Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

By the way, let's see what is the GPS-corrected speed before claiming the Master Pro can be ridden to 90 km/h, and cuts out at 103 km/h.

Each new generation overestimates more and more, so I would not be surprised if 90 km/h on the speedo was 83 (8%), maybe even less.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, supercurio said:

By the way, let's see what is the GPS-corrected speed before claiming the Master Pro can be ridden to 90 km/h, and cuts out at 103 km/h.

Each new generation overestimates more and more, so I would not be surprised if 90 km/h on the speedo was 83 (8%), maybe even less.

My thoughts exactly. All these current speed claims aren’t gps confirmed. Though wrong way did state in his video he wasn’t calibrated. I also predict atleast 8% calibration will be needed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

My thoughts exactly. All these current speed claims aren’t gps confirmed. Though wrong way did state in his video he wasn’t calibrated. I also predict atleast 8% calibration will be needed

Yeah it makes for a nice headline, but as long as reviewers publish uncorrected speeds it gives an incentive for wheel manufacturers to push the over-estimation further.
And these inflated number show both in speed and range tests.

I asked Adam about it, for his review 😉 That was only first impressions.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

45mph on my rshighspeed ..it dipped forward on me and i was able to save it and almost shit my pants …I dont go above 43 mph now .

Nice save 👍🏾, gotta watch the pwm % make sure you have it calibrated though. 

4 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

45mph on my rshighspeed ..it dipped forward on me and i was able to save it and almost shit my pants …I dont go above 43 mph now .

Glad you are OK.

eWheels rate the RS at 40 mph, and the EX.N at 45 mph.

My V12 starts to tilt back at 71 km/h on a flat road. When it starts tilting back, I back off. When I ride in traffic, I don't ride close to the limit. Cars ahead can stop suddenly, and margins are also needed to deal with bunps and pot holes .

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

A five persons group ride from Burnaby to Vancouver. Wrongway was on the Master Pro. I think he is the rider with white helmet and jacket, at least the upper part of his jacket was white. At the very beginning of the video, you can just make out Wrongway's voice.

The most direct route would have been to stay on Kingsway. But that is not what they did. They took a route where the roads were wide and clear. The section of Royal Oak that they traversed down is a steep, open and wide road. At the bottom while waiting for the light, I think I heard someone mentioning a speed of just short of 90 km/h.

They rode at a pretty good pace. I thought they braked well. That would have been fun ride.

The lead rider was on a Sherman?  The Sherman did well.

Down the road, I think when everybody else in the group has a Master Pro, and you don't ..... ?

Wrongway looked like he could have vanished from the group. :)

After watching this video, I think I know why the Sherman Max is the best seller at EEVEES. It would interesting to see in the near future which wheel will take over the reins.

I won't be surprised if faster wheels are in the works. Warp speed please!

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Wrong Way really made riding the Master Pro look easy.

It is starting to look more and more like a 22" wheel will be in my future.

I just have to go through the process to get there.

Here is hoping that the V13 will also be a competent high speed cruiser.

3 hours ago, EMA said:

the key point of 22" is the stability and confidence at those speeds while  a 20" wheel start feeling sketchy above 75kmh 

BiB, also mostly due to the fact that current 20” wheels are close to redline at that speed so yeah some 20” wheels can feel more sketchy than others above 45mph.

The master is pretty planted at those speeds and the ex 30 should be even more planted with the extra weight. 

Edited by Mayhem

12 hours ago, EMA said:

the key point of 22" is the stability and confidence at those speeds while  a 20" wheel start feeling sketchy above 75kmh 

Totally! When all immaturity of EUC design and manufacture of these "early days" is sorted, I wonder if the choice of wheels will be by a simple user case expressed in max speed. You want urban/high maneuverability wheel to ride on footpaths and in the crowd - take 16", but don't expect it to be good for you above 50kph. You mostly ride in car traffic and hit an open road - take 20", but don't expect it to be either light or too nimble. If you however, an experienced, "intercity" rider who can safely* reach 70kph+ - then get yourself a 22" or 24", but don't expect it to be any good in the downtown crowd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

You want urban/high maneuverability wheel to ride on footpaths and in the crowd - take 16", but don't expect it to be good for you above 50kph.

