Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

On 3/15/2023 at 11:26 PM, BKW said:

What? No one buying the Commander Pro? Lol.

This is likely the case when you see on youtube nothing but Sherman-S and EX30 consumer videos out, but no consumer videos on the EBCP.

Has there been any wheel Extreme Bull releases that did well? The only ones I can think that they released were the X-men, Commander, and Commander Pro, but these all seem like failures...

Having seen the Commander Pro and the EX30 in person I would still gravitate towards the EX30 if I was in the market for a 134V wheel based on the build. Granted the CP I saw was the early version and not the most recent one that Marty has. I will mention that I've heard from local riders here that have tried both wheels say that the Commander Pro is noticeably more nimble feeling than the EX30 but the EX30 feels more stable at high speed.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 1:26 AM, BKW said:

Has there been any wheel Extreme Bull releases that did well? The only ones I can think that they released were the X-men, Commander, and Commander Pro, but these all seem like failures...

That's the problem right there... need the cosplay models photoshoot (X-Men) marketing to drum up geek interests.

2 minutes ago, BKW said:

IS THIS LEGIT? For goodness sake Begode, the parody just does not stop with you! You want to now copy leaperkim AGAIN after it's Patton release!?:lol:

Commander Pro Mini:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/6005338689564044/

I think this may be fake. How the heck is this thing standing up by itself? Is this a 3D-printed toy they are playing tricks on us?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BKW said:

I think this may be fake. How the heck is this thing standing up by itself? Is this a 3D-printed toy they are playing tricks on us?

Like the bike photos they just wedged it with a branch or something similar on the pedal of the opose side:lol:

39 minutes ago, Paul A said:

337092708_933669147773787_21690207092175

337114490_1264690647459022_8305943650217

337163214_6022402211184261_1778642829471

V13 crash bars, attempted V13 colors…

How hard can it be to come up with original design features on these things??

The ergonomics look horrible on this one, which makes me think that this is real. Anyone else making a CGI on a wheel would do something about the boxy sharp shin killer shell edges!

Edited by mrelwood
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

V13 crash bars, attempted V13 colors…

How hard can it be to come up with original design features on these things??

The ergonomics look horrible on this one, which makes me think that this is real. Anyone else making a CGI on a wheel would do something about the boxy sharp shin killer shell edges!

I didn't want to start a new thread on this wheel because I wasn't convinced it was real (yet).

But yeah, Begode is a funny company. How ironic this wheel pops up right after the Patton is released? I'm not hating they're pumping out wheels, but just stating the irony...

I'm not even sure of this wheel's specs yet.

We are really witnessing something crazy. These wheels are being pumped out at an alarming rate. I'm literally starting to think the Sherman-S wheel is old when I look at videos

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Greg X said:

"mini" looks really nice, maybe even better than commanderPro 20".
They should visually upgrade also bigger brother, similiar way.

By the looks of it, it doesn't appear to have suspension? Bah, we should see a new thread in the Begode section soon about this wheel I guess we can continue to speculate there..

15 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

$113 🤣

About all I have to say about that.

I have a feeling by other's reactions that they think I'm sometimes too critical of some of these prices and/or EUC decisions...

Well, this price is ridiculous. Insulting, even. Notice how they took like 20 pictures of the handle, as if taking more angled shots means the handle is somehow more quality than a piece of metal..

I wouldn't buy this handle strictly off the price alone, even though I think it'd be cool to have. Outrageous price gouge

Edited by BKW
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BKW said:

Well, this price is ridiculous. Insulting, even. Notice how they took like 20 pictures of the handle, as if taking more angled shots means the handle is somehow more quality than a piece of metal..

I wouldn't buy this handle strictly off the price alone, even though I think it'd be cool to have. Outrageous price gouge

TBH, once we account for 'The EUC Factor' in which everything is more expensive because there is so few of us, it seems comparable with other parts / upgrades.

It is a solid chunk of well-machined and finished metal by the looks of it, and those can be expensive IME. I think if I owned a wheel whose handle was floppy and too weak I would be cross that I had to buy a replacement at all, but would probably consider that a fairly reasonable price over the life of the wheel for the extra convenience. From what I have seen of the CP though, I don't think its stock handle does look that weak - the few people I have seen trolleying it around don't seem to be having problems !!

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

It’s a ridiculous price, regardless of the numbers. $30-$50, probably. X2? Not a chance. That is the kind of pricing one does to NOT sell something. Service industry does that, not product. Unless I’m doing hammer curls with the wheel, I don’t see the stock handle breaking that often if at all. That price point is simply not worth it.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cerbera said:

TBH, once we account for 'The EUC Factor' in which everything is more expensive because there is so few of us, it seems comparable with other parts / upgrades.

This argument that because "there are so few of us, there the price gouging is justified" I've heard before and doesn't really sit right with me, nor make much sense.

Imo, most these overpriced EUC aftermarket items are "side projects", and they don't require outlandish prices because they don't have a huge company depending on a handle, for instance, to stay afloat. Rather, more likely, it's a person or a couple people who are taking advantage of their hobbyist skills to make these items then sell them for outrageous prices. Even if it were a company with many people to support, selling something this expensive for what it is, is simply price gouging no other way to look at it.

I don't buy the whole argument that they need to increase the price of a price of metal triple-fold because we are in a nich market. The handle is a piece of metal, nothing too special here. Nothing wrong with increasing a price of something you created to sell, but we need to call a spade a spade here.

13 hours ago, BKW said:

For a fully cnc'd piece of aluminum (assuming 6061 alloy) that is pretty fairly priced. The handle is fully anodized as well. Its a rather large piece that would come from a big piece of bar stock. If you got a quote from a machine shop, the price would come out to similar as well. I got quoted purely for the material cost on a project of mine and the raw aluminum stock was $50 per unit before any machining was done. Same size as that handle

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I got quoted purely for the material cost on a project of mine and the raw aluminum stock was $50 per unit before any machining was done.

Was your billet forged? And for which aluminum alloy (ie. 6061 T6), and volume?

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

For a fully cnc'd piece of aluminum (assuming 6061 alloy) that is pretty fairly priced. The handle is fully anodized as well. Its a rather large piece that would come from a big piece of bar stock. If you got a quote from a machine shop, the price would come out to similar as well. I got quoted purely for the material cost on a project of mine and the raw aluminum stock was $50 per unit before any machining was done. Same size as that handle

Well, perhaps I'm completely ignorant of what it takes to make these, but as a normal "laymen" consumer, the price is stupid high for what I'm looking at

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BKW said:

Well, perhaps I'm completely ignorant of what it takes to make these, but as a normal "laymen" consumer, the price is stupid high for what I'm looking at

+1

There is a disconnect somewhere. 

We don't need a billet machined part here. It is just a trolley handle.

There is no impact loading and the stresses aren't that high.

It isn't a critical part like a pedal hanger.

At such prices, perhaps somebody can get them made in Europe, or the US?

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1