Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

At such prices, perhaps somebody can get them made in Europe, or the US?

I wish people would. I don't think it would be hard for someone to do if they had the equipment.

I have a feeling the Commander Pro is not going to sell very well, much like the OG Commander. If that is the case, then the parts may be harder to come by.

I almost bought the 3K 1st batch EBCP from aliexpress last night but then I realized how incomplete it was and it stopped me. But, when you look at a wheel like the Patton, for instance, at a 3K price, and then you see the 1st batch EBCP at 3K with much more battery, it almost makes sense to buy the EBCP at that price...

Edited by BKW

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Was your billet forged? And for which aluminum alloy (ie. 6061 T6), and volume?

alloy 6061-T651. Dont think it was forged. 3x4 ft, 1.5" thick. My project was a billet aluminum controller box for onewheel. About 9x6 inches per box which came out to about $50 per box in raw materials from my supplier. Similar sized to the trolley handle I would say

19 minutes ago, BKW said:

Well, perhaps I'm completely ignorant of what it takes to make these, but as a normal "laymen" consumer, the price is stupid high for what I'm looking at

I do agree with @techyiam. Nobody really asked for a cnc aluminum trolley handle, nor is it really necessary. Its an ok price for a part nobody wanted basically haha

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BKW said:

But, when you look at a wheel like the Patton, for instance, at a 3K price, and then you see the 1st batch EBCP at 3K with much more battery, it almost makes sense to buy the EBCP at that price...

I keep getting drawn back to begode and extremebull wheels for this reason. Everyone has their preferences, but you simply cannot beat the price to performance anywhere else imo. They come out a little rough, but spec wise compared to the rest of the market you get so much more. The majority of begode wheels I see are all so finely customized to the rider. Its almost like the wheel is sold to "make it yours". I do like that aspect of begode wheels that you dont really see anywhere else. A contender for me was the v13. If I bought the v13 I would just put my own pads on it and that would be about it....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I keep getting drawn back to begode and extremebull wheels for this reason. Everyone has their preferences, but you simply cannot beat the price to performance anywhere else imo. They come out a little rough, but spec wise compared to the rest of the market you get so much more. The majority of begode wheels I see are all so finely customized to the rider. Its almost like the wheel is sold to "make it yours". I do like that aspect of begode wheels that you dont really see anywhere else. A contender for me was the v13. If I bought the v13 I would just put my own pads on it and that would be about it....

Yeah, I keep getting pulled back to this wheel even though I know the quality concerns with the 1st batch. At 4K there is no way in hell I'd buy it 1st batch, but 3K is temping, especially when comparing to other wheels of similar specs. Also, the "issues" on the 1st batch commander pro you can kind of fix yourself (i.e., the film over the screen, the wire to tail light, wire management... you may even be able to do your own internal metal mudguard). I forgot the other incomplete issues of the 1st batch.

But yeah, most people customize them so much, the only concern you should have is whether the wheel is durable and dependable if you customize it yourself

Edited by BKW

13 minutes ago, BKW said:

Yeah, I keep getting pulled back to this wheel even though I know the quality concerns with the 1st batch. At 4K there is no way in hell I'd buy it 1st batch, but 3K is temping, especially when comparing to other wheels of similar specs. Also, the "issues" on the 1st batch commander pro you can kind of fix yourself (i.e., the film over the screen, the wire to tail light, wire management... you may even be able to do your own internal mudguard). I forgot the other incomplete issues of the 1st batch

Not quite $3K USD but close. This would be my pick as I have a bunch of Aliexpress coins. It would come to $3470USD shipped to Vancouver 🤔 😅

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mP6hFq2

Edited by Clem604

Just now, Clem604 said:

Not quite $3K USD but close. This would be my pick.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mP6hFq2

I know the EX30 is better quality overall, and I know it has more power, but I don't like the ergonomics, weight and bulkiness of it. It doesn't seem like something I want to do deliveries on. The EBCP or Sherman-S fit more what I'm looking for, but just not that excited about the Sherman-S. It's both a logical and emotional decision for me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BKW said:

I know the EX30 is better quality overall, and I know it has more power, but I don't like the ergonomics, weight and bulkiness of it. It doesn't seem like something I want to do deliveries on. The EBCP or Sherman-S fit more what I'm looking for, but just not that excited about the Sherman-S. It's both a logical and emotional decision for me

Yeah, I get you. It's maybe a good idea to keep riding what you have until they eventually (probably) announce the SherMax S. 126v and 3600wh sounds like a good time 🤘

Edited by Clem604

2 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Yeah, I get you. It maybe a good idea to keep riding what you have until they eventually (probably) announce the SherMax S. 126v and 3600wh sounds like a good time 🤘

Yessss, I know! This is why I'm in such limbo on my decision right now! But then you have people talking about how the 126v doesn't really matter until you hit those critical "overpower" moments, etc., so does it really matter for a 126V wheel sherman-s?

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BKW said:

Maybe sherman-s 126v is gonna come next year? Alot of people are itching patiently for it. But I do get what you mean. I tried the EX30 and the ergonomics arent ideal for reliable comfy riding. Its really built for high speed stability performance and it shows. I havent tried the EBCP, but Dawn keeps emphasizing that it is much easier and zippier feeling than the EX30 lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BKW said:

so does it really matter for a 126V wheel sherman-s?

