Kingsong S16 coming...

Mango

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It kind of was though. At least in hard mode. I wish I had asked to try it on medium as well, but I just didn’t want to take any more of others’ time.

Me too! The V11 is in itself already one of the peppiest (3” wide) 18/20” wheel, and in addition I have the ride mode adjustments set up to require very little effort in acceleration and braking. The difference to a 67% heavier ShermS in hard mode really was very large.

Wow, since you have already been able to configure your V11 to be so peppy or responsive, I think you are going to have a hard time finding a new wheel that you would prefer to ride over your V11.

Just curious, why would you want to buy a new wheel? Is it range or top speed, or something else? I thought the V11 rode really nicely already.

On 8/15/2023 at 10:10 PM, techyiam said:

Just curious as to how happy you are with with your S22. S22 is a capable wheel, and I like the way it rides on pavement. Eevees is currently selling it for $3000 CAD. So it is tempting.

Have you encounter any issues? Have the shock ever failed? How about the motor, bearings, controller, and BMS? With the Smart BMS, have you noticed any unbalanced cell groups that worried you?

Perhaps I'm a lucky one... mine is a batch1 eevees wheel, and is still waiting for a pinned motor (come ON eevees). I have had absolutely zero issues with mine, none at all. Motor is fine (knock on wood). Shock is fine. Bearings, controller, batteries and BMS all fine... through multiple updates and 1500ish miles (mostly street, but a few hundred trail—the motor is unpinned and I want to be in uber service territory!). I did put the OG ningning8 sliders in it, carefully candled all the wheels and only used bubble free ones—works fantastic and I've 'maintained' it by rinsing out the channels with water. One time.

I hear others with nightmare examples, mine is the opposite.

I might have considered an S16 but it's way too heavy—I'll stick with my S22 amateur.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Wow, since you have already been able to configure your V11 to be so peppy or responsive, I think you are going to have a hard time finding a new wheel that you would prefer to ride over your V11.

I definitely will. And there will be a large adjustment period. Although, if (when) the new wheel were an Inmotion, I’d have the same magnificent options for dialing it in. And if the rim size were 12”, that would help even more.

12 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Just curious, why would you want to buy a new wheel?

Better suspension action especially for sharp bumps, a rebound adjustment, and a bit more range. More power for slow steep inclines would be really nice as well, although it should be a given these days.

6 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I have had absolutely zero issues with mine (S22), none at all.

It’s because you don’t weigh anything. All S22s would be fine if they were practically only trolleyed around… :P

Just now, mrelwood said:

It’s because you don’t weigh anything. All S22s would be fine if they were practically only trolleyed around… :P

Fair point. NEENER NEENER!

(wheel riding—one of very few activities where slight of stature is a huge advantage)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Better suspension action especially for sharp bumps, a rebound adjustment, and a bit more range. More power for slow steep inclines would be really nice as well, although it should be a given these days.

But you will pay in more weight, big time.

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But you will pay in more weight, big time.

One can dream… It is definitely possible that all my dreams of getting the Adventure are demolished with a single strike once we learn it’s weight.

15 hours ago, Funky said:

Riding - weight means jack shit. If i didn't need to carry to 3rd floor 2-6 times a day. In train. In workplace. I would have gotten Sherman Max. :D And i'm a big/heavy guy, so bigger wheel would be even perfect for me. But now after ~3 years of commuting - i want something in ~20kg weight. Anything over 25kg i don't want it at all. 

I also like the small wheels, which can be lifted with one hand. So look forward to the 14-inch suspension wheels together. B)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Based on my experience, it absolutely does. Take the ShermS. You start leaning forward, and you can read the newspaper while you wait for it to accelerate. V11 with the same tire is hugely more sensitive to rider input, front to back as well as left to right.

I mostly ride straight legged and without any lean at all to job and back. (I simply step on pedal with my toes over pedal front, so ankles are at same position as "L" brackets. Wheel wants go forwards whiteout any input/lean.) Same path taken many times, so you already know all the "bumps"..

But i get what you mean.. My 18xl vs 16s. 18xl you need to input (lean) way more, but on 16s any small input it reacts like crazy. Anyways if you are ridding at same speed without stops.. It doesn't matter that much. I could care less if i'm ridding V13 or A2 for example. Both does the same - gets me from A to B.

And because i'm not gearing up and riding quit slow, i want very light wheel for me next purchase. :D Even my dad who has ks16s is ridding way faster than me while not geared. :D I just know if something happens - you need to be be available to run out of a fall. Or at least go fast enough to be available to roll out of a fall.. (Even if you don't have a spit second to react. I would say you still have time to react while falling. Fall on hands after trying to run out. Roll sideways. Land on butt. < Have done first two. And yes i have said to my dad about the "dangers". He also knows.. Also have fallen some times.)

2 hours ago, EUC BB said:

I also like the small wheels, which can be lifted with one hand. So look forward to the 14-inch suspension wheels together. B)

I want 16x3 lightweight. Nothing smaller. :D 14" are way to small for my kind of roads and for my heavy ass. :D  Also don't care much for suspension. I would prefer if it didn't have it. (Doh i know all the benefits suspension gives for one wheeled device..)

Edited by Funky

19 hours ago, EUC BB said:

Sorry, I just used google translate and it replied directly with the translated summary, which is not what I wanted and wasted everyone's time. :unsure:

No worries.

Btw, check the plus (+) sign at the bottom of each post. By clicking them you can quote multiple posts in a single reply. Very handy!

