Kingsong S16 coming...

Mango

Another update. Mine start squeaking while riding. The sound doesn't change with speed. 

But if I deliberately pump suspension up and down while riding - sound goes away. Any ideas except spraying PTFE on pedal axle and suspension pivots?

On 4/29/2024 at 11:18 AM, padluka said:

Another update. Mine start squeaking while riding. The sound doesn't change with speed. 

But if I deliberately pump suspension up and down while riding - sound goes away. Any ideas except spraying PTFE on pedal axle and suspension pivots?

What kind of squeaking - plastic? metal? rubber?  
The sounds I've encountered while I owned the wheel:
-middle pedal hangers flopping around
-valve stem hitting the inside frame of the wheel.
-hybrid tire "hairs" hitting inside the mudguard
-suspension arm rubbing outside of the mudguard

I had fluid film on my pedal hangers and lowest rollers, and wd-40 in the trolley columns out of the box. Maybe check the status of the all the bolts and washer on the suspension arms if you think the sound is coming from that area. Oscillating squeaks are likely happening in the wheel well or mudguard.

The sound is connected with mudguard. If I push it to the side - and it's silent. If the mudguard is "free" there are squeak even when I roll the wheel by hand slowly.

It can't be tire "hairs" - I cut all of them of.

Had no time to disassemble it to check. Seems like mudguard is not fixed very well.

2 hours ago, padluka said:

The sound is connected with mudguard. If I push it to the side - and it's silent. If the mudguard is "free" there are squeak even when I roll the wheel by hand slowly.

It can't be tire "hairs" - I cut all of them of.

Had no time to disassemble it to check. Seems like mudguard is not fixed very well.

been there. but mine ended up being the hairs

Posted (edited)

Good. Just installed it. No problem in the procedure. The release info sounds promissing, but I have tried 2 things out of it that should have been fixed/added but none of them work for me :unsure: 

One is color setting in the app (currently it can be switched on/off only and if on it is just full RGB flowing effect). The info says it should be able to set it up in the app. It is, but the settings do not have any impact. One thing was added though, which is "Lighting effect" menu item where there are several events/triggers for lighting effects and one can set which effect should be used in case of that event occurs. Will test it if this works.

The second thing mentioned in the release notes is that the display newly shows the speed and the current charge. Again I see no difference compared to 2.42 version where it already showed together the speed (customizable) and the battery charge status.

Perhaps anyone have different observation?

Edited by Magovec

Hmm, I originally have tried it but also did not worked but now I watched again and tried again and it works (to some extend) but the magic behind it is not SoftTuner (it works the same way in the official app also) but just changing the colors does not have any impact but you have to change the "lighting effect - adler" option also. It needs to be switched after setting up the colours then it starts to take the settings into consideration.

Edited by Magovec
  • Like 1

Just received delivery of an S16 Pro this afternoon, initial impressions are pretty good! Waiting to take it out for a test ride after work. I did notice that there are some spacers missing on some of the suspension linkage bolts from factory (similar to Wrong Way's most recent video where he brings this issue up), has anybody figured out what size the bolts are? Figured I'd head to the hardware store and pick some up to put in there to tighten things up and make sure there's no unnecessary play in the suspension arms.

I also saw the wrong way's video and even though it was straight and leaves not reason why not to agree with it I must admit that my S16Pro, which I have since April 1st 2024, has some things different. It is obviously a different batch and for example the missing sealing of the motor cable to the board in wrong way's case I have a pretty good and nice rubber washer there, tightened by screws. And several other differences - improvements.

So Kingsong was/is aware of some first-batch-issues and at least some of them are being corrected.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, padluka said:

Does anybody know, will S22 stronger suspensions bolts fit S16?

You could always take measurements and order 12.9 grade shoulder bolts with the right dimensions.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 10:49 AM, Forwardnbak said:

I just had this comment above on my s16pro video, not sure much about it yet I have reached out to the commenter to find out more info. 

Anyone know about this? 

Any news on that? This is serious.