On 10/3/2019 at 11:04 PM, Jenti said:

It's 1.5.1

Sorry for delay in answering.
What's the eScooter BLE version?
And send logs please (Settings/About/Share logs) 

(With 0.9 and above BLE version DarknessBot can't get any data:(

Edited by december11

On 10/5/2019 at 2:04 AM, General Principle said:

Error code everytime I try to connect. Occasionally will connect , only to repeatedly disconnect while ridding

What is wheel firmware and DarknessBot version?
Can you record a video by Apple screen recording and send me DM?  

Hi guys!
Yesterday we met with V10F owner and trying to observe disconnection problem.  
Unfortunately, @Ilya Shkolnik can't catch disconnections while he trying connecting to wheel, and this is a bad news =(
So, we needs your help, please all V10(F) owners - while 10 minutes try to connect to DarknessBot and send logs right after it. Maybe Ilya can compare your logs and find the reason of this disconnections. And get all info - your wheel firmware, your iOS device, iOS version, DarknessBot version, in-apps your purchasing and using, all permissions you get to app, and screens your wheel parameters from Inmotion app... (Wrote it with logs message or in DM) 
I hope your connection-disconnection logs and this information helping us to understand whats going on. 

And, maybe I'm asking you guys trying to logging the connection to your wheel. Who has an Android device or iPhone+MacBook? If so, I wrote you DM with instructions.
And have someone trying connect V10(F) to Wheellog? This app hasn't such troubles, hasn't it? 

Sorry guys, this problem has existed for a long time, but we have not been able to figure out the reason. 
Yesterday, we finally met the V10F owner, but I think he haven't so much troubles as @LZMutant and @AtlasP

*********impossible to connect cloudkit.************

I have a V8 inmotion and an iphone is IOS 13.1.2.
I downloaded Darknessbot because the inmotion application is bad.
I bought the camera option and the icon does not appear as it should in the top right corner.
In addition to that, I can't connect to the cloudkit. When I go to "Apple ID / ICloud / find me"; there is nothing.
So I can't connect anything.
I would like to point out that on the "ICloud" page the toggle is activated for Darknessbot.
How do we do this, please?
thank you

10 hours ago, december11 said:

Hi guys!
Yesterday we met with V10F owner and trying to observe disconnection problem.  
Unfortunately, @Ilya Shkolnik can't catch disconnections while he trying connecting to wheel, and this is a bad news =(
So, we needs your help, please all V10(F) owners - while 10 minutes try to connect to DarknessBot and send logs right after it. Maybe Ilya can compare your logs and find the reason of this disconnections. And get all info - your wheel firmware, your iOS device, iOS version, DarknessBot version, in-apps your purchasing and using, all permissions you get to app, and screens your wheel parameters from Inmotion app... (Wrote it with logs message or in DM) 
I hope your connection-disconnection logs and this information helping us to understand whats going on. 

And, maybe I'm asking you guys trying to logging the connection to your wheel. Who has an Android device or iPhone+MacBook? If so, I wrote you DM with instructions.
And have someone trying connect V10(F) to Wheellog? This app hasn't such troubles, hasn't it? 

Sorry guys, this problem has existed for a long time, but we have not been able to figure out the reason. 
Yesterday, we finally met the V10F owner, but I think he haven't so much troubles as @LZMutant and @AtlasP

@december11 Appreciate the dialog very much. Happy to help/provide as much detail as I can.

Tried again today. In the beginning things looked good, I rode for 15-20 minutes with no disconnects (didn't really push speeds, didn't have music playing over bluetooth).

Started playing bluetooth music and rode a bit longer (maybe 5 mins) with no problem, then I encountered a large group of pedestrians blocking a park path so I cut through the grass and boom, disconnect/reconnect sound. It was flat, I was going pretty slow in the grass, and I only weight ~150 pounds, so this might be slightly more demanding on the wheel but it's not like I should be anywhere near its' limits electrically or anything. Or maybe the terrain change was complete coincidence, no idea.

Also when this happens I don't have any record of the previous trips to view in-app. I have a couple trips that show up all with distance: 0.0-0.1 mi, max speed 0.0 mph, average speed 0.0 mph, but it does have values for max temp, max current, max power, but then "battery discharge 0%". If I look at one of the graphs like the speed graph, it just says "no data for the selected period".

I just sent logs. (Actually twice, first by itself, then again including the following requested version information.)

Wheel firmware 2.2.8 (reported through InMotion app)
iPhone 8
iOS 12.4.1
Darknessbot 5.3 (231)
Addons - tracker (don't think I was recording location at the time), graphs, auto torch (not enabled because it seemed reversed last time I tried it, maybe didn't adjust for timezones properly?)

