Kingsong S16 coming...

Mango

Too Heavy... Pass from me.  :D 33kg :roflmao: They missed such a good chance to make something actually "lightweight".

I want my next wheel under 25kg. Be slower/weaker/less range - i don't care. Just "new" and better made, compared to past models.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Drunkard said:

You have to be realistic. V10f is 20 kg. It is nothing but motor, battery and some plastic. Realistically you can't have much better than V10f for this weight and 1000wh. 

Everything is an additional weight. Stronger axel or HB motor, suspension, screen, rim that is not made out of tinfoil.. I can't see a 16" wheel coming out that is good and not over 20kg. Sadly old wheels like v8, v10 are light because of all the drawbacks they have. Fixing them makes them heavy. 

And don't get me wrong. I would love for light new wheels to come out. But with suspension they will allways be at least 25kg.

Gotway had at least 3 models in 18" size. And their weight where from 23-27kg. And same size ~1500Wh battery, doh without suspension. Also i'm against suspension.. So they could make some wheels without it. Almost every wheel now has suspension. :efeee20b79:

16X+ suspension = 28kg wheel. Not 33KG! And it's heavier than S19, which has bigger battery and wheel size.. Are they stupid? (Maybe the weight info is wrong..) Also yeah, you are right 16" wheel with ~1000Wh could be right on mark 25kg with suspension. And same time it can be around 20-22kg without it. 

I personally would take non suspension wheel every day of the week over suspension one. Save some weight and trouble down the road when suspension breaks..

I think it's an excellent wheel. Well marketed. I think it can appeal a lot of people. 

The s18, 16x, 18xl will go cheaper. 

The s16 will compete the v11 and T4

Indeed it's heavy, unfortunately.

But nice! 

I find it funny to see the reactions of the Euc community saying "too low voltage, not strong enough etc" while praising the awful , no trolley, 1000w A2😂

Edited by LeGiroquoi
  • Haha 1

It could have been ~800-1000Wh, 2000W, 40km/h, 80km range, 20-22kg wheel. :crying:

KS16S - On steroids.

Only good thing about S16 is the price.. I can admit that. (But i don't care about price..)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Funky said:

It could have been ~800-1000Wh, 2000W, 40km/h, 80km range, 20-22kg wheel. :crying:

KS16S - On steroids.

Only good thing about S16 is the price.. I can admit that.

There's a A2 witht the Houningning suspension for that kind of specs👌

Yup, I too like the angle this took within the segment.  If it rides well in the mid-upper 20mph, it suffices for that super chill, light gear cruise. 
If there are sources that can undercut the msrp to get it close to a full-priced A2, It would be more than worth it for me.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

So far, I think it's a nice wheel for competing against wheels such as the V11, V11Y.

The S22 is a stable nice riding wheel. And Kingsong scaled it down to compete in the V11(Y) class. 

Back when I was looking for my second wheel, if the S16 turns out to ride well, and not plagued with issues, I would have bought it then.

As for the slider, either they find a way to make those rollers more durable, and add a dust cover, or just redesign in order to put in a hydraulic suspension. 

But to compete against the V11, it may be fine as is.

It does includes all the current trending features, even a Smart BMS, 16x3.0 tire, and a 5A charger.

Impossible to add dust cover for sliders with 8(7) rollers.. for 4-6 doable

This wheel will sell well.  Good looking design, nice features; LED lights, big screen and speakers, good range for the "normal" commuter, suspension, and acceptable price.  The average consumer knows nothing about upcoming suspension problems and need for maintenance, they don't ride in mud or rain, and they are not those who seek information and visits forums like this. I think KS has a winner.  Sales of the 19S will loose ground to the 16S. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Robse said:

an acceptable price

I think the pricing will be crucial to the wheel's success. It's a decent wheel with decent specs and if priced right could be a great wheel overall for the segment, we shall see.

Also it's kind of weird how the marketing for the S16 and the Mten4 (and maybe others) involves a woman dressed up as a school girl 🤐

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Find the error!

Action cam, but no action. :rolleyes:

The wheel is even more boring than the clip. 

I think the wheel is intended for beginners and for no one else. 

Even for my wife, who does not ride faster than 30 km/h, this wheel is out of the question, although the S18 is actually too big and heavy for her.

The S16 would be a downgrade. 

Screenshot_20230815_192349_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

This US$ 1?99 price tag is intriguing though. They might just have put all this information (but the weight?) online to see the community’s reaction. If that ? is a 4 it’s a no brainer. If it’s a 8 or 9 it still deserves consideration...

6 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Find the error!

