2 hours ago, LucasD said:

No difference in actual use. Nice to have, but really it is just scaling on hardware to software.

So gotway reads 68/ 84/ 100V converts it to 68V and sends on bluetooth. App receives it and scales base on setting 68-> Display value...

So you’re saying battery % will be accurate but not the actual voltage readout? 

4 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

So you’re saying battery % will be accurate but not the actual voltage readout? 

Yes, battery reading should be accurate. There are alarms, but they can get stuck in notification loops (please slow down, please slow down  .....)

15 minutes ago, LucasD said:

Yes, battery reading should be accurate. There are alarms, but they can get stuck in notification loops (please slow down, please slow down  .....)

No I understand, but for the purpose of a 100V wheel, I'd want to set an alarm beyond the max 31 allowed in the app.  @Ilya Shkolnik is a higher top speed alarm on your to-do list as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Ilya Shkolnik

I post here after my discussion with Ivan I met in Paris yesterday.  

On this forum I read that @AllSySt3msG0 has built an app to have info from the Wheels on a Garmin Watch through WheelLog. 

As I use your app on iPhone, would it be possible that you get in contact with @AllSySt3msG0 in order to add that excellent feature to your DarknessBot app?

Many thanks !

• Upvote 1

@Ilya Shkolnik is it possible to use darknessbot for gauges and logging, but the Gotway app to set the actual alarms? 

If so, how would that work? just disable the alarms in darknessbot for the wheel to respect the alarms set in the Gotway app? 

Edited by Ben Kim

1 minute ago, Ben Kim said:

@Ilya Shkolnik is it possible to use darknessbot for gauges and logging, but the Gotway app to set the actual alarms? 

If so, how would that work? just disable the alarms in darknessbot for the wheel to respect the alarms set in the Gotway app? 

Of course. Don't change max speed settings in DarknessBot. In future I planning fix max speed settings for Gotway.

Sorry if it's already written here, but how does the Apple Watch integration work? Can I see my instant speed on the watch while riding? Does the watch work when it does not sense a wrist (e.g. when over the sleeve of a jacket).?

5 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Sorry if it's already written here, but how does the Apple Watch integration work? Can I see my instant speed on the watch while riding? Does the watch work when it does not sense a wrist (e.g. when over the sleeve of a jacket).?

You can see your realtime speed, current, total and remaining mileage, battery and temperature. Also you can make beep, turn torch/lights/lock. AW over jacket will be works but only without pincode. AW locks automatically by security reason if not detects your hand.

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik

On 8/4/2019 at 6:39 PM, Ilya Shkolnik said:

@OliG Garmin integration is not planned for near time. Check DarknessBot's roadmap

Sad to read that. 

Please consider an update of the roadmap for this feature 😉

I’m sure you can 😇

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Diana Chiu said:

Is there a way to see speed/battery info even when pin is locked? As in a widget on the home screen?

Nope, however you can set it so the app is persistent even during wake (General > Wake Screen > Raise Show Last App > Always)

If you don't wear it on your wrist though, only workaround is to disable pin.

• Like 1

Issues with DarknessBot that weren’t there a year ago, but are quite troublesome today. Don’t know when they changed exactly though.

- The app crashes at every fourth launch or so.

- The app loses connection and stops recording data after about a minute of switching off the display.

- After connecting, the app hangs for 10-30 seconds.

- If the wheel is powered off and back on while connected to DB, phone notification says that the wheel is connected. However, if I then open the app, it is not connected, and it didn’t record any data.

- After connecting (and after the 10-30s hang), it takes a long time to show both the total and current mileage.

- Battery level doesn’t seem to update properly, at least when low on battery on the MSX. DB keeps showing 8% despite if I accelerate or ride at a steady speed.

I’ve been running the DarknessBot betas, but the issues were there on the App Store version as well. Using iPhone 6 (currently on iOS 12.3.1), wheels MSX 84V and KS-16S.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Issues with DarknessBot that weren’t there a year ago, but are quite troublesome today. Don’t know when they changed exactly though.

- The app crashes at every fourth launch or so.

- The app loses connection and stops recording data after about a minute of switching off the display.

- After connecting, the app hangs for 10-30 seconds.

- If the wheel is powered off and back on while connected to DB, phone notification says that the wheel is connected. However, if I then open the app, it is not connected, and it didn’t record any data.

- After connecting (and after the 10-30s hang), it takes a long time to show both the total and current mileage.

- Battery level doesn’t seem to update properly, at least when low on battery on the MSX. DB keeps showing 8% despite if I accelerate or ride at a steady speed.

I’ve been running the DarknessBot betas, but the issues were there on the App Store version as well. Using iPhone 6 (currently on iOS 12.3.1), wheels MSX 84V and KS-16S.

For reference, I also have a KS16s, but with an iPhone6S Plus and have not observed any of these issues. 

The only bit issue I’ve experienced is the battery level being a reflecting lower than what the kingsong app shows. KS app has been more true as I ride. 

1 hour ago, Chili D said:

For reference, I also have a KS16s, but with an iPhone6S Plus and have not observed any of these issues. 

The only bit issue I’ve experienced is the battery level being a reflecting lower than what the kingsong app shows. KS app has been more true as I ride. 

The battery percentage range is different on Darknessbot over the KS app, the actual voltage is going to read the same.  Just figure the voltage range on your wheels, 100V wheel 100.8V is full, 72V is empty, 84V, 84V is full, 60V is empty, etc.

On 8/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Check DarknessBot's roadmap

Any updates regarding fixing V10[F] integration? (Mentioned earlier in thread by several people but not on that roadmap.)

Edited by AtlasP

5 hours ago, Chili D said:

That is interesting. I’ll check if I can reset the DarknessBot caches or something.

Today I tried WheelLog on Android. Amazing! Connects and records data immediately, and even reconnects right away as soon as the wheel is turned on, even if I didn’t touch the Android that had been display-sleeping for hours.