17 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

Welp ... if this thing really is over 70 pounds then I guess the S18 is still king of lightweight suspension wheels. I was hoping KingSong would just improve on that wheel and call it good.

For whatever reasons, manufacturers are building suspension wheels that are heavier than 70 lbs, regardless of lower voltages and less battery capacities. The only hope left rests on the Inmotion V11Y.

Personally, I am fine with 70+ lbs wheels. But for those who looking for sub-50 lbs or even sub-60 lbs, you may have to wait for a while.

• Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 9:36 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Don't worry, now you know, all is good:)

On 8/26/2023 at 12:19 PM, mrelwood said:

No worries.

Btw, check the plus (+) sign at the bottom of each post. By clicking them you can quote multiple posts in a single reply. Very handy!

Thank you guys, I got it.:D

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2023 at 6:09 PM, Funky said:

I want 16x3 lightweight. Nothing smaller. :D 14" are way to small for my kind of roads and for my heavy ass. :D  Also don't care much for suspension. I would prefer if it didn't have it. (Doh i know all the benefits suspension gives for one wheeled device..)

Plastic EUCs will probably become less and less common, and all future EUCs are expected to be heavier than their series counterparts.The S18 is great for portable suspension wheels and I love the look of it. An S16 SE optimized for the S18 and priced at $999 would be awesome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

If you remove all the plastic case, etc.. From old fashion EUC and simply put one strong frame in middle, the weight should not be that much more.

Most of the wheels released this year ditched plastic in favor of metal and we see where that got us! Plastic is generally lighter than most common (cheap) metals and the speakers+LEDs don't add much... metal suspension, structural metal battery boxes (and more batteries), and a bigger motor are making it heavy.

I think if we want to see another 25 kg wheel, it'll almost have to be be mostly plastic and shrink wrap. Especially if it is going to go off roading.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Most of the wheels released this year ditched plastic in favor of metal and we see where that got us! Plastic is generally lighter than most common (cheap) metals and the speakers+LEDs don't add much... metal suspension, structural metal battery boxes (and more batteries), and a bigger motor are making it heavy.

I think if we want to see another 25 kg wheel, it'll almost have to be be mostly plastic and shrink wrap. Especially if it is going to go off roading.

Most of those wheels can't really be called normal "EUC". They are more like motorcycles, which are not meant to be ridden on sidewalks. I want something similar to bicycle, i don't want/need motorcycle.. Meaning my "perfect" EUC should not weight over 30kg anyways. Closer to 20kg if we look at past released lightweight wheels. (Sadly only thing we have gotten in last 3 years was Mten4 & A2)

Something similar to A2, but with 12" rim would be perfect. 40km/h is plenty fast for sidewalks.

I personally am riding around 20km/h anyways while commuting to work. Because i'm not gearing up for 2-3km trip. Who needs off-roading anyways.. Lightweight small euc's aren't made for that - period!

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Funky said:

Most of those wheels can't really be called normal "EUC". They are more like motorcycles, which are not meant to be ridden on sidewalks. I want something similar to bicycle, i don't want/need motorcycle.. Meaning my "perfect" EUC should not weight over 30kg anyways. Closer to 20kg if we look at past released lightweight wheels. (Sadly only thing we have gotten in last 3 years was Mten4 & A2)

Something similar to A2, but with 12" rim would be perfect. 40km/h is plenty fast for sidewalks.

I personally am riding around 20km/h anyways while commuting to work. Because i'm not gearing up for 2-3km trip. Who needs off-roading anyways.. Lightweight small euc's aren't made for that - period!

I agree with you. The technology has evolved though so it is human nature to want to go faster and push the limits of what we create can do. But that doesn't mean that they should neglect the people who need these machines for commuting and are not racers or influencers. My V12 is perfect as my job is only 3 miles or 4.8 km each way so I only have to charge once a week and I only hit 40 mph or 64 km h in one spot but that because I gotta keep up with traffic. If I lived in a bigger city with bike lanes I wouldn't have spent as much as I have on my current EUC. But I have come to love riding and find myself making excuses to go make trips!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I agree with you. The technology has evolved though so it is human nature to want to go faster and push the limits of what we create can do. But that doesn't mean that they should neglect the people who need these machines for commuting and are not racers or influencers. My V12 is perfect as my job is only 3 miles or 4.8 km each way so I only have to charge once a week and I only hit 40 mph or 64 km h in one spot but that because I gotta keep up with traffic. If I lived in a bigger city with bike lanes I wouldn't have spent as much as I have on my current EUC. But I have come to love riding and find myself making excuses to go make trips!

And here i'm charging my 18xl once in 2 weeks. :D (When battery drops down around 50%.)

Yes i can ride 2 weeks and my battery drops only down to 50%. :D  My next wheel should not have more than 1000Wh. Ideally around 600-800Wh. 1500Wh battery is wasted on me. (Sure i get more power out of the 1500Wh battery.. But i don't even need the speed.) Smaller battery - lighter wheel. <3 Also cheap as hell.

Heck i would be ready to pay 3000$ for something actually light and good. 3000$ for a 800Wh wheel - people may think i'm crazy. But i will be keeping that wheel for next 5-10 years.. So the initial cost doesn't matter to me.

I can make that 1500$ in one month.. Or if i need more $$$. I can simply take over hours. And earn 3000$.. 1 month of work for next 5 years are okay ordeal for new euc. Most of my money is going in safe anyways, as i'm not "big" spender.. I'm simply waiting for that "perfect" wheel...

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1