Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

10 hours ago, pioneer said:

He mentioned that it is possible to adjust the preload, from what Dawn said in one of her videos, preload adjustment is the thing that CP lacks compared to Sherman S. Anyone knows the real situation with preload?

i have no idea. my eyes always glaze over whenever i hear people talk about suspension

• Haha 1

I transcribed the video and put it in subtitles so you can read what he is saying:

For English, go to settings, subtitles, auto-translate, then select english

7 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

The commander Pro is a beast: 

Is this in your video a batch 1?

Please review the s*** out of this. Even with the eevee's video tear down, this wheel i'm still very much interested in. I'm just hoping they fix certain things in upcoming batches. Thanks :)

On 3/1/2023 at 5:31 AM, BKW said:

I transcribed the video and put it in subtitles so you can read what he is saying:

For English, go to settings, subtitles, auto-translate, then select english

I think they said the controller design is the same as Master Pro 4800wh? 
No idea what that FET part number means, might be a marking unrelated to the model number.
But Begod has also been discovering new Huntek chips that don't have published specs yet, so it would take a controller teardown to be sure...

AMWts8BtGCHtytLHFRFZu6HTaEW9WNIY_4dUh7DE

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Someone beat you to your own video posting! LOL. Thank you for this btw Marty! Watching video now

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, BKW said:

Someone beat you to your own video posting! LOL. Thank you for this btw Marty! Watching video now

That's hilarious. I'll delete mine :)

47 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Marty received a second revision of the Commander Pro. 

Updates I gathered from Marty after watching video:

film over speedometer, silicon on backlight wire connection(?), metal harness for motor cable, metal internal mudguard, improved wire management near motherboard.

These are fairly minor improvements. I wouldn't expect them to change the speaker design, nor the trolley handle design because it seems too integrated into the body's design. The same with the water "integration system" -- likely no change to that either in future batches.

Personally, the back plastic mudguard flap doesn't bother me. I could find a way to attach it.

It's a weird choice to put the taillight into the handle of the wheel, but you could probably silicon this up, make the connection better and attempt to waterproof the backlight. It's just a bad design, but probably not that big of an issue. I do like how the handles are tucked in though.

Marty mentioned they plan on changing the charging ports to 134v in near future. I also saw different designs for the handle (metal), which I think is cool af.

At this point, it just comes down to price for me. Do I go with my excitement and get this wheel, or do I go with the better suspension but 100v Sherman-S? The ex30 is a good wheel but I don't like the bulkiness of it or the weight. I know if I go with the EBCP I'm getting a less quality wheel compared tot he others I mentioned, so I'll take a hit on that aspect.

1 hour ago, BKW said:

The ex30 is a good wheel but I don't like the bulkiness of it or the weight.

Its weight, and the management of it is rather its saving grace in terms of ride feel and epic ruggedness - I wouldn't count that out of the race so easily - it's a phenomenal wheel by all accounts, and a bit of a step up in quality from Begode, and, IMO at least, rather better quality than you'd be getting here. I don't dislike the CP, and they have certainly tidied up the inside a bit, but that EX-30 is a proper beast, and possibly the Pinnacle of the Master-derived designs, whereas the CP is almost a 'Batch 1' situation if you buy it now. The Sherman is nice and all, but 100v is already a bit 'last years voltage'...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Its weight, and the management of it is rather its saving grace in terms of ride feel and epic ruggedness - I wouldn't count that out of the race so easily - it's a phenomenal wheel by all accounts, and a bit of a step up in quality from Begode, and, IMO at least, rather better quality than you'd be getting here. I don't dislike the CP, and they have certainly tidied up the inside a bit, but that EX-30 is a proper beast, and possibly the Pinnacle of the Master-derived designs, whereas the CP is almost a 'Batch 1' situation if you buy it now. The Sherman is nice and all, but 100v is already a bit 'last years voltage'...

I cannot believe how difficult this decision has been for me because each wheel has it's own uniqueness about it that is better than the other. It's super difficult to choose. For my use case (food delivery), the ex30 isn't ideal when comparing to the sherman-s or the ebcp -- it seems like overkill due to it's bulkiness and power. I feel like the sherman-s and ebcp would be better fit for me. With the sherman-s you have to buy expensive pedals and it's 100V, but better suspension. The ebcp has everything you need BUT the quality is lower overall, but at least you don't have to buy extra parts AND it's 134V.

