Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

29 minutes ago, Bustapalapno said:

This is a completely invalid comparison. Dawn is 120lb to Hsiang's ~200lb (going from memory here). The wheel has to try a lot harder to keep Hsiang level. Hsiang is also trying to quickly accelerate through a tunnel, coming back out into New York traffic. His runway is pretty short so he has to accelerate hard, and he has to brake hard at the end to avoid hitting cars/pedestrians. Dawn has a huge converted railroad track to work with and essentially no other vehicles around her. She can gradually accelerate and doesn't really need to stop for anything, with infinite visibility and infinite runway. 

You are comparing apples to door hinges here. 

Here's Roger reaching 52 mph in a parking lot. Time-stamped.

On 2/4/2023 at 2:57 PM, eevees said:

When we spoke with them originally about the charge ports, they told us they were not changing the mold. However we recently discovered that the new models will now have the proper ports. We didn't purposely not disclose this info. We only found out AFTER we posted the video and after they told us they wouldn't be doing new molds. That was the original main reason we chose not to carry them. 

I also want to mention that Extreme Bull's team watched our video and are making improvements accordingly. They aren't offended like the small minority of people accusing us of being biased. Another note: Extreme Bull and Begode are different companies. They share parts but they are run by different CEOs and people. 

Ya'll acting like there was no bias in that video is hilarious. Even more so because no one would have cared had you owned it. Only reason we're still talking about it is because you refuse to lol.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Chi-Way Black said:

Ya'll acting like there was no bias in that video is hilarious. Even more so because no one would have cared had you owned it. Only reason we're still talking about it is because you refuse to lol.

They do have serious bias in the video, I wish they'd admit it.

The CP does have some issues, but some were already being addressed at the time they uploaded the video. I wish they had communicated with Extreme Bull before posting so they got the facts correct rather than misinforming viewers; I still don't see any correction in their video or the description about the charge ports which is a shame on @eevees because it still conveys misinformation on their part.

4 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

They do have serious bias in the video, I wish they'd admit it.

The CP does have some issues, but some were already being addressed at the time they uploaded the video. I wish they had communicated with Extreme Bull before posting so they got the facts correct rather than misinforming viewers; I still don't see any correction in their video or the description about the charge ports which is a shame on @eevees because it still conveys misinformation on their part.

I also think there is some bias in that video. However, I think there is truth in their view as well, and they likely knew it was going to be bad before even opening it up -- whether you call that a bias or lack of confidence in Extreme Bull's products, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

I have to admit though, my heart still yearns for this wheel, but I would not buy it unless they instilled confidence in me with their electronics and other aspects. If I bought it now I'd feel like a sucker

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BKW said:

I have to admit though, my heart still yearns for this wheel, but I would not buy it unless they instilled confidence in me with their electronics and other aspects. If I bought it now I'd feel like a sucker

Same, but I decided not to wait and am just going with the EX30. Looks more polished, more modular and spartan (which I love), and will have support from Grizzla with aftermarket add-ons

Also looks way more water-resistant

Edited by GHOSTTE

3 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Same, but I decided not to wait and am just going with the EX30. Looks more polished, more modular and spartan (which I love), and will have support from Grizzla with aftermarket add-ons

Also looks way more water-resistant

Awesome! Yeah, I'm curious about the tear down of this wheel, as well as how consumers will review it

I own a Master, T4 and Mten4 and even I think the EBCP looks like shit.

The original Commander was garbage and sales reflected that fact. The Pro is just shit elevated to the next level.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

The original Commander was garbage and sales reflected that fact.

What makes the Commander garbage?

I can see for someone who live in a desert, or in Southern California would mind the wheel running hot.

Other that, what were the negatives? 

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I can see for someone who live in a desert, or in Southern California would mind the wheel running hot.

The biggest issue was the overheating issue (it would even overheat in the winter in Vancouver if you're riding uphill) but it wasn't horrible. But as @GHOSTTEsaid, the biggest issue is no one was buying it... even when we lowered the price to $1000 less than the Veteran Sherman.

Edited by eevees
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Because the Sherman Max was more attractive due to 200 dollars less for practically same specs. Mostly though, the Sherman Max was the 4th iteration of the OG Sherman and had the best reviews and been tested thoroughly; whereas the Commander was its first iteration.

I don’t think the Commander is a bad wheel but bad timing and hard competition against — probably the most popular and favorite wheel — of the Sherman

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, eevees said:

The biggest issue was the overheating issue (it would even overheat in the winter in Vancouver if you're riding uphill) but it wasn't horrible. But as @GHOSTTEsaid, the biggest issue is no one was buying it... even when we lowered the price to $1000 less than the Veteran Sherman.

Interesting. 

I thought a factor could be because people may fear that it carries four of the 900Wh battery packs that contain the LG M50T cells.

