Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

On 11/27/2022 at 11:25 PM, Cress said:

@techyiam says: 'By this time next year, 134.4 V will be a faint memory.'  I agree. 

Do you own a 134.4V wheel? Or have ridden one extensively? Once the suspension is improved with the new linkages Begode is making this will be the best overall wheel on the market, mostly due to the higher voltage. I have NEVER felt more confident on a wheel before this one. This thing has propelled me up hills the RSHT would have had issues with. That paired with being able to achieve high speeds... 134.4V is the future. You get one or the other (speed or torque) with 100V wheels. Having owned an RSHT and an ex20s HS, I've found I need both.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chi-Way Black said:

Do you own a 134.4V wheel? Or have ridden one extensively? Once the suspension is improved with the new linkages Begode is making this will be the best overall wheel on the market, mostly due to the higher voltage. I have NEVER felt more confident on a wheel before this one. This thing has propelled me up hills the RSHT would have had issues with. That paired with being able to achieve high speeds... 134.4V is the future. You get one or the other (speed or torque) with 100V wheels. Having owned an RSHT and an ex20s HS, I've found I need both.

I believe Zen Lee has, except his Master wasn't as heavily modified as Roger's. 🙂

And Zen Lee in his video was asking Begode to up the voltage.

Now you, and the boys at AVS have confirmed that the Begode's 134.4 V motor drive system currently reign supreme.

Well, Begode already has a 146 V motor drive system in a K6 e-scooter.

Perhaps Begode can make this 146 V or higher system perform even better than their 134.4 V system. And when they do, and bring it to market, I pretty sure Zen Lee and Roger would have forgotten all about the 134.4 V system. 🙂

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

@Chi-Way Black - The move to 'high-voltage' designs is an attempt to extract maximum power (watts) and energy (watt-hours) out of batteries.  Batteries have physical limits, motors have physical limits.  Wheels that have both high speed and long range are, necessarily, big and heavy.  Nothing wrong with big and heavy if that's what you want to drive.  We are witnessing and participating in evolution of the EUC.  No single person knows how the EUC will evolve or what place the EUC will have in society.  In technical terms - that's the theory of evolution.

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

I believe Zen Lee has, except his Master wasn't as heavily modified as Roger's. 🙂

And Zen Lee in his video was asking Begode to up the voltage.

Now you, and the boys at AVS have confirmed that the Begode's 134.4 V motor drive system currently reign supreme.

Well, Begode already has a 146 V motor drive system in a K6 e-scooter.

Perhaps Begode can make this 146 V or higher system perform even better than their 134.4 V system. And when they do, and bring it to market, I pretty sure Zen Lee and Roger would have forgotten all about the 134.4 V system. 🙂

Zen Lee seems to want to forget ALL wheels. 
Just keeping his Tesla he says. Isn't that a 84V by the way? (maybe t3 is 100).

Edited by EUCzero

Hey if anyone wants a deal on the Clark Pads front bumper let me know as I'm open to selling mine. The thing is a beast but I don't feel like modifying my DIY fairing at the moment to make it fit. It has not currently been used riding.

Edited by Chi-Way Black

130 miles on the MP now, did 80 mile ride in the mountains today.

These are my issues:

High frequency vibrations (more noticeable when seat riding) felt to get worse when breaking. Going to open up and check if I have the silicone pad and make sure everything is screwed down inside. Tried Medium and Hard mode. Told to stay in Hard mode for less issues.

Metal clanking sound when hitting any bumps. Pretty sure it’s one of the metal fenders (rear) not sure if it’s loose or what. May 3d print my own. Suspension seemed to be working fine. 

Only charges to 133.2V. Same happened to a rider who I rode with today. After a few rides and charges, it started getting to 134.4V for him. Hope this happens for me. Tested each battery pack and all 4 hit 66.1 (they should all be 67.2) my charger is set to the correct voltage and tested fine. Local riders believe the mux is misconfigured. 

• 2 weeks later...

What are the known issues besides these 3 so far?

1.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pifbPjJ8rU  (Huge vibrations in Soft Mode)
  2. Bricking the wheel after update (in the comments from issue 1)
  3. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5612219275542656
  4. [EDIT - Added additional newfound issues] https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5721348207963095 (loose screws that could damage inner moving parts)
  5. Pedal hangers mounting holes too close to the edge (potentially shatter), should be addressed in next batch.

How are the motor/bearings holding against dust and water? Is Master Pro using hollow bore motor?
How is the suspension holding after several months of use in mixed terrains (off road included)?
Any burned motherboards like with the regular Master?

Edited by Nivel

19 minutes ago, Nivel said:

1.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pifbPjJ8rU
  2. Bricking the wheel after update (in the comments from issue 1)
  3. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5612219275542656

How are the motor/bearings holding against dust and water? Is Master Pro using hollow bore motor?
How is the suspension holding after several months of use in mixed terrains (off road included)?
Any burned motherboards like with the regular Master?

I just got mine today and took it for its first ride. I will keep an eye out for these issues.