I'm going to have to take a solid day to think it out and just go for it when I feel enough batches are released and enough reviews are out from riders. After that, I'm done with EUC purchases for a long time. This is one of those things where you buy it and you end up feeling the same about either wheel over time if you had bought both I think.

Edited by BKW

10 minutes ago, BKW said:

After that, I'm done with EUC purchases for a long time.

Yeah I had similar dilemmas before I bought a batch 3 Master. In some ways I wish I had waited for the V13 or EX-30, but like you, I'm not buying another wheel for at least 4-5 years, so I've made my bed, and I'm lying in it ! A few minor issues aside I am not unhappy with my decision - the Master too is an absolute beast all the time it's working ! We are lucky to have such choices of wonderfully powerful wheel - what a time to be alive ! :)

Edited by Cerbera

Just now, Cerbera said:

Yeah I had similar dilemmas before I bought a batch 3 Master. In some ways I wish I had waited for the V13 or EX-30, but like you, I'm not buying another wheel for at least 4-5 years, so I've made my bed, and I'm lying in it ! A few minor issues aside I am not unhappy with my decision - the Master too is an absolute beast all the time it's working !

yeah, that's the thing... they are popping out wheels left and right. In a few years time all these wheels will look ancient to us via comparison

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKW said:

I cannot believe how difficult this decision has been for me because each wheel has it's own uniqueness about it that is better than the other. It's super difficult to choose. For my use case (food delivery), the ex30 isn't ideal when comparing to the sherman-s or the ebcp -- it seems like overkill due to it's bulkiness and power. I feel like the sherman-s and ebcp would be better fit for me. With the sherman-s you have to buy expensive pedals and it's 100V, but better suspension. The ebcp has everything you need BUT the quality is lower overall, but at least you don't have to buy extra parts AND it's 134V.

I'm going to have to take a solid day to think it out and just go for it when I feel enough batches are released and enough reviews are out from riders. After that, I'm done with EUC purchases for a long time. This is one of those things where you buy it and you end up feeling the same about either wheel over time if you had bought both I think.

For food delivery, EX30 is an option IMO, because of the range and no strong need in hard off-road and downstairs ride. Here's what someone on FB got in terms of range.

Screenshot_20230209_145918_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

Those ranges at those average speeds are all good IMO. Yay for 3,600 Wh batteries!

I've now got over 1,000 km on my Sherman S and it hasn't missed a beat, I would highly recommend it. But if you are a performance mad speed demon then you probably feel that you HAVE to have one of the 134.4V wheels and it makes a lot of sense to closely watch how issues get sorted with the EX-30 and the EBCP. Range shouldn't be an issue on any of these as long as they are charging properly and don't have a faulty battery pack.

54 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

Those ranges at those average speeds are all good IMO. Yay for 3,600 Wh batteries!

I've now got over 1,000 km on my Sherman S and it hasn't missed a beat, I would highly recommend it. But if you are a performance mad speed demon then you probably feel that you HAVE to have one of the 134.4V wheels and it makes a lot of sense to closely watch how issues get sorted with the EX-30 and the EBCP. Range shouldn't be an issue on any of these as long as they are charging properly and don't have a faulty battery pack.

A noob question: what should I do on a wheel to feel the difference between 100V and 134V? Accelerate hard from a stop? Ride 100 kph? Climb 45 degrees?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, pioneer said:

A noob question: what should I do on a wheel to feel the difference between 100V and 134V? Accelerate hard from a stop? Ride 100 kph? Climb 45 degrees?

I'm not so sure that a noob should be anywhere near pushing any limits of any decent wheel. I'm pretty happy with the speed, power & range of the Sherman S. I don't want or need to go faster than it can go. It climbs hills very well and accelerates plenty fast enough for me. All I know is that there are some riders that believe a wheel that doesn't have 134V is a wheel that isn't worth them spending their money on, really it is their choice.

3 hours ago, pioneer said:

noob question: what should I do on a wheel to feel the difference between 100V and 134V? Accelerate hard from a stop? Ride 100 kph? Climb 45 degrees?

These are numbers on a page, more than they are a thing you can actually 'feel', other than via a general sense of power and 'grunt' about the machine and its overall performance.