Unfortunately I only have an iPhone + Windows PCs.

Edited by AtlasP

9 hours ago, David35 said:

*********impossible to connect cloudkit.************

I have a V8 inmotion and an iphone is IOS 13.1.2.
I downloaded Darknessbot because the inmotion application is bad.
I bought the camera option and the icon does not appear as it should in the top right corner.
In addition to that, I can't connect to the cloudkit. When I go to "Apple ID / ICloud / find me"; there is nothing.
So I can't connect anything.
I would like to point out that on the "ICloud" page the toggle is activated for Darknessbot.
How do we do this, please?
thank you

Sorry, but this is a new bugs, appears because of iOS 13. We’ll trying to fix soon. Don’t trying to reinstall app, you can lose your purchases (it’s a bug too 😔)

Please, trying connecting to CloudKit again (from Profile tab in app, for example) and send logs right after it. 
(Settings/About/Share logs)

Edited by december11

On 9/26/2019 at 9:10 AM, BarrettJ said:

No, even on the series 5 the always on display is just for the main watch face and apple’s workouts app.

Could you do what this article says ?  I have no clue about Apple Watches but here you go in case it's useful.  Pesonally I use my garmin watch as a speedometer.  Don't really worry about battery as 2hrs on my MSX is enough for me at the moment and I usually get home with ~50% after ~30 miles of flat.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/24/apple-watch-series-5-always-on-display-turn-off/

Edited by Gazza-usa

On 10/6/2019 at 2:29 PM, AtlasP said:

@december11 Appreciate the dialog very much. Happy to help/provide as much detail as I can.

Tried again today. In the beginning things looked good, I rode for 15-20 minutes with no disconnects (didn't really push speeds, didn't have music playing over bluetooth).

Started playing bluetooth music and rode a bit longer (maybe 5 mins) with no problem, then I encountered a large group of pedestrians blocking a park path so I cut through the grass and boom, disconnect/reconnect sound. It was flat, I was going pretty slow in the grass, and I only weight ~150 pounds, so this might be slightly more demanding on the wheel but it's not like I should be anywhere near its' limits electrically or anything. Or maybe the terrain change was complete coincidence, no idea.

Also when this happens I don't have any record of the previous trips to view in-app. I have a couple trips that show up all with distance: 0.0-0.1 mi, max speed 0.0 mph, average speed 0.0 mph, but it does have values for max temp, max current, max power, but then "battery discharge 0%". If I look at one of the graphs like the speed graph, it just says "no data for the selected period".

I just sent logs. (Actually twice, first by itself, then again including the following requested version information.)

Wheel firmware 2.2.8 (reported through InMotion app)
iPhone 8
iOS 12.4.1
Darknessbot 5.3 (231)
Addons - tracker (don't think I was recording location at the time), graphs, auto torch (not enabled because it seemed reversed last time I tried it, maybe didn't adjust for timezones properly?)

Unfortunately I only have an iPhone + Windows PCs.

FWIW I have found that my BT headphones regularly disconnect when I go running.  I have a pouch that is on my hips that is rotated on to my back with my phone in.  It seems to me that iPhones are pretty crap as far as range and power are concerned with BT.  If there is interference around this is also a big problem.  IIRC the new BT uses 2.4GHz which is exactly the frequency absorbed by water !!!  BT is a line of sight radio.  It's not robust from what I can tell.  So the issue you had may just be BT related.

I usually have my phone in my pant leg pocket which is close to my EUC.  I use my watch to tell me speed as it is a standalone device with gps built in.

One feature that would be nice is to have DB announce battery percentage warnings.  EG it would say "20 percent" every 10 seconds or anything below that in 5% increments.  Obviously the user should be able to select when the alarm starts and what warnings they get.  A simple list of percentages and a check-box next to them to activate them would be practical.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gazza-usa said:

FWIW I have found that my BT headphones regularly disconnect when I go running.  I have a pouch that is on my hips that is rotated on to my back with my phone in.  It seems to me that iPhones are pretty crap as far as range and power are concerned with BT.  If there is interference around this is also a big problem.  IIRC the new BT uses 2.4GHz which is exactly the frequency absorbed by water !!!  BT is a line of sight radio.  It's not robust from what I can tell.  So the issue you had may just be BT related.

