Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

Mango

1 hour ago, Jean eRide.ie Community said:

@Cerbera

Looking at the top part, it looks like it is plastic almost fully covered by foam. 

Yup, even though we've only seen the render, it looks to be the same basic design and materials as the Master, which makes sense given its moniker. There will defiantly be a place for upgraded armor, which while it will add a couple pounds, it will be well worth it.

1 hour ago, Zalagator said:

upgraded armor, which while it will add a couple pounds, it will be well worth it.

You're not wrong - imagine the damage something that heavy could wreak on itself if it bounces down hills like we've seen some of those Masters doing...

The pads look like they protect the front of the battery packs more than the back, so I think I'd be metal plating the packs under the padding, and addinf bumper strip on top of that wherever there weren't full leg pads covering. I wonder if they have done anything to stop the entire top section detaching and flying off as we have also seen a good few of the more spectacular Master disasters ?

8 hours ago, Zalagator said:

The Master Pro is basically that. I would be surprised if GW split the market even more by releasing this as well. The main difference being the slightly larger wheel of the MPro. Is 22" vs 24" really enough to release another model?

I would love Begode to release a 134v MPro next just to watch mrelwood go nuts!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UtahRider said:

I would love Begode to release a 134v MPro next just to watch mrelwood go nuts!

:roflmao:Despite being a Gotway thread, I personally don't give a rodent's behind what GW is doing, other than how it affects the more reasonable manufacturers. Yes, I think that the top speeds being reached nowadays are completely nuts, and at worst may transform the community image from goofy new tech nerds to feared and despised outlaw gangs.

But I have no illusion of being able to slap anyone into their senses. Just like with wearing or not wearing gear. What I do care about is that the developement wouldn't stop for the larger market sectors.

Some of the riders are just so  humourously easy to please. As long as the top speed is higher even by just a few mph, nothing else matters, and the wheel must be owned at any cost. Suspension or not, tire size, ride feel, ride modes... no matter, "you get used to it after a few months anyway". I feel like I demand so much more from my next wheel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Some of the riders are just so  humourously easy to please. As long as the top speed is higher even by just a few mph, nothing else matters, and the wheel must be owned at any cost. Suspension or not, tire size, ride feel, ride modes... no matter, "you get used to it after a few months anyway". I feel like I demand so much more from my next wheel.

Now you get it.  😊

Manufacturers build what the market wants. 

Let say you want to join a typical  group ride. Should you bring a V8. 

Exactly, you would be left behind before the next intersection. How about an S18. Well, you may fair better, but only if you don’t being mind being near the tail end of the pack. But still, before the next recharge break, you will have to bail, and find a means to get home. Go big or go home, unless you want to ride alone in a group ride.

This reminds me of a group ride for newbies. The organizer says all are welcome. Only one Ninja 250 showed up. The group started during rush hour. That rider was left behind and never to be seen again in less than 10 seconds.

But what if you want to be at the front of the pack. Sherman’s have been popular. And EX.N’s too. The Master should be catching on. 

With the escalating ego’s mixed in, great acceleration and braking, along with good range and top speed machines would be desirable. 

Another scenario would the desire to bomb around on a single wheel motorcycle.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

In the wild..

Oh, it is wider than I expected.

Ergonomics will then be a differentiator between the V13 which seemed to have limiting the width as design target, and the Master Pro 22 which looks as wide as S22 or wider in this footage.

Changing the pads configuration might help tho.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

:roflmao:Despite being a Gotway thread, I personally don't give a rodent's behind what GW is doing, other than how it affects the more reasonable manufacturers. Yes, I think that the top speeds being reached nowadays are completely nuts, and at worst may transform the community image from goofy new tech nerds to feared and despised outlaw gangs.

But I have no illusion of being able to slap anyone into their senses. Just like with wearing or not wearing gear. What I do care about is that the developement wouldn't stop for the larger market sectors.

I don't get the impression that the huge battery and motor is about top speed here.  It's about having a monster size wheel that isn't punished by terrible low end torque....... oh and has decent range...... oh and with any size rider.