I don't know TBH but if/when it comes out, I'd like to give it a try to compare it with my 100V Sherman S.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Maybe sherman-s 126v is gonna come next year? Alot of people are itching patiently for it. But I do get what you mean. I tried the EX30 and the ergonomics arent ideal for reliable comfy riding. Its really built for high speed stability performance and it shows. I havent tried the EBCP, but Dawn keeps emphasizing that it is much easier and zippier feeling than the EX30 lol

Has the sherman-s 126V been confirmed or is this just speculation? I also would hope they fix the pedals and perhaps do something else with that trolley handle... because buying more expensive pedals for the sherman-s is not encouraging

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BKW said:

Yessss, I know! This is why I'm in such limbo on my decision right now! But then you have people talking about how the 126v doesn't really matter until you hit those critical "overpower" moments, etc., so does it really matter for a 126V wheel sherman-s?

You are a sherman max owner and I still somehow feel like the sherman-s is more of a 1.5x upgrade rather than a direct 2x upgrade like most of the large suspension wheels that came out this year. Call it my bias or whatever, but probably for the same reasons as you, I dont feel too excited for the sherman-s. Especially with that hefty price considered

• Like 1

I just bought the 3K Commander pro from AliExpress. Should arrive by May 30th.

A couple things:

Marty's 1st review was of a pre-production model. The production models may be different (I.e., 2nd batch). I am not sure if the one I bought is production models, but it should be.

Secondly, for 3K I think that's a good deal for what I'm getting. Just think, the 16X, for example, is 1K cheaper. And the Patton is 3K, etc. The Commander pro with it's large battery size, suspension, hard aluminum casing, pedals (unlike Sherman-s were you won't have to buy aftermarket pedals), 134V is a good deal I feel like.

The modifications on batch 2 of the EBCP are minor, which I can probably do myself, and for 3K I'll have money left over for any batch upgrades on the wheel.

I'm relieved I made the decision. It's been hard to make this decision but this wheel will fit my needs well, and I can sell my KS16X, as it was my backup wheel. My SherMax can be my backup wheel.

I am not concerned about the weather, as I always check forecasts and can always bring a backpack cover to waterproof the top of the wheel.

🤘🤘

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BKW said:

Congrats.

For your use case, it does make sense. The price is good. And you have mentioned that you can work on your own wheel. 

But since you have a great backup wheel (Sherman Max), you should be able to weather through should there be a need to.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Congrats.

For your use case, it does make sense. The price is good. And you have mentioned that you can work on your own wheel. 

But since you have a great backup wheel (Sherman Max), you should be able to weather through should there be a need to.

Yeah, my ultimate goal was the have two long-range wheels for delivery (one as a main wheel and the other as a backup). I was able to get 6-7 hours out of the KS16X for deliveries (due to waits between orders, not riding too hard most the time, etc). Having both the EBCP and the Sherman Max will be all I ever need, and them some. Excited!

I'll have to give a review here when I get it and ride it around. For some reason, I don't see many people here buying the EBCP. I think the vast majority of people here will either get the Sherman-S or the EX30, but I guess time will tell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BKW said:

The search for a wheel is over. Now it's just a waiting game. Enjoy and congrats! Hoping to hear what you think as there hasn't been a EBCP demo where I am yet

• Like 1

So, I was a hypocrite and ended up buying the overpriced metal handle through aliexpress :rolleyes:. Both the Commander Pro and the handle are discounted 15% until the end of the 26th due to aliexpresses "anniversary sale". Also, you can further get items discounted by using the promo codes advertised at the top of their page.

• I did take advantage of the 15% discount as well as the promo code for the metal handle, and after taxes it cost me US $97.95.
  • I did take advantage of the 15% discount with the EBCP, but I FORGOT THE 40 DOLLAR PROMO CODE WHEN I PURCHASED IT. After taxes it cost me US $3,202.28, but could have been 3,162.28 if I remembered to use the promo code.

I mention this because I wanted to say I bought the metal handle, and also because there are some good deals you guys might be able to take advantage of until the 26th of this month if you're interested at aliexpress. Don't forget the promo codes as well at top to get further discounts.

Who knows what these prices will be like in a couple month's time though

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2023 at 12:03 AM, Cobaltsaber said:

you simply cannot beat the price to performance anywhere else imo.

Performance is just one part of the wheel though. It doesn’t suffice on its own.

The majority of begode wheels I see are all so finely customized to the rider.

I’ve seen the same. But you can’t disregard the additional costs of all the upgrades. It isn’t even rare to see a Master with $1000 worth of upgrades on it. That pretty much kills any price advantage it may have had.

If I bought the v13 I would just put my own pads on it and that would be about it....

Sounds good, doesn’t it?! ;)

But seriously, I do get the attraction of a wheel “blank” that you make into your own. I like working with wheels myself. I just don’t think it’s fair to compare the base prices if one is going to invest so much on the additions and fixes on a Begode, which wouldn’t be needed on a Sherman or V13. Besides, a lot of people don’t have time to replace the suspension linkage, shock, charge board, display driver, etc. Generally it seems that people would rather just use that time for riding.

Possibly due to this I’ve seen a lot more disappointed Master owners than owners of other brands.

Someone on Facebook mentioned that the newer EBCP are to come with the metal handle? Not sure how true this is, but I didn't know. For some reason I doubt I'll get the EUC with the metal handle. I did ask for a street tire and they basically said it automatically comes with knobby so I took that as street tire not included. I do want to buy the street tire

The same guy who said newer versions comes with metal handle tells me: "I can probably do 35 to 45 miles of hard riding (38-44mph) until I get to about 115v or down to 30 percent." Not sure how accurate that is since I have the same batteries in my SherMax and I get much more miles than that...granted, I dont do avg speeds as fast as he mentioned

Edited by BKW