Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

Just now, techyiam said:

I saw that too. But EEVEES is a dealer / distributor who should not be relying on online social media for last minute product change information. This should be coming from directly from the manufacturer. Anything less is unprofessional and may not be reliable. 

It's not really relying on online social media, I'm pretty sure I was the one the broke the news by copy-pasting eWheels's email here with Jason confirming Extreme Bull said they were changing the ports on future iterations. Regardless, I think I'm going to change my deposit away from the Commander Pro and am considering either the V13 or the EX30 if Grizzla makes fairing for it

38 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

I think I'm going to change my deposit away from the Commander Pro and am considering either the V13 or the EX30 if Grizzla makes fairing for it

There were pictures, probably in the EX30 thread, that shows the wheel with a fairing on it.

Edit: Here it is

1522157388_SmartSelect_20230204_150834_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4aea984c89ca78950187e8053adeaf50.jpg

Edited by Clem604
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clem604 said:

There were pictures, probably in the EX30 thread, that shows the wheel with a fairing on it.

Edit: Here it is

1522157388_SmartSelect_20230204_150834_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4aea984c89ca78950187e8053adeaf50.jpg

I think they said that it was T4 fairings that were used. But I also remember Clark Pads saying they are already working on something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trailless said:

3600wh battery, 134v, 20" tire, better suspension, 20lbs lighter.

EB warranty might be significantly less than V13.

The heavy discounting of EB models by Alien Rides and Eevees might be an indicator that they do not sell well.

eg:

https://eevees.com/products/extreme-bull-commander

EB Commander, not the Pro.

EBCommander.png

EBwarranty.png

https://myewheel.com/inmotion-v13/

V13warranty.png

42 minutes ago, Paul A said:

EB warranty might be significantly less than V13.

The heavy discounting of EB models by Alien Rides and Eevees might be an indicator that they do not sell well.

eg:

https://eevees.com/products/extreme-bull-commander

EB Commander, not the Pro.

EBCommander.png

EBwarranty.png

https://myewheel.com/inmotion-v13/

V13warranty.png

I was just giving you reasons over the V13. I wouldn't buy the EBCP 1st batch. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 2:14 AM, Clem604 said:

That's disappointing to see in the CP teardown but at least they can improve the wheel in future batches??? There's certainly a lot that can be improved on in terms of the hardware and build. Once the wheel has been put back together and Eevees is done with making content with it they said I can take it for a ride which I'm still pretty excited to do. 

To my mind it just seems like you’re putting your faith and (probably hard-earned) thousands down on something that you’re hoping will deliver a nice ride with plenty of range, performance, etc, but at considerable risk of problems down the line.

Ruskin’s words return:  “There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person’s lawful prey. It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot — it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”   

Caveat emptor, whether you  decide to ‘stick’ or ‘twist’!

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

Also I'm not a fan of eevee knocking on the CP for the charge ports; yes the demo models and the first batch will have the GX16-5s but the batches after will be GX20-4s, this has already been confirmed. Eevee failed to disclose this, making me wonder what other improvements in future production models they've failed to disclose. Keep in mind they are doing a tear down of a demo unit so it's expected to be rough

I think we have to walk a mile or two in the shoes of the shop, if they take the view that there’s potential for a whole lot of trouble down the line with  carrying a particular product, then, having being burned before with sub-par wheels which caused rather too much by way of servicing, repair or other warranty issues, they are quite right to decide it’s not a product they wish to carry, and if by so carrying, would thereafter implicitly endorse and support, with all that entails for the duration - that doesn’t make sound business practice for any seller, but the customer who wants one anyway is free to place their faith in both their wheel and chosen vendor should the product run into difficulties down the road.   Bear in mind also, that a demo unit gives an indication to all as to the ‘care and attention’ let alone the various design, issue hacks and  sundry solutions (like eg cable management - how expensive are Chinese cable ties? WHY spoil the ship for a hap’worth of tar, unless your attitude is you aren’t going to be sailing in it yourself?)

To my mind, EVEE’s are doing their potential customers something a favour by pointing out their issues with the build quality, and their reasons as to why they’re not going to be offering it, and after all that is considered, if you still want to buy the wheel, then at least you’ll be better informed, if perhaps none the wiser.

Free choice for both buyers and sellers of wheels is no bad thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

To my mind it just seems like you’re putting your faith and (probably hard-earned) thousands down on something that you’re hoping will deliver a nice ride with plenty of range, performance, etc, but at considerable risk of problems down the line.

You're right, It's just that I really wanted to like this wheel just like many others. EB might improve it or they might not, either way I have a Sherman S incoming so it's of no consequence for me. I want companies to put out good wheels no matter who it is because overall it's good for the EUC community. We will see over time how the CP pans out. Regardless, I still want to take it for a test ride so I can relay my experience to others on here.

huge difference in massiveness of pedal hanger screws and bearings (same diameter and motor size), CP vs s22pro. 
This are components important for safety, much beefier in Begode product.   

Inmotion v13 has also small screws similiar to s22 and they broke very fast https://www.ecohuman.pl/pl/blog/news/inmotion-sprawdzil-problem-ze-zlamaniem-srub-silnika-w-v13

Bez t2.jpg

Bez tytułu.jpg

Edited by Greg X

1 hour ago, GHOSTTE said:

I've just changed my order to the EX30, eWheels should be getting them at the end of the month

Another data point for:

Performance trumps safety features and margins. 

