On 8/6/2019 at 6:08 PM, julioviegas said:

For all Z10 riders using DarknessBot app: how do you setup the amperage alarm? I’m not only looking for the parameter you actually use, but understand how that works. TIA

Settings / Application / Alarms / By amperage

On 8/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, Chili D said:

The only bit issue I’ve experienced is the battery level being a reflecting lower than what the kingsong app shows. KS app has been more true as I ride. 

This is no issue, because 4.2V per cell = 100%, 3.3V - 0% (by safety reasons). You can ride with lower voltage, but it's unsafety. DarknessBot will not motivate such a trip

On 8/7/2019 at 8:15 AM, mrelwood said:

- The app crashes at every fourth launch or so.

Can you to provide crashreports? On macOS: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice (after iPhone sync via iTunes)

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik

On 8/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, mrelwood said:

Today I tried WheelLog on Android. Amazing! Connects and records data immediately, and even reconnects right away as soon as the wheel is turned on, even if I didn’t touch the Android that had been display-sleeping for hours.

Android is a lot less strict when it comes to background apps. Makes it a lot easier to do this kind of stuff reliably. 

Hey @Ilya Shkolnik thanks again for this app. We love it. I just noticed that I can no longer reset a trip or max speed on the latest version 5.3

I used to be able to reset it on the lower right side of max speed and singe mileage . Any ideas?

thanks again for creating this!

mark

14 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Hey @Ilya Shkolnik thanks again for this app. We love it. I just noticed that I can no longer reset a trip or max speed on the latest version 5.3

I used to be able to reset it on the lower right side of max speed and singe mileage . Any ideas?

thanks again for creating this!

mark

Hi, manual trip reset will be in next beta 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Statistics DarknessBot model of electric vehicle on August 13:

On one hand, no surprise that scooters outnumber EUCs. (Explains why Darknessbot's roadmap right now unfortunately seems to be heavily prioritizing development regarding scooters.)

On the other hand, people should be very careful reading into these numbers regarding EUC proportions. For example, there's still the bug with Darknessbot and the InMotion V10 which means they can't really use Darknessbot. (I had to go back to the native app when getting my V10F until the bug is fixed.) Not to mention InMotion has a more usable native app in the first place compared to King Song or Gotway, meaning more InMotion users likely use the native app (or no app on a daily basis) without even searching for/knowing there's an alternative. There could also be alignment between wheel brands and phone brands--so for example King Song riders might be way more likely to use Android instead of ios (hence not using Darknessbot). More broadly I would expect enthusiast wheels are over-represented here as their audience is most likely to use a third-party app, whereas there are probably a lot more V5/V8's and Ninebot One's and especially Segway MiniLite/MiniPro's in the wild at least in North America.

Edited by AtlasP

introTrips.png.1be38502d94439c9cef31930c525a6b0.png

What's new in beta 5.3-227:
- Added Intro
- Trips: Improved UI
- Trips: Returned ability for manual start new trip
- Alarms: Max speed up to 80 kph
- Fixed display of Battery Capacity

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 5:47 PM, Ilya Shkolnik said:

introTrips.png.1be38502d94439c9cef31930c525a6b0.png

What's new in beta 5.3-227:
- Added Intro
- Trips: Improved UI
- Trips: Returned ability for manual start new trip
- Alarms: Max speed up to 80 kph
- Fixed display of Battery Capacity

Is it possible to get a hold of the beta version? I would love to test it out on my Gotway MSX 100V

On 8/23/2019 at 1:25 AM, biroka said:

Hi Ilya! Would you extend please the supported device list with KS18XL? Thanks in advance! biroka

KS18XL is already supported! 
Have you any problems with this device and DarknessBot?

On 8/23/2019 at 8:11 AM, prasket said:

Does anyone know if the Kingsong 16x is supported by the app yet? 

