@iMaster, DarknessBot is unable to read the settings that the wheel is running under, it can only tell the wheel to switch to a certain setting. That’s why DB always shows mode 0 when launched, it doesn’t know.

Although, it would be a lot clearer to the user if the mode list had a ”-” as the first option. Then DB would only show correct or ”-” (”don’t know” / ”unset”) values.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/14/2018 at 8:37 PM, mrelwood said:

@iMaster, DarknessBot is unable to read the settings that the wheel is running under, it can only tell the wheel to switch to a certain setting. That’s why DB always shows mode 0 when launched, it doesn’t know.

Although, it would be a lot clearer to the user if the mode list had a ”-” as the first option. Then DB would only show correct or ”-” (”don’t know” / ”unset”) values.

All right, this problem will be fixed in future

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Like 3

Msuper X: The tilt-back setting sometimes ends up at 6 or 9 km/h, no matter what I actually set it at in DarknessBot. If that happens, the only way to fix it is to set the tilt-back in Gotway app. This only happens sometimes, and I wasn’t yet able to figure out why.

I hope some day DarknessBot will be able to switch the riding modes on the Msuper X. The less the original app is needed the better!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Msuper X: The tilt-back setting sometimes ends up at 6 or 9 km/h, no matter what I actually set it at in DarknessBot. If that happens, the only way to fix it is to set the tilt-back in Gotway app. This only happens sometimes, and I wasn’t yet able to figure out why.

I hope some day DarknessBot will be able to switch the riding modes on the Msuper X. The less the original app is needed the better!

I found the probable cause of the problem. I will try to fix it in next beta

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

I found the probable cause of the problem. I will try to fix it in next beta

That is great news, thanks!

I do have a question about the wattage and amperage. I've watched my wattage closely with KS-16S, and I only got past 1500W on very steep hills or under extreme acceleration. On Msuper X the power keeps jumping to past 2000W on DarknessBot even at stable speed of 20km/h on level ground. It seems like the amps and power display gets multiplied by 5 every second. The app shows me reaching 90A and 8000W repeatedly under normal riding conditions. Is this an issue of Gotway's abysmal power handling, or perhaps in communication with DarknessBot?

1293282071_IMG_2993small.PNG.783126aac4f38d4c764743613be39d70.PNG

Edited by mrelwood

15 hours ago, mrelwood said:

do have a question about the wattage and amperage. I've watched my wattage closely with KS-16S, and I only got past 1500W on very steep hills or under extreme acceleration. On Msuper X the power keeps jumping to past 2000W on DarknessBot even at stable speed of 20km/h on level ground. It seems like the amps and power display gets multiplied by 5 every second. The app shows me reaching 90A and 8000W repeatedly under normal riding conditions. Is this an issue of Gotway's abysmal power handling, or perhaps in communication with DarknessBot?

Gotway is showing the amperage About as twice or even 3 times to much!

You have a 6P Parallel pack in the X...the continiuos delivery is max 60Amps....Some might argue with Peak values, but as 18650 are my vaping Hobby i can promise you that the GA cells have such a massive voltage sag when even going a bit over the 10Amp they are declared….These numbers are just not possible.

I have the same experience with my 1600wh Monster...sometimes showing 120Amps in wheellog or Darkness.....thats just not possible....

Divide the numbers by 3 and you have some reasonable numbers to deal with!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I attached a screencap from riding the MSX on smooth, level asphalt, holding as close to 10km/h as I can, and avoiding any sudden movements or bumps. I don’t think it can be due to MSX being a powerful wheel. Either MSX reports wrong or DarknessBot reads wrong.

Small graphics issue: Sometimes when I switch to DB from a landscape app, the DB tiles orient strangely even when I have the DB orientation locked.

DDE7F537-D70A-4E32-A8B9-58CFD4F4494C.thumb.jpeg.e96bf809d2cad14943e7300cb399a646.jpeg

It can be solved by unlocking the orientation, turning the iPhone to landscape, then back to portrait, and locking orientation again.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1

Dear users, Me and UI Designer will be in Europe for a week: 3-4 August in Prague, 5-8 August in Dresden. 
If someone want to meet with us, ask some questions or just talk about future, feel free, write me in WhatsApp, Telegram, forum PM. You can find it on my DarknessBot profile. We will be happy to see you!

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/16/2018 at 3:54 PM, mrelwood said:

On Msuper X the power keeps jumping to past 2000W on DarknessBot even at stable speed of 20km/h on level ground. It seems like the amps and power display gets multiplied by 5 every second. The app shows me reaching 90A and 8000W repeatedly under normal riding conditions. Is this an issue of Gotway's abysmal power handling, or perhaps in communication with DarknessBot?

Some time back, an Engineer in China Zymax (if memory serves me right?) did a test with a physical datalogger, he found the GW board stats to be over-representing the power output by a factory of 2. Illya could probably add in a normalization routine: if MFG_ID = GW, then /2.

Edited by Jason McNeil
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:
4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Zymax

@zlymex

Unfortionately this was no constant factor - this brought me to the idea that the wheels (except inmotion by now) report motor current instead of battery current...

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

appIconDarkRounded.thumb.png.651499baea9bcb7d007ba015e2ef4f3e.png

DarknessBot 4.3 available in the Appstore!

◉ Added Themes
   ► Default
   ► Night
   ► Black
◉ Added new devices support
   ► KingSong 18L
   ► Inmotion V10/V10F
   ► Rockwheel (new party)
◉ Added Myo Armband integration
◉ Added Italian localization

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ilya do you have info how speed is reduced when battery goes down if set to 45 km/h on V10? 45 to 35 maybe?

This is how it is reduced by Inmotion if used with original settings. 40 - 30.

9E3911B2-3F3E-40AA-8312-6D5E94047BE0.png

Even with 100% I’m unable to get 45 km/h. Inmotion V10 (not F) and latest firmware 2.2.8. I hope I’m still able to unlock it on 2.2.8

Edit: I’m actually able to go past 40km/h but tiltback on 2.2.8 is agressive and its actuall unridable. It starts 5 km/h before speed limit and you really have to lean forward to push it to the speed limit.

7A9FD4AC-6A2F-4696-9B57-8B605BC6E904.png

Edited by Rok Tomažin

6 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

DarknessBot 5.0 Announcement!

414716134_2018-07-2115_59_48.thumb.png.5894a1d0ac1d11ee60f9d2d8249a17ec.png

Will sessions/trips be finally implemented in this version? Take into account the auto-pause when the rider is not moving, similar to other riding apps like Strava