If a rider wants crazy top speed, get a Master.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Oh, it is wider than I expected.

Ergonomics will then be a differentiator between the V13 which seemed to have limiting the width as design target, and the Master Pro 22 which looks as wide as S22 or wider in this footage.

Changing the pads configuration might help tho.

A somewhat wider foot stance feels better to me so this is a plus, again, for me.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I don't get the impression that the huge battery and motor is about top speed here.  It's about having a monster size wheel that isn't punished by terrible low end torque....... oh and has decent range...... oh and with any size rider.

I tend to agree, having a wheel that could potentially go say 100 miles at say 25-30MPH would be a nice option to consider although I doubt we would get this high a range,  we will have to wait and see how close. 

I agree, it would be brilliant to not have to charge or indeed carry a charger for a 100 mile ride.

I'm just not sure I could put up with the size of the Master Pro for the type of riding I do. And I certainly couldn't stomach what will probably be a £4.5k price tag :o

What a wheel though, amazing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I tend to agree, having a wheel that could potentially go say 100 miles at say 25-30MPH would be a nice option to consider although I doubt we would get this high a range,  we will have to wait and see how close. 

80mi minimum at those speeds, based on my EX20S experience. 

Which makes me think that then a fast charger may not be needed, as long as 80mi is enough for me/you to do in 1 day, before a night over at the place, before continuing next day, on a long trip. 

But I also think there's a chance I may want to do more than 80mi in one day sometimes, which I've already done once with the EX20S and a 10A charger...

Which makes me think, is there any 134v fast charger available yet? Haha (edit, found it: https://www.yangmopower.com/li-ion-battery---126v-1344v-5a-8a-10a-lithium-ion-battery-charger-p4255237.html, 8A 2KG option looks good, better than 10A 4KG haha) 

Edited by Jean eRide.ie Community
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 4:50 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

ewheels is offering a "high-powered pack" 40T variant with 3840Wh. Who needs higher discharge cells (?) on an 8p wheel? This makes no sense, does it?

I guess some people have got money to spare and will automatically get every upgrade they can get, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. And ewheels seems to have discovered this "upgradeitis" as a nice source of extra income.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I guess some people have got money to spare and will automatically get every upgrade they can get, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. And ewheels seems to have discovered this "upgradeitis" as a nice source of extra income.

Yep and I’m grateful to eWheels. A few hundred $ is worth knowing you’ll likely not burn down the house over a $3k toy.

• Like 1

The pedals also seem to have a steel reinforcement/protection where they contact the hanger. I wonder if that is a means to adjust the pedal cant? I use somethign looking almost like that on my V10F because the pedal cant it came with from the factory wasnt nearly enough. One pedal actually drooped downwards ever so slightly.

Edited by mhpr262

Has Begode become a predatory euc competitor? 

Within 24 hours of the official V13 debut, the Master Pro was announced. 

Within two days of EEVEES confirming the existence of Leaper Kim's Sherman-S, the Master X appears. 

Talk about taking the wind out of someone's sail.

Interestingly enough, according to the spec sheet, the only difference between the Master Pro and the Master X is that the X uses a 3600 Wh battery, and thus weighs less, has shorter range, and is priced lower. Yet, they made X into another model, instead as a battery option for the Pro.

And what is going to happen to the Extreme Bull, EX20S, Hero customers? Will finding parts going to be an issue going forward?

Wasn't the Hero announced near the S20 debut? And the EX20S was announced after the S20 announcement. The Hero has reached end of life, and now it looks like the EX20S has too. And yet eWheels hasn't shipped out their first batch out to their customers. 

Incidentally, Alibaba.com is asking ~C$4800 for the Master X. Free shipping. 

T4, Master, Master Pro, Master X, did Begode miss a class? 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

T4, Master, Master Pro, Master X, did Begode miss a class? 

They need a 20" Master with a 3000Wh battery - that will be the sweet spot. Master X - nice try, but no, thanks - it's 8kg too much for me.