Kingsong S16 coming...

Mango

(if) it's under 2000$ => battery can't be that large => it can't be that heavy => my hopes are up!

There have been no fresh releases (except minor beef-ups like the V8S) in the sub-1500Wh, sub-25kg sector in years. It should be a success. If they make it 55kmh sub 25kg, then it should be an absolute hit, even if it's only ~1000Wh.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

A short teaser only. Suspension, Smart BMS, speaker, DIY pads, RGB, $1?99.

Sounds like @Funky might finally get a new wheel!

Meh.. I'm over EUC. As manufacturers keep releasing heavy turds. My interest in EUC goes down each passing release.

If regular 16X is 1999$. This one will be 2300$ minimum. Add all rest - it will be heavier than regular 16X also. I'm calling it right now it will weight ~28kg. More or less what V12 is, just made by KS.

Just checked the video, dam they say it's under 2000$. That's kinda amazing. Add suspension/lights/screen, etc.. It for sure will have less than 1554Wh battery. Which i like. <3  Maybe 1000Wh battery? Smaller version of S18. I do hope it's under 25kg.

OH EUC GOD's. Please let it have hollow bore MOTOR!!!!!! :clap3:

Doh suspension and their "shitty" wheel sliders.. Meh.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, yoos said:

(if) it's under 2000$ => battery can't be that large => it can't be that heavy => my hopes are up!

There have been no fresh releases (except minor beef-ups like the V8S) in the sub-1500Wh, sub-25kg sector in years. It should be a success. If they make it 55kmh sub 25kg, then it should be an absolute hit, even if it's only ~1000Wh.

If S19 is 60km/h wheel, this one for sure will not be same speed with smaller diameter wheel. 50km/h at best. (Also smaller battery pack than 1554Wh. With ~1000Wh pack.) Doh i would love also if it can go 55km/h.

There's no chance it has 1554Wh battery pack for under 1999$.. That would make 16x/18xl absolute - as they are priced at 2000$ and has no suspension. I'm calling it right now ~1000Wh battery. Or maybe they will make all other models cheaper? :D (d14/16s/16x/18l/18xl..)

Edited by Funky

At this point, it would make sense for KS to stop ordering more parts for all their wheels that pre-date the pandemic. Save some for spares and move on. But then again, they haven't asked for my opinion so…

• Like 1

Yup, I think 100V would make perfect sense. But either way its size and weight that will matter more than performance or range to differentiate this from the rest. I'm looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

It is looking more and more like the S16 is based on the S20/S22/S19, and not the S18.

The S16 doesn't look that small. It seemed to be using a similar rear linkage, and headlight. Size is about the same too, and the tire doesn't looked that skinny.

367752615_785045880289830_34242481770664

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Circuitmage said:

It looks heavy. Prob >50#. :(

+1

The S19 looks to weigh heavier than the S18, and V11.

Unless, Kingsong decided to go with less than 4P battery configuration.

Edited by techyiam

Even with 1000Wh pack it looks heavy.. I bet it's 25kg, if nothing else. Because of the dumb suspension, music boxes, lights, and all of the rest useless crap they have put around the wheel.

Could have been a 20kg wheel..

And if it's 25kg++. Ahahah - Duck you KS. :) 

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Because of the dumb suspension, music boxes, lights, and all of the rest useless crap they have put around the wheel.

It would be nice if they offered a performance option/model with more aggressive firmware and none of the extra additions. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

It would be nice if they offered a performance option/model with more aggressive firmware and none of the extra additions. 

It would probably need a different motor, controller and battery configuration to be considered suitable for racing. So a completely different model. You just don’t get a racing wheel for less than $2k, no matter the firmware.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kutvelo said:

On the render I can see slider suspension instead of cylinder suspension :(

Could you clarify? All suspensions have sliders. Do you mean an air shock?

• Like 1

On the render I can see slider suspension instead of cylinder suspension :(

KS sticks to a solution with known problems.  Better than seeking into unknows terrain.

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

Could you clarify? All suspensions have sliders. Do you mean an air shock?

Slider is using slider such as S22, clean the dirt and change the rolls.
Cylinder is such as V13, Begode's etc.
I was hoping for KS to ditch the sliders and swap them with Cylinders, but keep the linkage. Just like in the Begode Extreme.

Slider is using slider such as S22, clean the dirt and change the rolls.
Cylinder is such as V13, Begode's etc.
I was hoping for KS to ditch the sliders and swap them with Cylinders, but keep the linkage. Just like in the Begode Extreme.

Oh right, you mean the tubular sliders. Where did you see the S22 style sliders? I didn't catch them.
The S22 Pro slider system would be great if it would be sealed from dust, dirt and other contaminants. It might even have a lower friction than a tube design. But of course, either system can be designed badly.

• Like 1