Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

I tried standing on @Chi-Way Black Master Pro.  I could barely stand with the wheel upright.  I wanted to try this as I would be standing waiting for a light to change.  It started to tilt and almost took me down.  I am 5' 7" and weigh 155 geared up.  This wheel is to much for me, unfortunately. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paradox said:

I tried standing on @Chi-Way Black Master Pro.  I could barely stand with the wheel upright.  I wanted to try this as I would be standing waiting for a light to change.  It started to tilt and almost took me down.  I am 5' 7" and weigh 155 geared up.  This wheel is to much for me, unfortunately. 

Could you have held up the wheel with your hand or hands while you climb on? Just wondering, since the rider on the V13 in Inmotion 10th Anniversary promotional video use one hand to hold the front bar while he steadys the wheel as he climbed on the wheel.

Maybe, it is a pretty big jump to ride the Master Pro, for those who have not live with 100 lbs wheels, such as the Abrams, or the EX20S?

Just now, techyiam said:

Could you have held up the wheel with your hand or hands while you climb on? Just wondering, since the rider on the V13 in Inmotion 10th Anniversary promotional video use one hand to hold the front bar while he steadys the wheel as he climbed on the wheel.

Maybe, it is a pretty big jump to ride the Master Pro, for those who have not live with 100 lbs wheels, such as the Abrams, or the EX20S?

I could have managed it.  It would have been a battle every time I stopped though.  The height plus the weight combined to make this a struggle.   Not one I am willing to do at every light.  Another rider has a Master Pro and is 170lbs and 5'11".  We all agreed it was a size to big for me.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Interesting though @Chi-Way Black had an EX20s that I rode over the summer and it did not have this same effect on me.  I rode it and I only noticed how wide the wheel was.  I liked it so much I put in a preorder for one.  I have now switched my preorder to a Sherman-S because of the build quality. I still have my eyes on the Ex20s though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Interesting though @Chi-Way Black had an EX20s that I rode over the summer and it did not have this same effect on me.  I rode it and I only noticed how wide the wheel was.  I liked it so much I put in a preorder for one.  I have now switched my preorder to a Sherman-S because of the build quality. I still have my eyes on the Ex20s 

I can't remember where I watched it, or read it, but apparently some other riders also find the EX20S not as a big jump.

Did you find the ride on the EX20S more cushy than on the Master Pro? How about stability wise at higher speeds? 

Wow, for you to still have your eyes on the EX20S, after place a preorder on the Sherman-S, that must says something pretty positive about the EX20S. 

To my eyes anyway, that Sherman-S has a premium build quality that we have not seen before on an euc. Also, the fluidity of the suspension action looks class leading. Although, it is almost 100 lbs, if it rides not much more heavier or bulkier than the Shermam Max, then it would be quite something. 

36 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Wow, for you to still have your eyes on the EX20S, after place a preorder on the Sherman-S, that must says something pretty positive about the EX20S. 

To my eyes anyway, that Sherman-S has a premium build quality that we have not seen before on an euc. Also, the fluidity of the suspension action looks class leading.

The Ex20s is a tank.  Built like one.  I do not ride fast.  Sub 30mph is my desired speeds.  I can't compare stability at speed though.  If the Sherman-S fails at launch for some reason I might opt for the Ex20s.  The tire change seems much easier on the Ex20s.  Time will tell as more videos and reviews come out.  There is so much more to like about the Sherman-S.  I can't wait.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paradox said:

The Ex20s is a tank.  Built like one.  I do not ride fast.  Sub 30mph is my desired speeds.  I can't compare stability at speed though.  If the Sherman-S fails at launch for some reason I might opt for the Ex20s.  The tire change seems much easier on the Ex20s.  Time will tell as more videos and reviews come out.  There is so much more to like about the Sherman-S.  I can't wait.

EX20 would be a great wheel for you. It has the best suspension I've tried yet. It's still heavy but it's weight is lower to the ground than the Master Pro. 

Sherman S would have more torque though. Not that you'd really need it at your weight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

@Paradox

Purchasing your next wheel just got more complicated. The good kind though. Happy hunting.

BEGODE EX20S SPEED (C30) - 6 MONTH WARRANTY

• SALE
  •  
  • $2,699.00 USD
  •  
  • Regular price$3,799.00 USD
  •  
  • In stock! Ships next business day.

Yep!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

@Paradox

Purchasing your next wheel just got more complicated. The good kind though. Happy hunting.

BEGODE EX20S SPEED (C30) - 6 MONTH WARRANTY

• SALE
  •  
  • $2,699.00 USD
  •  
  • Regular price$3,799.00 USD
  •  
  • In stock! Ships next business day.

