Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

Hey guys,

this is my first post on the forum and I warmly welcome everyone. I rode on Michelin City Extra tires with my Monster Pro and Sherman Max. I want to install Michelin City Extra tires on Master Pro V2. I've seen that the size 80/90-17 fits, but I'm curious whether a wider tire, like 90 or 100 mm, would also fit. Does anyone know or have tried it before (or could check)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Like 1

Let us know how that goes if you find a suitable one - I have one sitting here for my Master, but in the last 300 miles or so (since all its harsh corners wore down a bit) I have grown really quite fond of that noisy stock CST-186, which is hanging on round all the wet and muddy corners much better than I imagine the City Extra might... I am curious to see both work on the heavier MP2

Edited by Cerbera

On 4/11/2023 at 11:38 AM, Cerbera said:

Let us know how that goes if you find a suitable one - I have one sitting here for my Master, but in the last 300 miles or so (since all its harsh corners wore down a bit) I have grown really quite fond of that noisy stock CST-186, which is hanging on round all the wet and muddy corners much better than I imagine the City Extra might... I am curious to see both work on the heavier MP2

Please let me know what you find I am interested in this tire as well

On 4/11/2023 at 11:38 AM, Cerbera said:

This is my thinking as well. I have a ps2 on my Sherman currently but just yesterday I hit a small patch of mud on pavement and it sent my on my ass. I was fine but I can't imagine how that would have gone with a giant wheel like the master pro. So now I'm considering the shinko 244 or keeping it stock like you. Is there any vibrations with the knobs? Or does the suspension eat them up 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2023 at 7:33 PM, MrRobot said:

This is my thinking as well. I have a ps2 on my Sherman currently but just yesterday I hit a small patch of mud on pavement and it sent my on my ass. I was fine but I can't imagine how that would have gone with a giant wheel like the master pro. So now I'm considering the shinko 244 or keeping it stock like you. Is there any vibrations with the knobs? Or does the suspension eat them up 

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. However, it appears that the Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tire you used is primarily designed for street use. In contrast, I have personally traveled approximately 1,000 kilometers on trails using the Sherman Max (VSM) with City Extra tire, and have had no issues. I am pleasantly surprised by how well the City Extra tire perform on trails, and I would even go so far as to say that they provide almost the same level of traction as the default knobby tire on the VSM (Kenda K262). In my opinion, the City Extra tire are perfect for my needs.

On 4/11/2023 at 12:38 PM, Cerbera said:

CST186 is an awesome tire ! I’ve put 7500km (4660) miles on mine since last summer and it still has a little tread left..I was looking to buy a new tire and then just ended up buying a new master pro v2 🤣🤣🫶

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 5:46 PM, sr71_adrenaline said:

Hey guys,

this is my first post on the forum and I warmly welcome everyone. I rode on Michelin City Extra tires with my Monster Pro and Sherman Max. I want to install Michelin City Extra tires on Master Pro V2. I've seen that the size 80/90-17 fits, but I'm curious whether a wider tire, like 90 or 100 mm, would also fit. Does anyone know or have tried it before (or could check)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Guys, there is an option to mount wider tire. Yusufcan Aktas in:

mounted 90/90 on Master Pro: 

I did put 5mm nuts for each screw that holds the batteries. It is impossible for the tire to rub with this setup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

U-stride a bit blown away by his Master Pro - likes it more than the V13 !!

He rode it like a motorcycle in traffic. He seemed to be able to bond with these big wheels very well, very quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, techyiam said:

He rode it like a motorcycle in traffic. He seemed to be able to bond with these big wheels very well, very quickly.

Yeah, he is quite a unit of a guy, and tall, and really leans into his wheels - no wonder Begode and the dealers send them to him for a proper rinsing...

He's also a proper Begode Fanboy, not that you'd know it from how happy he looked on the V13, but I know what he means when he says there is a certain Begode magic that is missing from other brands. And despite some bias I always find his videos very well thought out and he always raises some interesting points I find...

Nice to know that 'Begode Secret Sauce' doesn't change as their quality slowly improves.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah, he is quite a unit of a guy, and tall, and really leans into his wheels - no wonder Begode and the dealers send them to him for a proper rinsing...