Around here, this would hold true for my Begode T3. It is definitely not the wheel I would take into car traffic.

On the other hand, although my V12 is no less agile than my T3, it is miles more stable, and actually feels planted up to 73 km/h. Also, my V12 can accelerate and brake much better than the T3. On my T3, if I ride behind cars, I won't be able to brake fast enough. Actually, my V12 isn't bad to ride in car traffic. However, I like more headroom. 

As for 20" wheels, other than the Master, I am not convinced yet that 73 km/h (45 mph) top speed will give me enough headroom. I know some riders have ridden faster, but it is not what the manufacturers nor dealers recommend. 

I guess the question comes down to, after a period of adaptation, which size wheel will give the best trade off between top speed, and braking, maneuverability and weight.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Watching the videos, it appears that with the right rider, any wheel can look agile, even the 120 lbs, Master Pro.

Hell yeah with that pedal clearance the lean is like a motorcycle 🫶it’s pretty awesome .I’m a bigger rider at 214 pounds so I should be able to throw it around pretty well 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Hell yeah with that pedal clearance the lean is like a motorcycle 🫶it’s pretty awesome .I’m a bigger rider at 214 pounds so I should be able to throw it around pretty well 

With the mass and gyro, you should be able to hang-off more in the corners, and the high speed sweepers. Should be a fun wheel for those who can ride it well.

I shall tempt those who have the cash to splash  (MASTER PRO - IN STOCK now at ALIEN RIDES). Who is going to pull the trigger?
https://alienrides.com/collections/electric-unicycles/products/begode-master-pro-electric-unicycle

Edited by CyberV0LT
  • Like 3

Go-George-Go made a preview video on the Master Pro.

He and Archie suspect that smaller riders need not  apply. I hope Madpack gets a chance to test it, and tells us what he thinks.

Archie also thinks braking distances are going to be longer than for other wheels. 

Exactly how i expect master pro have bad torque in inclines all this 22inch EUC be suffer with this voltage not help. I not mena is WEAK i mean is not stronger compare to RS HT etc. JUST 22 inch is gravediger for low end torque.

32 degree and master pro have problem with 80kg rider with me 260lbs(120kg) this device be just suffer into inclines.

Adam try push it and pedal dips bad behavior for me.

Abyway nobody do overheat test of EUC and we dont know if is here working overheat/burn mechanism what is fully working protect rider and EUC.

For clarification i ride always under 25MPh(50hmh) never ride faster my riding priorities is diferent becasue i live in Beskydy mountains area and how EUC handle long inclines is my BIGEST priority.

Timestamped video where is incline test.

2 hours ago, EMA said:

2022 euc riders usualy can't decide between 14d or master pro

But thankfully, unlike motorcycling, starting on a too big an euc won't get you kill. The new rider will quickly learn to start on a smaller wheel, or give up altogether. 

Edited by techyiam

4 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Exactly how i expect master pro have bad torque in inclines all this 22inch EUC be suffer with this voltage not help. I not mena is WEAK i mean is not stronger compare to RS HT etc. JUST 22 inch is gravediger for low end torque.

32 degree and master pro have problem with 80kg rider with me 260lbs(120kg) this device be just suffer into inclines.

Adam try push it and pedal dips bad behavior for me.

Abyway nobody do overheat test of EUC and we dont know if is here working overheat/burn mechanism what is fully working protect rider and EUC.

For clarification i ride always under 25MPh(50hmh) never ride faster my riding priorities is diferent becasue i live in Beskydy mountains area and how EUC handle long inclines is my BIGEST priority.

Timestamped video where is incline test.

generally speaking if "long inclines is my BIGEST priority" you should never consider a 22" wheel , it's just the wrong tool for the job .

tbh master pro did inclines incredibly well for a 22" wheel, WW did the test but this is something you'll never face in real world

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@EMAI just hope extra votage kick a*s to physics but gravitation is stronger witch.

Now i am shure only "20inch" is way witch make little peace in my mind i can skip all "new" 22 inchers.

I no expect V13 give beter results compare to master pro.(in inclining)

• Mango changed the title to Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v