2 hours ago, Elwire said:

Riding Inmotion V8 while waiting for my Z10 to arrive. Had a little fun with the Mavic pro today : ) Desperately trying to make the time go faster!

Very artistic and creative. Love it!

• Like 1

I’m still waiting on that DarknessBot app update. Right now it connects but is unable to pull any info from the wheel. I want to have info back on my  Watch.. and the ability on honk, turn on lights from the watch.. missing those functions!

3 hours ago, justanut said:

I’m still waiting on that DarknessBot app update. Right now it connects but is unable to pull any info from the wheel. I want to have info back on my  Watch.. and the ability on honk, turn on lights from the watch.. missing those functions!

Be patient. I am running the latest beta version and it is nearly done. 

• Like 2

:popcorn:  The more I watch these Z10 videos the more I'm amazed at how sleek the shell is around the fat tire.  Imagining that I've never seen an EUC before, I keep wondering where the heck are the batteries stashed?  I've seen HOJ's tear down video, but it still amazes me how they managed to stash everything inside and still make the shell so sleek looking from the back.  The off-set motor is a brilliant design feature. The front side needs some redesign as they could have made some sort of cowl for the headlamp like similar to a sports bike, but that Batman monowheel rear end with the fender off is to die for.  :dribble:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love FWIW, I personally don't mind the mudguard-ed back (not a fan of getting mud butt), but I get why everyone likes it off: while filming the pre-production videos, the view of the rear was the least appealing that's what she said of shots.

The whole aesthetic of the Z is just on another level compared to all other EUCs right now IMHO; I feel like I'm a member of a S.W.A.T. team every-time I get off from riding this thing, like I need to swap my wardrobe for tactical gear and boots :ph34r:

And the engineering is a whole 'nother level, especially with the offset motor housing spacing for the battery distribution. No one seems to mention this, but most EUCs are still inefficiently using the empty spacing within the motor housing, as I've learned from talking with Joey Serrin in the past. You would think they would start modifying the motor design itself now (kind of how Apple started making their own iPhone processor chips), but sadly, cost is probably prohibitive still for our favorite top brand mom & pop EUC co's.

Maybe Ninebot is the beginning of a trend. Can you imagine extended range versions of the MSX, with batteries packed into the motor housing? I bet we'll start seeing this with Gotway before anyone else (just because of the high churn rate coming out of Gotway's factory).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Hope so, but super prohibitive still, I would imagine.

Certainly Gotway has been a trailblazer for many new aspects of EUC of late, but a Gotway starting to build their own motors in-house would certainly would have a rough start  in the beginning, seeing all the issues they've had with building their own batteries in-house initially. 

I might have to skip those initial Gotway-built motor models, wait for maturity :D

I'll trail-blaze for you. Besides, with their outstanding warranty what do I really have to lose?

:cry2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, electricpen said:

That resolution to not give in to new wheel temptation is already gone and new wheels haven't even been released yet! :D

Damn! You're right. I'm hopeless :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Anyone seen this problem?

:shock2:  :crying:

I've seen that on other wheels, but not the Z10. And that's rather disconcerting. Can you provide us any background?

If I were to guess, I'd say it's a failure in the control board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

It’s not a problem. The poor Z is just angry ? for being badly treated. I would react in the same way, if someone treats me that rude.

i see these things like this one and sometimes think maybe wheel competitors produced this, like kingsong because of their trolley problems. wag the dog.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Anyone seen this problem?

Looks to me like the control board may have come loose? I would check to make sure it's still seated properly and all of the screws are still tight.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've seen that on other wheels, but not the Z10. And that's rather disconcerting. Can you provide us any background?

I had this happen under my feet several times with my Rockwheel GT16 when taking sharp bumps at the right speed/weight. It always stopped after a few seconds. It like the software that reads the gyro and corrects the stance goes into some kind of oscillation loop.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It’s not my wheel but the owner of that YouTube channel. I found the video after someone sent me a link and asked if I’ve seen that problem. 

30 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

It’s not my wheel but the owner of that YouTube channel. I found the video after someone sent me a link and asked if I’ve seen that problem. 

In the comments on youtube, someone suggested it might be locked, but the owner said it rides fine, and only acts like that a zero speed.  He was going to look inside.

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

In the comments on youtube, someone suggested it might be locked, but the owner said it rides fine, and only acts like that a zero speed.  He was going to look inside.

I looked at all of the YouTube comments. Unless I'm missing something, nowhere does the author say that this only happens at zero speed. He actually implies that it happens whenever he hits a bump.