He's also a proper Begode Fanboy, not that you'd know it from how happy he looked on the V13, but I know what he means when he says there is a certain Begode magic that is missing from other brands. And despite some bias I always find his videos very well thought out and he always raises some interesting points I find...

Nice to know that 'Begode Secret Sauce' doesn't change as their quality slowly improves.

Not very surprised by his thoughts or the fact that a v13 rides very much like an inmotion wheel and master pro rides like a begode. 

What I found interesting is that before jumping on the master pro, he found the v13 to be an extremely fun ride. 

Makes me think if you haven't ridden a begode wheel,  you may not notice what a performance based wheel should be tuned like.

Maybe companies like inmotion and kingsong should do some r and d into tuning their higher performing wheels a bit differently than their other wheels. 

7 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Maybe companies like inmotion and kingsong should do some r and d into tuning their higher performing wheels a bit differently than their other wheels. 

I am not sure whether this approach will allow them to make conquest sales, and still keep their existing customers.

I will use the following example to make my point.

Thanks to a very friendly and generous rider at a recent event, I was able to try out his personal EX30. Not a demo wheel. The pads were not stock too.

I got on it fine, and but from that moment on, the EX30 felt completely foreign. I rode to the event on my Abrams, and I have been only riding my Abrams for the last couple of months. The EX30 corners completely different than what I am used to. At the event, I was riding on a really tight track, but the EX30 only can turn that sharp with the whole wheel leaned right over. Whereas, on my Abrams and on the V13, these big wheels can make the same corners and at similar cornering speeds without leaning nearly as much. Plus, the cornering process is gradual,  not abrupt. Moreover, I found it was awkward to balance at those angles. It was an unexpected foreign behavior to me. However, the EX30 gave a very solid, premium feel, and the ease of acceleration and braking was good too. But I wasn't comfortable riding it right away.

In contrast, I found the V13 the most natural to move to, from my Abrams. The V13 does feel like a real upgrade to my Abrams. The V13 was easier to ride and was more fun to ride too. 

When I spoke to other riders there, one rider felt that the V13 was the wheel he felt least natural for him to ride, not the EX30.

I am contemplating to stop riding my Abrams and get back on my V12 for a while, and then hop on an EX30 and see what unfolds. 

Edited by techyiam

3 hours ago, Cerbera said:

The Master Pro was lent to him by euc vibes. The V13 imo is the superior wheel between the 2. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Can’t comment on whether a change in tuning would be beneficial for high speed wheels, but the Begode ride feel already exists, so I don’t see a point in others trying to copy similar behavior.

Fwiw, I hated the ride feel on my MSX, and I’ve hated or disliked every GotWay/Begode I’ve tried. To me the V11 rides so much better in every single aspect. I’m not a high speed rider, but if I were, the more I’d stay away from Begodes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ronin Ryder said:

The Master Pro was lent to him by euc vibes. The V13 imo is the superior wheel between the 2. 

It's obviously superior in build quality, but U-stride is not the first person to prefer the bigger Begodes over it in terms of ride feel. I think I have noted at least 3 other people who prefer them based on that too, although I think nearly all of those people are mega long range riders, so maybe it appeals to them more in that respect as well...

If my Master ever dies in a serious way (and it seems likely !) I will be seriously torn between V13, Master Pro and EX-30 myself, but, I have an inkling, that no matter how well those IM's are built I am still gonna want the Gotway feel more than the safety... though obviously ideally I'd like both ! Let's hope I can keep mine going til Begode match their safety and QC standards (I can dream !)...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Can’t comment on whether a change in tuning would be beneficial for high speed wheels, but the Begode ride feel already exists, so I don’t see a point in others trying to copy similar behavior.