However, there have been no reported cases of battery fires with the Commander. I suspect the 8P reduces the chances of the cells of being abused?

Regarding overheating, you guys were climbing a hill or mountain. When you were doing normal riding, how high did the temperatures get?

Additionally, after a year of sales, what were the complaints, and what repairs customers needed on their Abrams? Thanks.

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Interesting. 

I thought a factor could be because people may fear that it carries four of the 900Wh battery packs that contain the LG M50T cells.

However, there have been no reported cases of battery fires with the Commander. I suspect the 8P reduces the chances of the cells of being abused?

Regarding overheating, you guys were climbing a hill or mountain. When you were doing normal riding, how high did the temperatures get?

Additionally, after a year of sales, what were the complaints, and what repairs customers needed on their Abrams? Thanks.

The only complaint with the Abrams is the flex that occurs when carving hard due to the aluminum frame. It's not a huge deal and since we replaced all the motors and did firmware upgrades, it's been a great wheel. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, eevees said:

The only complaint with the Abrams is the flex that occurs when carving hard due to the aluminum frame. It's not a huge deal and since we replaced all the motors and did firmware upgrades, it's been a great wheel. 

Thanks, good info.

Sorry. I meant to ask about the Commander. I erroneously typed Abrams when I should have typed Commander. 

Also, at speeds of 70+ km/h, how does the Commander compare to the Sherman or Sherman Max in terms of stability, and the feel of feeling planted?

Thanks.

Additionally, after a year of sales, what were the complaints, and what repairs customers needed on their Commander? Thanks.

Edited by techyiam

18 hours ago, Mango said:

I own a Master, T4 and Mten4 and even I think the EBCP looks like shit.

The original Commander was garbage and sales reflected that fact. The Pro is just shit elevated to the next level.

I got to demo an OG commander HS and honestly thought it was a very underrated wheel. Performance was there, no heating issue on the demo unit and it had all the sherman max specs but with no pedal dipping. Rode pretty great

What made it less attractive was the original price and timing. It started more expensive than the sherman. By the time the commander was out, everyone already bought a sherman and the sherman had tons of aftermarket support. So the commander basically died due to lack of interest and not a lack in quality imo. I also say this having never seen the insides of one. 

The insides of the commander pro is pretty bad though. Rushed and little care went into its construction. Im sure the ride feel is pretty nice though. Im going ex30 though

• Like 1

We will find out what Extreme Bull is all about following the criticisms and issues highlighted above. If they address them with the production wheels and reduce the price to $3000 which they need to do then it still might be an option. They need to rejig the top cover for the new charging ports anyway so they can also rejig the handle/void water collecting issue at the same time. I am still holding out for this wheel as I actually really like it. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

We will find out what Extreme Bull is all about following the criticisms and issues highlighted above. If they address them with the production wheels and reduce the price to $3000 which they need to do then it still might be an option. They need to rejig the top cover for the new charging ports anyway so they can also rejig the handle/void water collecting issue at the same time. I am still holding out for this wheel as I actually really like it. 

They also need to address the soldering/electric half-ass job

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Unipilot69 said:

A not so polished turd.

You can't polish a turd.. You can only smear it.

The Pro is simply shitty. No extra words needed. I don't know who made it's design. But he needs to be fired! And whoever made EX30 get a rise. Day/Night difference in build quality.

Everyone can see that he Pro was a rushed build, that no planning was put in it at all. Wasted wheel release in my eyes. Even worse than Hero. (Yes Hero is also a wasted release in my eyes. But at least it was built better.)

Edited by Funky

12 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I am still holding out for this wheel as I actually really like it. 

Same here. I want the future batches of the wheel to be solid because I am still interested in it, but not in its current state. But, if I'm to be honest with myself, I have to think they would need to do A LOT to make this feel like something I'm not getting a bad deal on, or something that I can have high confidence in. I also think the chances of this happening may be slim considering how much of an "afterthought" of a design this came out to be, so my hopes aren't high atm

• Like 1

I too am keeping an eye on this wheel in hopes that future batches will be better thought out in design, and of decent build quality like the EX30. 

I think the EX30 will be a solid wheel, it’s pretty much a more powerful version of my EX20S, a wheel I really like. Problem is these wheels are just larger and heavier than I want in an EUC, which isn’t a problem when riding but is any other time. The real attractiveness for me on the Commander Pro was that they kept the weight to 95 lbs and the form factor is smaller, great for a 20” 3600 Wh 134v suspension wheel. The wheel looks like it performs quite well.p in various terrain too.

Just make slight changes to the case to make it more waterproof and not so “half finished”, improve and clean up those wires with o rings like in the EX30, and weatherseal up that motor to protect the bearings in Batch 2 and now we’re talking. Get that speaker out or redesign the case that actually accounts for it.

• Upvote 1