Where is this

Mentioned this elsewhere in the Begode Master topic about the flimsy plastic battery boxes BegodeWay have been using for All their Master derived offerings (which are Also incorrectly used as a stressed, structural component) and here we are with a New issue reported by a Master Pro owner on Facebook:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | My master pro has a problem with the plastic battery casings flexing and expanding, touching the tire and motor | Facebook

315028626_10158484808962237_422177180877

Finally, BegodeWay has come to their senses and started to react to these flimsy plastic battery casings flexing, rubbing, along with the plastic mount brackets cracking etc. and look to be implementing Metal casings before releasing the upcoming EX30!

Link below as posted on Facebook:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | Who Needs Battery Protecting ,Which Metal Is Better ,Aluminum Alloy Or Stainless steel,Leave Message Please ,Thank You | Facebook

314028843_2911213682505497_6064443852764313400736_2911213879172144_2794833843350

• Like 2

18 hours ago, fbhb said:

Mentioned this elsewhere in the Begode Master topic about the flimsy plastic battery boxes BegodeWay have been using for All their Master derived offerings (which are Also incorrectly used as a stressed, structural component) and here we are with a New issue reported by a Master Pro owner on Facebook:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | My master pro has a problem with the plastic battery casings flexing and expanding, touching the tire and motor | Facebook

315028626_10158484808962237_422177180877

Finally, BegodeWay has come to their senses and started to react to these flimsy plastic battery casings flexing, rubbing, along with the plastic mount brackets cracking etc. and look to be implementing Metal casings before releasing the upcoming EX30!

Link below as posted on Facebook:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | Who Needs Battery Protecting ,Which Metal Is Better ,Aluminum Alloy Or Stainless steel,Leave Message Please ,Thank You | Facebook

314028843_2911213682505497_6064443852764313400736_2911213879172144_2794833843350

Is this a master pro or an ex30? Will the current lineup be getting retrofitted with metal casings or just new models after the ex30? 

On 11/14/2022 at 12:33 AM, MrRobot said:

Is this a master pro or an ex30? Will the current lineup be getting retrofitted with metal casings or just new models after the ex30? 

It was confirmed for the first batch of EX30 wheels on FB by a Begode employee. No mention of Master Pro or the current line up, excluding the EX20 which already has metal casings for the battery. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Marty got to ride a Master Pro in the mountains. It certainly sounds like that he likes it. Imagine, taking a 120 lbs wheel offroad through 92 miles of mountain roads.

To the naysayers, there appears to be interest in the heavy weight category, even for off-road riding, at least in the US.

On a similar note, Zen Lee would like to see some electric wheels going higher than 134.4V. These racing folks have a need for speed. And the need for speed won't extinguish until their hair is on fire.

What is in store for us next year? Will the voltage go up? How about top speed?

Marty's 92 miles ride through the mountains on a Master Pro

30 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Yet they will sell like hotcakes, despite a record 66% fatal failure rate. Because that’s what people want.

Spot On @mrelwood !!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Of course they would. Bigger number is bigger in the US, no matter the facts.

Begode did provide some wheels as prizes at the AVS races. Perhaps Begode may be interested in growing this market further. The Master was a big hit at this year's AVS. Maybe there is a big enough market for some super fast wheels.

In addition, Marty and his band of merry men and women may well hoard enough of the Master Pro's for their many epic mountainous journeys to make this model profitable. 

Don't forget, Extreme Bull has the 146 V K6 to draw from. By this time next year, 134.4 V will a faint memory. 

even if their wheels went up to 120mph.

Hey, where do we sign up? 

Next year seems to be the year of smaller wheels. At least for IM and KS.

That could be, since they can't seemed to be able to juggle more than one new wheel at a time, and they have hinted at making smaller wheels for the coming year. I hope they will be profitable for them.

Yet they will sell like hotcakes, despite a record 66% fatal failure rate. Because that’s what people want.

Don't knock it, the formula works. The Master sold well. Although, the distributors are crying uncle over the being swamped by the warranty work that they have to do.

Having said that, Kingsong builds one new model, the S22, and this thing required even more warranty support from the distributors' staff, than the Begode wheels.

Also, on Facebook, Kevin at Alien Rides wasn't too happy about swapping out driver boards for the V12 either.

At least with the Begode Master, you can now download the blueprint to make your own new and improved suspension links. 🙂🙂

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@techyiam says: 'By this time next year, 134.4 V will be a faint memory.'  I agree.  I'll bet we are in a process of evolution where what sells survives.  We don't know what an EUC can do so we try everything including bigger and faster wheels like the Master Pro.  We'll keep buying wheels that do something useful and stop building EUCs that don't sell.