Fwiw, I hated the ride feel on my MSX, and I’ve hated or disliked every GotWay/Begode I’ve tried. To me the V11 rides so much better in every single aspect. I’m not a high speed rider, but if I were, the more I’d stay away from Begodes.

good point that there is room for both ride feels. I will say this about inmotions software, the flexibility with tuning everything is nice to have. I wouldnt be surprised if you can adjust the settings to emulate something closer to the begode feel. I know you probably can't copy it exactly but i bet you can change it enough to find a good middle ground. I wonder if U stride messed with the settings at all, or just left it as it was set. I dont think i have even come close to trying all the different variables on my V12.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://e-rides.com/product/e-rides-honeycomb-pedals-wolverine/

These are the pedals u stride recommended because they have adjustable angles and "heel toe assist".

From what I understand though the stock pedals angles are also adjustable he might just not have known this? 

How are the stock pedals in general? Is the heel toe assist a gimmick or are these worth it over stock? 

Edited by MrRobot

For those who are shopping for a long range cruiser, the Eevees boys are at it again. This time Eevees took an in depth look at the Master Pro V2. One can ride from Vancouver to Whistler on one charge on this bad boy.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, Cerbera said:

It's obviously superior in build quality, but U-stride is not the first person to prefer the bigger Begodes over it in terms of ride feel. I think I have noted at least 3 other people who prefer them based on that too, although I think nearly all of those people are mega long range riders, so maybe it appeals to them more in that respect as well...

If my Master ever dies in a serious way (and it seems likely !) I will be seriously torn between V13, Master Pro and EX-30 myself, but, I have an inkling, that no matter how well those IM's are built I am still gonna want the Gotway feel more than the safety... though obviously ideally I'd like both ! Let's hope I can keep mine going til Begode match their safety and QC standards (I can dream !)...

Here’s why i think the V13 is superior if i had to choose between them (i owned both) Range is not everything, it’s mostly use case based.

Edited by Ronin Ryder

22 hours ago, techyiam said:

For those who are shopping for a long range cruiser, the Eevees boys are at it again. This time Eevees took an in depth look at the Master Pro V2. One can ride from Vancouver to Whistler on one charge on this bad boy.

That phantom power drain problem (at 15:45) is worrying. I wonder if all V2s have that issue and I wonder if V1 had that issue.

I hate the cyclops look btw. And they should have kept the old kickstand.

54 minutes ago, Esso said:

That phantom power drain problem (at 15:45) is worrying.

Maybe, maybe not. It isn't clear whether it is a bug, or a feature, yet. 

For example, on a brand new RadPower Rover 6 Plus, it will self drain to about 80% from fully charge. And then the self-discharge becomes normally slow. 

In Liam's batch of EX30's, supposedly, it has been supposedly fixed. We would know more when some of those owners would kindly share with us their experiences.

My master pro is looking so good now.it came with the metal battery cases ,upgraded suspension .they were gunna send me the upgraded cyclops light but I kind of like the 4 lights maybe I’ll keep that one as a backup and they are super bright when night riding not sure why people didn’t like the 4 lights  other than they aren’t pointable up or down .I got the Clark pad system and the new King Kong biopads yesterday and wow the handling is so much better now !

C63F5913-BBE4-4D03-BD15-FCAE51895B8B.jpeg

U-stride has just posted another excellent video documenting the 'fun' he is having on his review Master Pro...

Useful not only for his ride impressions, but also shows him getting constant safety margin alarms in response to aggressive acceleration with EUCW, and in that it highlights the often under-appreciated danger we find ourselves in with these big, high machines from both wind and unexpected terrain challenges !

His gear saves him from a nasty fall, but takes quite some damage in doing so, as does the wheel, which gets a vast crack down one of the old style plastic battery cases.

I think the new ones provided are metal now, and this goes to show how much that change was necessary, or how much extra padding you need to do on Master / Master Pros with the older plastic battery packs (like mine for example). 

Fortunately, I had enough time while mine was on preorder to fully think through all the padding plans that might be required ! I think my machine, extra protected as it now is, by Grizzla fairings, stock padding AND additional home-added stuff, would have survived unscathed had it had the same accident as him...

image.png.2935ae0156bba54172fe8cb363492496.png

As you can see there is no part of my battery packs that is unprotected on the front sides, and this video rather reinforces how important that protection is...

Edited by Cerbera