Yes, it's supported, but we've some problems with alarms, speed limits and automatic torch. We trying to fix it soon ;)

• Like 2

Hi All,

A friend who got me into EUCs recently told me about a 3rd party App to checkout, Darkness bot. It seems pretty cool and I like that it links up to my watch and shows current speed however it only seems to show speeds in KPH and I can't find anywhere to change that to MPH - is this possible?

Also on every screen it displays a message "you must allow access to cloudkit in settings/ Apple ID/ iCloud/ Look me up by email" however I am unable to see anything called cloudkit following that path.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   iOS version: iOS 13 Public Beta version 7. DarknessBot version 5.2 (223) 

@ThatGuy DarknessBot metric system uses iOS Region settings: Settings / General / Language and region / Region and set region where using MPH. In 5.3 version you will can switch it in DarknessBot settings  

For using DarknessBot's social features you can turn on iCloudDrive in Settings / Apple ID

Hi Ilya -

Just want to wave my arms as another V10F owner who'd love to use your app.  Saw the roadmap and looking forward to a reliable connection on iOS with Apple Watch support.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 9:22 PM, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Can you to provide crashreports? On macOS: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice (after iPhone sync via iTunes)

Doesn’t that require a full backup to the computer? I don’t have the 60GB of free space that is required for a full backup.

Since backups are generally done to iCloud, there really should be a better way to access the logs.

I still tried to use DB despite the issues. Whenever DB is running, the app freezes for 10-15 seconds about every minute or so. App doesn’t respond to input (while the iOS does), and doesn’t draw graphs or update the shown values.

How can I upload the data from past trips?

Edited by mrelwood

On 8/27/2019 at 8:11 PM, Ilya Shkolnik said:

@ThatGuy DarknessBot metric system uses iOS Region settings: Settings / General / Language and region / Region and set region where using MPH. In 5.3 version you will can switch it in DarknessBot settings  

For using DarknessBot's social features you can turn on iCloudDrive in Settings / Apple ID

Thanks for your response. 

Sadly neither of those solutions have worked for me :( I've set my region to the UK, where we use the imperial system, and it still shows in K/PH. 

Same as following the setting / Apple ID path. I've got iCloud drive running and Darknessbot has the toggle switched on however same issue continues.

I look forward to 5.3 so that I can use this correctly :) 

I apologise if this has already been asked but whats a realistically safe maximum speed limit for an Inmotion V8?

I'm 65kg and i have a battery that can provide more amps than the original.

When changing the max speed to 33km/h lets say, how can I expect the wheel to warn me with audio/tiltback? Are warnings turned off or?

Lets say you're climbing and the power is too high, does it still warn?

Would the speed warning be constant between 30-33km/h?

When battery levels drop to say 60% is the speed limit still 33km/h? (dangerous)

I think I have a good feel for when I'm starting to exceed available power. The wheel starts to hesitate. I'm a bit reluctant on riding with this as my only protection.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:34 PM, Julian Alvarez said:

App is working great with my V8. Really enjoying the 35km/h unlock to essentially remove the tilt back. Will be purchasing premium soon to support development! Thanks a bunch.

Hi Julian!

How many km have you put in after unlocking the speed? Have you had any unexpected problems?

How much do you weigh? I'm considering unlocking myself. I'm 65kg and I've ridden 10kkm @30km/h.

21 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Thanks for your response. 

Sadly neither of those solutions have worked for me :( I've set my region to the UK, where we use the imperial system, and it still shows in K/PH. 

Same as following the setting / Apple ID path. I've got iCloud drive running and Darknessbot has the toggle switched on however same issue continues.

I look forward to 5.3 so that I can use this correctly :) 

Send me logs via Settings / About / Send logs with Subtitle "Don't connecting to iCloudDrive"

Love Darknessbot - I'd love to get in on the betas if possible (clrams followed by the email symbol gmail.com).

Quick feature request: The ability to permanently hide bluetooth devices.  There's TONS of bluetooth stuff listed on the main screen that I will never connect to - if I could swipe and then hide or delete them to keep the list cleaned to only my used devices that'd be nice.

• Like 3