I won't predict the upper-limit for EUC size and speed BUT . . . 1) EUC motors, permanent magnets rotating outside of an electromagnetic core, are less efficient the faster they rotate unless somebody figures a way to reduce hysteresis and eddy losses.  EUCs are in a hub-motor configuration for instantaneous, controllable torque that does the balancing.  2) The push for 'higher voltage' wheels is not fully informed.  Everything Electric Unicycle - A Fully Revolutionary Blog - has a good collection of arguments for 'high voltage' wheels BUT, understanding that everything I've read by 'Everything Electric Unicycle is true, they don't emphasize that battery-motor designs are about power:  watt-hours.  Faster wheels need bigger battery packs regardless of voltage. The 'Unlimited' EUC Racing class will be limited by the number of guys who can lift the wheels.  

A thought - LeaperKim could have chosen a 100 volt design for the ShermanS to stay with a lighter, less expensive, high-torque design that will contrast increasingly with the competition as the competition moves to higher speed designs. 

Is a Veteran Sherman lightweight?   :unsure:

Edited by Cress

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

The Master was a big hit at this year's AVS. Maybe there is a big enough market for some super fast wheels.

Sure, just like there is a market for some super fast cars. And race cars. The bread and butter of car sales though has nothing to do with being the fastest, most powerful, heaviest, longest range, or anything superlative for that matter. Individual EUC groups that go for super fast group rides have clearly expressed in having such an illusion though.

I bought a car in the summer. It isn’t very fast and it isn’t the biggest, but it will get the job done much better than either of those would.

I also planned to buy an EUC this year, but no suitable newer models than my current one were being sold, so I didn’t buy anything. And I’ve seen several likeminded decisions being made for the exact same reasons, from other riders that don’t race either.

• Like 1

The Master is it for me. More than the maximum speed I want, as heavy as I can reasonably cope with, and with more range than I am likely to ever need. I can't see how we can go much faster without wind making riding almost impossible. I don't see how we get more crash resistant at those sorts of speeds without making it waaay heavier, and more robust. Battery and Shell material innovations may change the weight and robustness situation, and there is certainly a lot to be improved about safety and redundancy, but something pretty radical will have to happen before I will start feeling that what I have got isn't enough any more. 

And yet I enjoy seeing the manufacturers try, and I have a lot of respect for and muchly enjoy the videos of the racers, jumpers, mad off-roaders and people that really want to push the envelope with these machines. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Sure, just like there is a market for some super fast cars. And race cars. The bread and butter of car sales though has nothing to do with being the fastest, most powerful, heaviest, longest range, or anything superlative for that matter. Individual EUC groups that go for super fast group rides have clearly expressed in having such an illusion though.

Making a wheel for the racing crowd may prove profitable. 

But as it turns out, the Master was also a good seller overall. The Master was the best seller at Alien Rides.

If Begode finds that the Master did well for them, they will surely want to continue to grow this market segment.

The thing is they also make other wheels that sold well.

It is the manufacturers themselves who decide what type of wheels to build for a new model. And they want to build bigger, heavy, and faster wheels.

Case in point:

(1)    S18 -> S22

(2)    V11 -> V12 -> V13

(3)   Hero -> Master -> Master Pro

(4)   EX20S -> EX30

(5)   Commander -> Commander Pro 

(6)   Sherman -> Sherman Max -> Sherman-S 

(7)   RS-19 -> EX.N

It these newly announced wheels don't sell well, they surely won't be doing it again. But if they do well, what type of wheels you think they will build.

Right now and into the new year, choices for big, heavy, fast wheels are pretty stellar. These are the wheels these fast group riders want to buy.

Meanwhile, back in Finland, you are still waiting for a new wheel to buy. Come 2023, these so call smaller lighter wheels may or may not be what you want to buy.

And if it turns out to be the latter, it may be you who will be disillusioned. 

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I bought a car in the summer. It isn’t very fast and it isn’t the biggest, but it will get the job done much better than either of those would.

You making an assumption that the electric wheel market behaves like the car market. In the US, Corolla, Civic class, and the Camry, Accord classes used to be the best sellers. Then came the SUV Craze, and the Rav4 and CRV class became the best sellers. Also don't forget the pickup trucks. They sell crazy well in the US. 

In the electric wheel market, the Sherman Max, V11, S22, V12, and Master are among the best sellers. Among these, the V11, being the lightest, still weighs just a hair below 60 lbs.

Madpack seems to think the electric wheel manufacturers are catering to the US (Canada) market first and foremost. I think that is what is happening.

And on the roads around here, I don't see the light and small wheels. I have seen Sherman's, EX.N's, V12's, V11's, and Abrams.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

• Mango changed the title to Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v