But it is wise to remember that 134 volt wheels are usually a good deal heavier than their 100v predecessors, and may have bigger wheels, which goes quite a long way in removing the rider perception of 'extra' power, because the bigger stuff is, the more effort and power it requires to get it rolling. Therefore don't imagine that a 134 volt wheel will be zippier and torquier than what came before because it probably won't feel like that, certainly initially, as you struggle to get used to managing the weight.

And never forget that is possible over-lean every wheel (unless you are Chuck Norris), regardless of voltage, so best not to do silly, over-dramatic forward leans in the pursuit of top speeds and insane acceleration until you are very familiar with the way the wheel responds and behaves. Work up to higher speeds slowly, over a number of weeks, so that you give yourself time to build the right muscles to control the wheel at such speed. And it should go without saying, never go anywhere near the limits of your machine without ATGATT and keeping an eye on your safety margin. You are entering cut-out corner when that starts dropping below 15-20%.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 3

In my view, we have to be really careful about these powerful wheels when we ride at low battery. At low battery we still can access very easily to the power of the wheel so we approach rapidly  the limit of the wheel. The probability to hit the limit of the wheel is much  higher than on less powerful wheels. The fast responsiveness of the wheel at low battery is not always a good thing for our security. So it is wise not to run at low battery. But it may come we have to run at low battery, so it is key to ride as smoother as possible. We need to listen carefully to every beeps. We should respect any alarm that may be raised by the wheel or an application. We need to be focused on these alarms. Not the funniest experience  of riding for sure...

Edited by koto
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BKW said:

I cannot believe how difficult this decision has been

I feel you. It is a difficult choice. I think the CP is going to be significantly cheaper than the other options too which is worth considering.

If you look after your wheel, always looks pristine and you value that then the prettier wheels make a compelling choice. If you are anything like me however even the prettiest wheel will soon end up looking like the most banged up so in this case the added value prettiness and build quality of the wheels won't make much difference in the long run.

I am thinking the EX30 is probably the best option for me as I need the extra waterproofing security but $4k is a little too rich for me.

Another very important feature to me is how quick and easy the tyre change is and the EX30 wins this over all others. Nothing worse than spending hours undoing lots of little nuts, screws and plastic body work.

Choice is the enemy of commitment.

Unlimitedly which ever wheel we get we will get used to it and how it rides.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I feel you. It is a difficult choice. I think the CP is going to be significantly cheaper than the other options too which is worth considering.

If you look after your wheel, always looks pristine and you value that then the prettier wheels make a compelling choice. If you are anything like me however even the prettiest wheel will soon end up looking like the most banged up so in this case the added value prettiness and build quality of the wheels won't make much difference in the long run.

I am thinking the EX30 is probably the best option for me as I need the extra waterproofing security but $4k is a little too rich for me.

Another very important feature to me is how quick and easy the tyre change is and the EX30 wins this over all others. Nothing worse than spending hours undoing lots of little nuts, screws and plastic body work.

Choice is the enemy of commitment.

Unlimitedly which ever wheel we get we will get used to it and how it rides.

When you say the CP will be significantly cheaper, I am assuming you mean the EBCP. If so, it's about the same price, stock. The Sherman-S looks to be 150 more, and when you put new pedals on it, you may add another 300 to it; overall, 450 more than the EBCP and the EX30.

Your comment about getting a pretty wheel if you want to keep it looking pristine: I'm like you in the sense that my wheels end up looking beat up over time. You make a good point here. Also, consider that the EBCP also has magnesium shelling comparable to the Sherman-S, so the outer "quality" isn't that much different than the Sherman-S in my opinion. The inner quality (including waterproofing) goes to the Sherman-S as winner. Considering your point, this is definitely something to consider.

The tire swapping thing isn't much of a concern for me as if I were to do it it'd be once a year. I've never done it before even with all the miles I have on my EUCs.

I'm actually happy I've narrowed my choice down to the Sherman-S and the EBCP because choice is definitely the enemy of commitment here for me. Once thing for certain, I will not buy a batch 1 EBCP, and might wait until batch 3. Ideally, I'd like them to address the charging port so we don't need the dongle attachment.

I wonder if distributors like ewheels, for example, will not get any newer batches of an EUC until they sell the older batches first? Or, in some cases, they might upgrade the older batches to new batches themselves when ready? Any insight on this? Because if no one buys a batch 1 EBCP, then waiting for a batch 3 from a distributor may be an eternity? Not sure if I could ask them to get a batch 3? Not sure how this works.

Edited by BKW