Kingsong S16 coming...

Mango

Dennis Hagov basically called this a 16x with suspension so I’m completely down for this wheel. I’m too scared to go super fast, I can’t really ride far due to time constraint or just getting sore. …and I’m not ashamed to admit I do like me some needlessly flashy neon lights and built in speakers. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The S16 looks to be an interesting wheel. It seems to be a bit more capable than the older wheels in its class, but the S16 appears to be better built and is flashier. Plus suspension should work well.

However, the V11Y can do 60 km/h, and is a V11 revamped. And the weight is around 66 lbs. Tough competition.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, GottaWay said:

Ditch the speakers, up it to 100v 1750wh, and up the speed to 70kmh.

The 1500wh battery is fine capacity wise but the 84v 50kmh limit kills it.

Also ditch half of the battery and speed down to 40km/h. Now that would be perfect. You got all of past 3 years released wheels in that category made. Slower, smaller, lighter - none.

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

So basically make it to a different class product than it’s intended for? And for a different target group? Right.

Maybe try to see that other people may have different needs than you? I personally wouldn’t change my nickname to “IndaMotion” and post on Begode threads what they should change to match my dream wheel…

But if we look at  the weight and overall stats of the wheel.. It's closer to the "big boy" street racing wheel class, than last mile commuters.. Or in general commuter.

I still stand for the weight classes 10-20kg lightweight. 20-30kg middle class and anything over 30kg is the heavy class. Doesn't matter how big battery and how fast it goes. It's in same group. Or should we add also 30-40kg and 40-50kg class now? It always have been "3" classes.

In my eyes S16/S19/S22 and all of rest new wheels are in same class/group. Yes V13 and S16 is the same for me. :D Doesn't matter that one goes much slower. It's over 30kg - it's the same. :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Funky said:

In my eyes S16/S19/S22 and all of rest new wheels are in same class/group.

A KingSong engineer had said that the S16 weight at launch will be 29kg. So it fits into your mid class after all!

It will basically weigh the same as the V11Y, with the same battery capacity, even the same suspension travel. Though the V11Y has a larger tire, is 10 km/h faster, and has ride mode customizations. No smart BMS though, AFAIK.

Edited by mrelwood

38 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It will basically weigh the same as the V11Y, with the same battery capacity, same top speed,

Were there an update on the top speed that was stated in the Kingsong's Official S16 Launch Video?

60 km/h top speed would be more desirable than the 50 km/h that was stated in the Launch Video.

Timestamped.

Edited by techyiam

20 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Were there an update on the top speed that was stated in the Kingsong's Official S16 Launch Video?

60 km/h top speed would be more desirable than the 50 km/h that was stated in the Launch Video.

Oh, sorry!! I just remembered wrong… Fixed now.

Edited by mrelwood

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

A KingSong engineer had said that the S16 weight at launch will be 29kg. So it fits into your mid class after all!

It will basically weigh the same as the V11Y, with the same battery capacity, even the same suspension travel. Though the V11Y has a larger tire, is 10 km/h faster, and has ride mode customizations. No smart BMS though, AFAIK.

Yet like i said - i want something lighter than my 18xl for my next wheel.. It's great that it's under 30kg. But still 2 heavy for "my" daily needs. I will be looking at 20kg wheels, when i'm gonna buy new one.

Edited by Funky

On 9/10/2023 at 1:28 AM, Funky said:

Also ditch half of the battery and speed down to 40km/h. Now that would be perfect. You got all of past 3 years released wheels in that category made. Slower, smaller, lighter - none.

But if we look at  the weight and overall stats of the wheel.. It's closer to the "big boy" street racing wheel class, than last mile commuters.. Or in general commuter.

I still stand for the weight classes 10-20kg lightweight. 20-30kg middle class and anything over 30kg is the heavy class. Doesn't matter how big battery and how fast it goes. It's in same group. Or should we add also 30-40kg and 40-50kg class now? It always have been "3" classes.

In my eyes S16/S19/S22 and all of rest new wheels are in same class/group. Yes V13 and S16 is the same for me. :D Doesn't matter that one goes much slower. It's over 30kg - it's the same. :D

Be sure to keep an eye out for S14 in the future.;)

• Haha 1

We're trying to have King Song bump up the speed from 50kph to 60kph & use the 50S cells in there to support the higher current loads, & additional safety margin. It's still under negotation, right now they want a couple hundred unit firm order, but it's a chicken-and-egg thing—the S16 needs to prove itself first, before anyone is going to be placing a large order with them.  

What do you guys think, would there be more appeal with those better specs? The wholesalel price difference ought to be pretty marginal, Dealers would absorb this to keep it within the $2k release price.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

What do you guys think, would there be more appeal with those better specs?

Yes, I would readily pay an extra 100-200$ to get +10kph max speed (or extra safety margin at lower speeds - whichever way you look at it) without any tradeoffs (except cost). 60kph would top the S18 and V11, putting it on par with the T4 and the expected V11y. That would make it the cheapest non-Begode 60kph wheel, an important sweet-spot. A lot of countries have 50 kph as the city speed limit (and some still have 60), so the extra margin in this speed region is extremely important for safe city riding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you ride on sidewalks, not on streets with cars - 50km/h speed is plenty. :whistling:

I would pay 1000-2000$ extra, if it was under 20kg weight.. 

We need carbon fiber EUC's. Duck Steel... (Sigle use per drop - people will start to ride more carefully.) :D 

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Executing well on a single release, with something interesting/new to add, has infinitely more value than knocking out several hardly differentiated models each year.

Are Leaper Kim's Sherman S and Patton good examples of the former?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

For the likes of King Song, they've got to get out of this mindset of total secrecy, fail to do any market requirements assessment, then wonder why there's a lacklusture response to an introduction that fails to have some key differentiation in a saturated marketplace & recent spotty quality record.

We all would greatly appreciate a list of top selling EUCs, or a sales ranking of all of them. That comes to mind as you mention "lacklustre response" to King Song models. It would be great to know which wheels actually sell. So if that is information you can release, please do so!

• Like 1