder it.  Disconnect the batteries before working on the connector.

Here is my Forum post that discusses the issue, including pictures.

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@Toshio Uemura, I agree with @KingSong69. This happened to my ACM once. I had to open the wheel and remove the panel that holds the charge port. One of the wires had disconnected from the connector (bad soldering job from Gotway), so I had to resolder it.  Disconnect the batteries before working on the connector.

Here is my Forum post that discusses the issue, including pictures.

Many thanks to all of you. Your fast help is very much appreciated. I am not good with electronics, but after having changed the control board of my MSuper V3s+ successfully and with your help, I am more confident now to open up these things, even though they are brand new. It is really great to have such strong support from all the EUC grand masters here. Arigatoo!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Many thanks to all of you. Your fast help is very much appreciated. I am not good with electronics, but after having changed the control board of my MSuper V3s+ successfully and with your help, I am more confident now to open up these things, even though they are brand new. It is really great to have such strong support from all the EUC grand masters here. Arigatoo!

Please let us know what you discover and how you fix it. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

But I thought the LEDs can be turned off. Are you saying that when trolleying with it, the LEDs are always on???

The ACM is also well known for getting sticks and such stuck in the shell. It's really not much of a problem. Even my KS14S, when riding on the trail this weekend, got debris stuck in the shell a few times.

Common @KingSong69, that adds to the excitement of riding wheels. You are looking at it all wrong. Gotway equals Excitement! :w00t2:

Thanks for the update :)

The Minimum you have to accept  are the „battery“ lights on top of the wheel....up to 8 LEDs on each side.

So when battery is full, your complete top of the wheel is with LED on, they are blinking (not rotating) and thereby changing their colors!

While that is nice while driving (you have battery status between your leg)...while trolleying that makes this wheel kind of look „childish/hoverboard lookalike“.

Again, this might be nit picky....but the wheel deserves a more „raw“ look, instead of this LED lalalala...

For excitement: YES! The riding mode and behaviour absolutly is!!!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

The Minimum you have to accept  are the „battery“ lights on top of the wheel....up to 8 LEDs on each side.

So when battery is full, your complete top of the wheel is with LED on, they are blinking (not rotating) and thereby changing their colors!

While that is nice while driving (you have battery status between your leg)...while trolleying that makes this wheel kind of look „childish/hoverboard lookalike“.

Again, this might be nit picky....but the wheel deserves a more „raw“ look, instead of this LED lalalala...

For excitement: YES! The riding mode and behaviour absolutly is!!!

Very interesting how the Tesla shares so much with the Mten3. The Mten3 has 6 battery indicator lights. They don't blink, but they continuously change colors, fading from one color to the next.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

hey don't blink, but they continuously change colors, fading from one color to the next.

I guess thats what i wanted to say in my broken english, the Tesla is doing that also.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Please let us know what you discover and how you fix it. Good luck.

Of course I will. I also got a mail from my Chinese vendor, who I contacted about the warrantee. They wrote back late at night and will contact Gotway today, then they will get back to me with instructions and spareparts (if necessary). They are very fast and helpful. They also had warned me about the oscillation problem with my MSuper (the day after I had heard about it here in the forum) and had sent me the replacement board and the instruction videos I posted earlier.

So I think I wait it out since it is raining today anyway. I keep you all updated. And yes! GW QC ? is not what the rest of the world (especially we here in Japan) understand under the word "Quality CONTROL". Anybody else loves Russian Roulette? ?

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On ‎13‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 10:34 PM, Marty Backe said:

Very interesting how the Tesla shares so much with the Mten3. The Mten3 has 6 battery indicator lights. They don't blink, but they continuously change colors, fading from one color to the next.

Btw.:

I had a solution to my opinion about the to bright lights from the battery LED....i covered them with some black, but transparent foil i had left from Tuning my MSuper red plastic parts.

Now they are perfectly dimmed, i still can see the battery Status from above, but they don't shine like a kindergarten Party anymore :-)

Nice!!!

I also changed the mini rubber pads on the side to the "Standard" 7 rip Baby foam protector....

Also much better than the installed one.....i will get the new "rubber side pads" from my seller, but this will take a good while i guess.

Until then, the solution now Looks and works nice:

U3AMDKe.jpg

• Like 2