31 minutes ago, Nivel said:

This was just posted on Facebook today by Ron Lion, regarding BegodeWay's usual poor QC, make sure to check every single screw on your BegodeWay wheels:

Follow this link: Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | Kebye GotWay. Please take a look at this on my MasterPro | Facebook

Or this one for the Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5721348207963095

320565517_925099062207210_41834461445069

Also of note, is the holes to mount the pedal hanger are way too close to the edge of the block which in time can easily break through if Not kept tight and any movement occurs!

I have read elsewhere, that this is to be addressed with a wider pedal hanger with much more meat around the mounting holes on the Newer Master Pro's coming with the metal battery housings.

318810598_1182219512672138_9042974531621

Edited by fbhb

So I got my Master Pro today (upgrade from Monster Pro).

First impressions during 20km ride:

1) A bit heavy but not too bad (I weight 100kg).
2) Too wide, not comfortable to ride unless seated, I got foot fatigue in less than a 20 mins.
3) Amazing Torque when compared to the Monster Pro.
4) Suspension is soft and comfy, but a bit clicky. 
5) Pedals High is acceptable when on the lowest placement.
6) Seat is a bit hard, probably need to get something aftermarket.

QUESTION:

I disabled all alarms in EUC world and begode APP, will I still get the  beeps when below 10% safety margin ?

56 minutes ago, Nivel said:

QUESTION:

I disabled all alarms in EUC world and begode APP, will I still get the  beeps when below 10% safety margin ?

You can't disable the final alarm, it's 75-80% PWM default (don't remember which).

• Like 1

• Mango changed the title to Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

That does look pretty smart for a stock setup, and I almost prefer it to the V13 in terms of colours and angles, but agree about the light - even if it's more effective it looks a bit 'toy-town' for a wheel of such otherwise commanding magnitude, and more than a bit incongruous with the hard lines and angles everywhere else...

I like the tidier back light though, and if that wasn't enough there are 2 flat areas either side of it to mount your additional ones and plenty of space to mount additional front lights to the battery packs, though we might struggle to find cycle lights with perfectly flat backs / angle wedges suitable for mounting them here...

The pads look like they might be kinda hard and bit painful, perhaps even through Leatt shin guards, especially if you have to lean in to them really hard to start it, or have to sustain a long uphill. I noticed that even with the Master before I got grizzlas.

Edited by Cerbera

54 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

It looks to have the metal battery cases that the EX20 has, decent!

Lols was just editing my post to say I spotted those ! For all their QA flaws, they really DO listen to what people want !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

very impressive that they got it not to tip over on that teeny stand... in the grass!

Although I do notice they feel the need for a separate stand !  The new stock one looks a lot beefier than the Master one by the looks of it, though not sure it's any wider, which is where a lot of the instability comes from, and it does still have those 2 hopeless rubber blocks at the totally wrong angle :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

I dunno about these changes to the master pro to be honest. Did anyone even ask for this?

Everyone with the original master pro was saying how sturdy that stand was, especially compared to the regular master. The stand coming from the top made the wheel much more stable. The headlight is such a joke. The new pads stick out further to act as bumpers which is good, but the top of the headlight sticks out past the bumpers, totally defeating the purpose of the bumpers again.

Offroad tire on a mainly street wheel? Atleast the knob pattern wont fall inbetween the knobs on pavement while cornering.

It seems like a sidegrade more than an upgrade. I wonder if the other begode wheels will follow this design. Master is getting the new suspension linkage. Wonder if they are going to redesign that wheel as well

Edited by Cobaltsaber
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I dunno about these changes to the master pro to be honest. Did anyone even ask for this?

Everyone with the original master pro was saying how sturdy that stand was, especially compared to the regular master. The stand coming from the top made the wheel much more stable. The headlight is such a joke. The new pads stick out further to act as bumpers which is good, but the top of the headlight sticks out past the bumpers, totally defeating the purpose of the bumpers again.

Offroad tire on a mainly street wheel? Atleast the knob pattern wont fall inbetween the knobs on pavement while cornering.

It seems like a sidegrade more than an upgrade. I wonder if the other begode wheels will follow this design. Master is getting the new suspension linkage. Wonder if they are going to redesign that wheel as well

The light is most likely secured by one screw on each side so hopefully it just twists to the bumpers angle. 

Metal casing for the batteries is definitely a win for safety and overall stiffness. 

Have you watched some videos of Levi, Milli and other Begode stuff? They are riding a lot on mixed terrain and I guess that asian roads aren't in good shape so knobby tire makes sense for them. Knobby makes the wheel more versatile in my opinion. 

Does anyone also think that this could be the longer travel linkage like on EX30 T4? 

Would love to see this with 

• better linkage
  • metal battery case
  • better waterproofing (able to ride in rain without mods) 
  • brighter taillight (option to turn off blue light in app so it stays red) 
  • headlight with more adjustable range in angle 

Seems like some boxes could be ticked here😃

• Like 1