Kingsong S16 coming...

Mango

I was looking for this especially, to me the KS system is a disastrous design for dirtbike. Is fine for city riding though.

E. I wonder if this could fit in a Master motherboard and some funky battery setup :D

ks16.jpg.de1ffe3c6d16292b7e3edcb02aec3b58.jpg

Edited by Kutvelo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kutvelo said:

I was looking for this especially, to me the KS system is a disastrous design for dirtbike. Is fine for city riding though.

ks16.jpg.de1ffe3c6d16292b7e3edcb02aec3b58.jpg

Oh right, you have sharp eyes! It does have the slot for the S22 style slider system.

First impression from the original video. The renders look so ugly it hurts. But the second video of actual riding i's quite alright. 

If the weight will be under 30 and it's possible to carry the wheel one hand by the front handle I think I will pick it up for my lady. 

Battery size and motor power seems very reasonable. Patiently waiting for more details.

So far, I think it's a nice wheel for competing against wheels such as the V11, V11Y.

The S22 is a stable nice riding wheel. And Kingsong scaled it down to compete in the V11(Y) class. 

Back when I was looking for my second wheel, if the S16 turns out to ride well, and not plagued with issues, I would have bought it then.

As for the slider, either they find a way to make those rollers more durable, and add a dust cover, or just redesign in order to put in a hydraulic suspension. 

But to compete against the V11, it may be fine as is.

It does includes all the current trending features, even a Smart BMS, 16x3.0 tire, and a 5A charger.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

I can see market with this and would love to test it, a little strange release though. Would take this over S19 every day if I ever again want to go under 100V wheel :)

Edited by Kutvelo

I think Kingsong did good in coming out with the S16 to challenge the V11 and V12, in one of the higher sale volume market segment.

On the hand, it looks like the drop the Star War influenced S16 that was rumored back in around 2020.

Perhaps they can come out with a S22 Pro replacement to challenge the likes of the Patton, Extreme, Commander Mini, and Adventure. 

52 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

Smaller rim, not as beefy motor. I can see it making it under 30. 

If this is real, it is 33,3 kilos only 2,5 kilos less than KS22pro. It has similar extruded battery casing integrated structure as the KS22,  motor seems to be similar as s19. Extra speakers and plastics add weight, but the price is quite good for the specs. Kuva

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Robse said:

I think it´s ok.  More than 50 kmph and 16" wheels is not a good combination. Too wobbley.  If you want speed, better choose a bigger size wheel.

I started off with a 16x only wobbled while I was learning. Sometimes it happens while I brake but never anything crazy. Maybe it's because I'm a bigger guy? 6' 200 lbs or 1.8 meters 90 kilos

1500Wh is a nice surprise, could have been 1110Wh! This is a great V11 competitor, and a great wheel to recommend to new riders who cannot/will not spend 3000+ moneys for a wheel or want a smaller tire! Has all the neat features.

I also like the looks. I expected a S19-styled wheel, but this is nice also.

Price?

(And of course they had to rush the S16 info out before the Inmotion announcement, I don't think this is a coincidence.)

15 minutes ago, okvp said:

If this is real, it is 33,3 kilos only

That can't be right, the S19 is 32kg, is it not :huh:? The S16 must be lighter. sub-25 kg would be perfect, ~27-28kg is quite realistic. Anything above 30kg would be a facepalm :). It is very comparable to V11 spec-wise, so that should be the reference point.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Price?

$1?99 was announced. Probably $1899 or $1999 given the specs.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

(And of course they had to rush the S16 info out before the Inmotion announcement, I don't think this is a coincidence.)

Oh absolutely! Just like the S18. :lol:

Just now, Mango said:

This wheel is going to flop. There's nothing compelling for the enthusiast rider or the practical urban commuter.

Why wouldn’t this be a good wheel for a calmly riding commuter? Last year S18 and V11 were the most used wheels in EUCw charts. This easily beats them in output power and features. And even price actually.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Why wouldn’t this be a good wheel for a calmly riding commuter? Last year S18 and V11 were the most used wheels in EUCw charts. This easily beats them in output power and features. And even price actually.

I think Kingsong should have gone in the direction of modifying the S18 with a 16" wheel, bringing up the voltage to 100v and making improvements to the headlight. Would have been the perfect light trail wheel and urban commuter.

This version with the S22 trolley and slider system is a deal-breaker. No casual rider wants the maintenance headache.

• Upvote 1