Kingsong S16 coming...

Mango

12 hours ago, Funky said:

Who needs off-roading anyways.. Lightweight small euc's aren't made for that - period!

Not made for that, I agree. Although, the immense amount of fun I had doing exactly that during the year I actively used the 16S wants to say otherwise! It’s surprising what you can accomplish when you want it enough.

Although It must be said that for me “off-roading” means mostly very slow speed technical cliffs and obstacles, not high speed blasting on a single track. So, very un-choochy.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, EUC BB said:

I've heard that the designers are trying to get the weight of the S16 down to under 30kg.(not sure)

14260608929.jpg

There is a new plastic material that is molecularly as dense as metal. I'm sure that would bring the weight down significantly, don't know about the cost though but plastic no matter how strong should be anywhere near the production cost of heating up and shaping metal.

On 9/3/2023 at 4:15 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha, sorry I thought this was the S16 thread. I need to learn to read. The price of the S19 is nothing new.

Moved to the correct thread.

$2799 CAD.

Kingsong S16 at www.smartwheel.ca

In the Kingsong S16 official launch video, it mentioned something like $1?99 USD.

But when asked in the comment section, I believed $1999 USD was mentioned.

Edited by techyiam
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

$2799 CAD.

Comes out to $2060 US or 1900€.

Now I still have no idea how much this thing will cost:D Hoping for 1899, so the "?" isn't the highest number it could possibly be.

Anyways, a 18001500Wh wheel with all the bells and whistles and more than enough performance for anybody but enthusiasts is great!

Edited by meepmeepmayer
dumb dumb

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Anyways, a 1800Wh wheel with all the bells and whistles and more than enough performance for anybody but enthusiasts is great!

Even though the S16 is a 84V, 1480 Wh wheel, it looks like Kingsong has put in a newly designed controller. It would be interesting to see how it actually rides.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Even though the S16 is a 84V, 1480 Wh wheel

I think my brain must have fried a few days ago. Yes, it's 1500Wh of course.

I am hoping for 1899 (or less?). The "?" being the highest number possible might lead to a bit of backlash, and I don't think they would have been so coy about the price if it was just 1999.

Copying and pasting this from Dennis Hagov:

"750LBS spring to soft for me. over all wheel not bad. good price and and weight ratio. Final production wheel will be 29kg not 33kg as was announced. so seams it is like upgrade from 16x to s16. Not everybody need super powerful offroad king this is just wheel for price till 2000e. so it is not downgrade. s14 all so developing as i know."

Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/6551675048263736/?mibextid=S66gvF

Also "F-series" high end planned.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Does that refer to the S16 (another golden wheel from KS?) or King Song in general?

From reading Denis Hagov's comments:

(1) S14 is forth coming.

Basically, Kingsong is in the process of transforming their line up to suspension.

(2) An all new F-series. This will be Kingsong's high-end line of wheels.

The S-series comprises of:

S18, S22, S22 Pro, S19, S16, S14.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

But ok, I'm always happy when the manufacturers expand their lineup!

Me too.

It looks like Kingsong has put in a new 84 V controller in the S16.

I am waiting to see whether Kingsong has managed to re-invent itself, and can now produce competitive electric wheels. 

I hope Kingsong succeeds, and has turned the corner. Otherwise, a new lineup would be meaningless if they can't produce wheels that are interesting and competitive.

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

I am waiting to see whether Kingsong has managed to re-invent itself, and can now produce competitive electric wheels. 

I hope Kingsong succeeds, and has turned the corner. Otherwise, a new lineup would be meaningless if they can't produce wheels that are interesting and competitive.

The Amazon.com crowd is currently dominated by InMotion and they're largely unchallenged in that space. We here are the enthusiast, early adopter types, so what is interesting and competitive to us probably isn't what sustains their business. If Kingsong can start competing with InMotion on Amazon with the S16 and S14, then that would be a huge success.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, eezo said:

The Amazon.com crowd is currently dominated by InMotion and they're largely unchallenged in that space. We here are the enthusiast, early adopter types, so what is interesting and competitive to us probably isn't what sustains their business. If Kingsong can start competing with InMotion on Amazon with the S16 and S14, then that would be a huge success.

I agree. Some people are intimidated by the prospect of getting a wheel that is DOA and Amazon return policy gives them reassurance as much crap as people give Amazon on this forum I haven't had any issues.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I agree. Some people are intimidated by the prospect of getting a wheel that is DOA and Amazon return policy gives them reassurance as much crap as people give Amazon on this forum I haven't had any issues.

A lot of people on this forum don't have the self-awareness to realize that not only are electric unicycles an extremely niche hobby, people who frequent forums about electric unicycles are the most niche of an already niche group of people.

Edited by eezo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GottaWay said:

Ditch the speakers, up it to 100v 1750wh, and up the speed to 70kmh.

So basically make it to a different class product than it’s intended for? And for a different target group? Right.

Maybe try to see that other people may have different needs than you? I personally wouldn’t change my nickname to “IndaMotion” and post on Begode threads what they should change to match my dream wheel…

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2