Action cam, but no action. :rolleyes:

The wheel is even more boring than the clip. 

I think the wheel is intended for beginners and for no one else. 

Even for my wife, who does not ride faster than 30 km/h, this wheel is out of the question, although the S18 is actually too big and heavy for her.

The S16 would be a downgrade. 

Screenshot_20230815_192349_Samsung Internet.jpg

One noob dressed as school girl, one advanced rider.  The noob only protected with a bike helmet, the advanced has a full face.  But your'e right; No action at all. However:  This wheel will sell, it got the looks.

@Wolverine I still can't believe that weight! I am not as fanatic about weight as @Funky (I can imagine getting a 35+ kg EUC eventually, when I'm rich and living on a ground floor), but 33kg on a 16", 1500Wh, 50kmh wheel would be a dealbreaker for me: if I can pay more to get more performance and less weight, I will.

Edited by yoos
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, yoos said:

@Wolverine I still can't believe that weight! I am not as fanatic about weight as @Funky (I can imagine getting a 35+ kg EUC eventually, when I'm rich and living on a ground floor), but 33kg on a 16", 1500Wh, 50kmh wheel would be a dealbreaker for me: if I can pay more to get more performance and less weight, I will.

Same here - i don't even look at the price.. If i wanted - i could get V13. I just hate the weight.

Weight is most important thing to me. :D Even my 18xl feels to heavy sometimes.. As i need to regularly carry it around. And no, i don't want to use two hands to carry dam euc around.. That's just stupid.

More and more it seems like i bought "best" euc i could have had. Power to Speed to Weight. Now i want to get something lighter, in 20kgs or under. NO WAY i'm gonna get something heavier than my 18xl.  Heck i'm even ready to pay 3000$ for something that is slower/weaker than my 18xl. All i want is 30km range and 40km/h speed and hollow bore motor. It's doable pretty easily. Most wheels under 20kg can already go 35km/h speeds...

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

33 kg....  , to much for alotta girls, and to much for many people to carry upstairs second floor, or even manage to get into trunk of car without breaking or scratching something. Hmnn... but sell it will regardless of this.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Robse said:

33 kg....  , to much for alotta girls, and to much for many people to carry upstairs second floor, or even manage to get into trunk of car without breaking or scratching something. Hmnn... but sell it will regardless of this.

Who are these fictional buyers you speak of?

Once a completely clueless newbie who has never used the internet before picks it up and feels how heavy it is, compares specs and pricing to other wheels, they are going to get something else, like a V11.

Just now, Mango said:

Who are these fictional buyers you speak of?

Once a completely clueless newbie who has never used the internet before picks it up and feels how heavy it is, compares specs and pricing to other wheels, they are going to get something else, like a V11.

most people on Europe does not have access to a EUC store with a showroom, because there are no physical stores. So they dont walk in and pick one up by hand, they order, and once arrived and unpacked, it's pretty hard work to send it back...

• Upvote 1

So, I have a few questions I know someone here can answer;

1. Why do we need suspension? Did I miss something 2 or 3 years ago that made everyone want to put suspension on wheels?
2. Why are they going toward wider tires? This makes a little sense to me, but 3" seems a bit much IMHO. Can we just stick with 2.75"?
3. Has anyone done a breakdown of wheel weight comparisons for components of each wheel? That would be interesting. At more than 73#, seems like getting into the heavy weight division.
4. Why have they abandoned the clam shell design? It seems such an elegant, sleek style. I think if I go to a wider frame wheel I will feel like my legs are spread open.

I do like that they stuffed a 31mph wheel into a 16".
I do like the LEDs and displays (save that it adds more weight).
I do like the focus on the sound system (2 subs and 2 tweeters!!). My V10F is noticeably louder than my 18L, which surprised me.

I like lots of stuff about this wheel, but more than 73#...yikes.

35 minutes ago, Robse said:

most people on Europe does not have access to a EUC store with a showroom, because there are no physical stores. So they dont walk in and pick one up by hand, they order, and once arrived and unpacked, it's pretty hard work to send it back...

Here in Hawaii it's SOL. Unless you have a community of riders you buy it blind and sucks if you don't like it. That's what happened with my V12HT, basically put it up for sale at half price after 3 days since it's impossible to send it back. Luckily a local surron girl picked it up to try, and she literally two-handed it and threw it in her backseat (64lb EUC, she wasn't more than 110lbs herself).

Edited by slippyfeet

12 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

How on earth is it a the same weight as S19? 2kg lighter as the original S22? How? 

If it's a lot of rim weight, it will be concerning, especially for 84V.