It's easy to understand why. Dawn (120 lbs, ?) could exceed 50 mph without trying on the Commander Pro, while Hsiang was hyperventilating trying to break 45 mph on city streets on a V13 (not in a tunnel.) And when he tried to break the 50 mph barrier inside the tunnel, he was trying hard. And Hsiang is a very experienced rider. And he has ridden motorcycles too.

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Another data point for:

You are comparing two different riders, making the data point a bit weak.

Unless I’m mistaken, Dawn had no problem reaching 50mph on the V13 once it was set up correctly.

I struggle to reach 30mph on the V11, even in fancy mode. But that says nothing about the wheel, just that my personal comfortable speed limit is just a hair under 30 mph, on any wheel (that I’ve tried).

1 hour ago, BKW said:

I’m leaning more toward the Sherman-S now myself. I feel like that wheel is more an all-around wheel than the ex30. Just personal preference. I really wanted the CP to be solid, but it’s poorly put together

It depends on what you're looking for; I want a street cruiser with good torque, good top speed, battery life, and modular so the "con" of the battery casing of the EX30 being low doesn't sway me much because I'm not going to be off-roading it other than jumping up street curbs which I should be able to do easily even though this is a 100 lbs wheel. The V13, Sherman S, etc and other offerings don't seem to be there for what I want though I was hoping the EBCP would be

It depends on what you're looking for; I want a street cruiser with good torque, good top speed, battery life, and modular so the "con" of the battery casing of the EX30 being low doesn't sway me much because I'm not going to be off-roading it other than jumping up street curbs which I should be able to do easily even though this is a 100 lbs wheel. The V13, Sherman S, etc and other offerings don't seem to be there for what I want though I was hoping the EBCP would be

That makes sense if you want the ex30 primarily for a street cruiser. It'll be good at that for sure.

I was hoping the EBCP would be

For starters, if someone who is considering to buy a Begode suspension wheel, it should be no surprise that it will not have class leading build quality, safety margins nor weather proofing.

The real unknowns are:

(1) is the build quality good enough,

(2) how much work would it be to complete the weather proofing,

(3) how well does it ride,

(4) from which batch have the complaints of issues been subsided.

As far as the controller is concerned, the latest Master controller seems to be very similar to the Commander Pro's. 

The motor is C38, and it has been around. However, it doesn't have an additional weather seal for the wheel bearings. I believe the C40 on the EX30 does.

The C40 also has a stronger motor, and a tougher rim.

If the hydraulic suspension on the Commander Pro turns out to be of sufficient quality, then it would most like require less maintenance than the EX30's suspension.

However, EEVEES has said they found the EX30's build quality to be good enough, and trashed the Commander Pro, most for weather proofing not up to their standard. So we have to wait for the video.

The Commander Pro was praised by Marty to be a cool runner too. Then there is the matter of battery boxes. And according to Marty and his merry men (lady), the Commander Pro rode well.

At this point in time, for me anyway, it ain't over til the fat lady sings.

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

However, EEVEES has said they found the EX30's build quality to be good enough, and trashed the Commander Pro, most for weather proofing not up to their standard. So we have to wait for the video.

Eevee's has stated the EX30 is the best quality Begode wheel they've ever seen

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Eevee's has stated the EX30 is the best quality Begode wheel they've ever seen

It is hard to know what best Begode quality means. However, there is some optimism since Bradley seemed excited about it.

If you can, check out the Sherman S and the V13 in person. They are that good in build quality. You will have a hard time deciding.

22 hours ago, techyiam said:

Another data point for:

It's easy to understand why. Dawn (120 lbs, ?) could exceed 50 mph without trying on the Commander Pro, while Hsiang was hyperventilating trying to break 45 mph on city streets on a V13 (not in a tunnel.) And when he tried to break the 50 mph barrier inside the tunnel, he was trying hard. And Hsiang is a very experienced rider. And he has ridden motorcycles too.

This is a completely invalid comparison. Dawn is 120lb to Hsiang's ~200lb (going from memory here). The wheel has to try a lot harder to keep Hsiang level. Hsiang is also trying to quickly accelerate through a tunnel, coming back out into New York traffic. His runway is pretty short so he has to accelerate hard, and he has to brake hard at the end to avoid hitting cars/pedestrians. Dawn has a huge converted railroad track to work with and essentially no other vehicles around her. She can gradually accelerate and doesn't really need to stop for anything, with infinite visibility and infinite runway. 

You are comparing apples to door hinges here. 

45 minutes ago, Bustapalapno said:

This is a completely invalid comparison. Dawn is 120lb to Hsiang's ~200lb (going from memory here). The wheel has to try a lot harder to keep Hsiang level. Hsiang is also trying to quickly accelerate through a tunnel, coming back out into New York traffic. His runway is pretty short so he has to accelerate hard, and he has to brake hard at the end to avoid hitting cars/pedestrians. Dawn has a huge converted railroad track to work with and essentially no other vehicles around her. She can gradually accelerate and doesn't really need to stop for anything, with infinite visibility and infinite runway. 

You are comparing apples to door hinges here. 

Here's Roger reaching 52 mph in a parking lot. Time-stamped. 

Edited by techyiam