Here's the thing: darknessbot on the same phone (in the same pocket I always keep it and riding the same routes I always ride) stays connected to/works with my v8 for hours just fine. And the official InMotion app stays connected to/works with both my v8 and my v10f for hours just fine. All using the same phone/context. Only darknessbot connected to the v10f has this issue. So it's not the phone or bluetooth or the wheel, it's the combination of darknessbot with the v10f specifically.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 11:11 PM, december11 said:

Sorry for delay in answering.
What's the eScooter BLE version?
And send logs please (Settings/About/Share logs) 

(With 0.9 and above BLE version DarknessBot can't get any data:(

Sorry I can't send logs - it redirect me to mail app on Iphone which I don't use.  I don't see how to attach clip from the phone here too.

My BMS version is 0115. That's all I can see in M365 Plus app.

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

So it's not the phone or bluetooth or the wheel, it's darknessbot with the v10f specifically.

If you go back through this thread the V10f has had issues for some time.

Hey @Ilya Shkolnik has there been any progress made to fix the battery % not showing correctly on KS16x?

I know the official KS app is also broken but I have been told WheelLog works so :shrug:

On 8/27/2019 at 2:24 PM, ThatGuy said:

Also on every screen it displays a message "you must allow access to cloudkit in settings/ Apple ID/ iCloud/ Look me up by email" however I am unable to see anything called cloudkit following that path.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   iOS version: iOS 13 Public Beta version 7. DarknessBot version 5.2 (223) 

I think something at CloudKit had been changed on iOS13, have you use DarknessBot at iOS12 or you started at iOS13? 
It's looks like only new users have this bug.

Sorry for sooo delayed answer=) 

On 10/8/2019 at 9:02 AM, Gazza-usa said:

One feature that would be nice is to have DB announce battery percentage warnings.  EG it would say "20 percent" every 10 seconds or anything below that in 5% increments.  Obviously the user should be able to select when the alarm starts and what warnings they get.  A simple list of percentages and a check-box next to them to activate them would be practical.

Yep, we're thinking to add battery levels to alarms for speed, but just after the bugs improvement... 

@Jenti, I'll answer you later, when i'm understand where you can find your BLE version or what you should do with logs=)

20 hours ago, prasket said:

has there been any progress made to fix the battery % not showing correctly on KS16x?

Have you check voltage settings? (Settings/Device/Voltage (or something like this)) and check that's 84v 

16 hours ago, General Principle said:

Connecting and disconnecting randomly during ride. Sent log.

little problems were nbd when I was using the free version, but now that I’ve paid for the full it’s a bit more frustrating...haven’t been able to use the app functionally in  weeks now @december11

thank you. 
When you make a purchase? I've interesting what DarknessBot version and iOS version you had when you noticed this problems. 

Edited by december11

On 10/8/2019 at 10:11 PM, Jenti said:

My BMS version is 0115. That's all I can see in M365 Plus app.

I think Ninebot app can show BLE version. 
About logs, I'm afraid for this moment it's possible only by apple mail app. 

19 hours ago, General Principle said:

5.3 (231)

Upgraded to full about 3 weeks ago

latest iOS 

ok, thank you. 

On 10/9/2019 at 7:03 PM, december11 said:

I think something at CloudKit had been changed on iOS13, have you use DarknessBot at iOS12 or you started at iOS13? 
It's looks like only new users have this bug.

Sorry for sooo delayed answer=) 

Yep, we're thinking to add battery levels to alarms for speed, but just after the bugs improvement... 

@Jenti, I'll answer you later, when i'm understand where you can find your BLE version or what you should do with logs=)

Have you check voltage settings? (Settings/Device/Voltage (or something like this)) and check that's 84v 

thank you. 
When you make a purchase? I've interesting what DarknessBot version and iOS version you had when you noticed this problems. 

I found BLE from friend with Android phone. It is version 0.81

Hello everybody,

I'm happy with DarknessBot and it works well with my MSX.
Can someone tell me how I can activate the video recorder in the app?
Record video from app screen and camera.
I bought all the features for DarknessBot in the App Store.
DarknessBot Version: 5.3 (231)
Thank you for the answers

Greetings Harry

On 10/10/2019 at 6:13 PM, december11 said:

ok, thank you. 

hey @december11 Any word on an update? I paid 8 bucks and was hoping to get more consistency than the OEM app...just cycles between connection and non....and every few days gives me a steady beep. Bummed

On 10/10/2019 at 6:13 PM, december11 said:

ok, thank yo

On 10/13/2019 at 9:24 PM, boardaholic said:

Hello everybody,

I'm happy with DarknessBot and it works well with my MSX.
Can someone tell me how I can activate the video recorder in the app?
Record video from app screen and camera.
I bought all the features for DarknessBot in the App Store.
DarknessBot Version: 5.3 (231)
Thank you for the answers

Greetings Harry

Hi, @boardaholic. Have you seen a video button? On Device tab (Dashboard) in the right top corner.