Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

Ah, Congrats, you have already received your Master Pro. 

So, ... does the Master Pro brake as well as the EX30, better then the V13, assuming you have managed to put some power pads on the Master Pro? 

I havent had a chance to ride it yet... I did orrdr the Clark pads bumpers and fairing system. In the meantime I'm going to try and get the stock pads set up with my grizzla pads today. Will need to cut and shave some off. 

As for braking, I've ridden a master pro before and it brakes better than the v13. Acceleration is much better too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Be careful, local guy got one about a month ago and already had a cut out.

FB-IMG-1694739943571.jpg

Resized-FB-IMG-1694739938112.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/people/Keegen-Delivers/100094541139961/

That's an ex20. I don't know of any master pro cutout that's no user error. The ex20 was really heavy with a weak motor. So it was an easy wheel to over torque, also the motherboards were easy to fry on those. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

How can you tell? The tire diameter? Sorry thought he said it was a pro.

The big red shock linkage sticking out the back of the wheel.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

How can you tell? The tire diameter? Sorry thought he said it was a pro.

My buddy had an ex20. The silver trim around the battery boxes, the seat, the W on the pedal and the rear suspension linkage. Also went to that person's Facebook account its an ex20. 

• Thanks 1

I installed the hou linkages and it's great. I can have 250psi and it won't bottom out hopping off a curb like the stock linkages did with 300psi. Also with 300psi, bumps would be sort of jarring... The new linkages help out a ton and it's cushier as I can ride on a lower psi. 

• 2 weeks later...

So a friend got the Clark pad system and they do a great job protecting the wheel but they add some bulk. So I decided to go with the BBQ Pads and I'm happy. They protect what needs protecting and I like the minimalist styling. The handle is amazing for seated riding as well. 

The pad setup and the fairings are great. It really let's you throw your weight into it. I was able to pull 12k watts from the motor. 

20231001_224930.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trailless said:

So I decided to go with the BBQ Pads and I'm happy.

Do you have a link to this system?

3 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Do you have a link to this system?

He doesn't have a website. You either message him on Facebook or Instagram. On the EUC facebook pages look up, Matthew Anthony. On Instagram look up BBQ Prints. 

He lives in California and the pads were at my house in 5 days. He also makes pads for a lot of other wheels. 

38 minutes ago, trailless said:

You either message him on Facebook

Thanks, messaged him on Facebook.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 8:08 PM, RyanW said:

My Master Pro is making the same noise when torquing or braking hard after upgrading to the latest firmware.  Seems to be worse in Race Mode

From the motor? It's normal with the new update. 

10 hours ago, trailless said:

Upgraded the linkages on the master pro and installed a rockshox shock. The 600lb spring is too stiff, even with the softest compression setting on the shock. Ordered a 450lb spring and i think that'll be perfect. 

20231101_204626.jpg

20231101_204615.jpg

Measure how much sag you are getting, most rockshox come with mid-tune compression dampening which is a bit stiff for our use case, low-tune feels much better.

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Measure how much sag you are getting, most rockshox come with mid-tune compression dampening which is a bit stiff for our use case, low-tune feels much better.

I'm not getting any sag at all. I ordered the 450lb spring and will check then. Even if it's too soft with that spring, I can always adjust compression on the shock. 

16 minutes ago, trailless said:

I'm not getting any sag at all. I ordered the 450lb spring and will check then. Even if it's too soft with that spring, I can always adjust compression on the shock. 

Sure but what I am saying is that mid-tuned rockshox have too much compression even at the lowest setting for our usecase :( so will feel stiff even then.

No sag doesn't sound great, are you sure your suspension is not locked up? Don't see how it wouldn't move at all with you standing on it? Aim for 25-30%-ish sag.

51 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Sure but what I am saying is that mid-tuned rockshox have too much compression even at the lowest setting for our usecase :( so will feel stiff even then.

No sag doesn't sound great, are you sure your suspension is not locked up? Don't see how it wouldn't move at all with you standing on it? Aim for 25-30%-ish sag.

I do remember reading about that midtuned compression on the rockshox. 

But it's not locked out, It does compression when cycling it by hopping up and down and riding. 

• 2 weeks later...

You go through battery quickly at speed and the colder weather... it was about 55°f and just 20miles of riding got me down to 45% battery...

Average Riding Speed 33.9mph and top speed of 50.7 mph.

Edited by trailless
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is my Master Pro V2 with an EX30 motor, board and screen. 

The motor/wheel was a direct swap. No mods needed.

As for the main board... I was told that I could flash the master pro board to the EX30 firmware, but that wasn't the case. Everytime I tried to update to the EX30 firmware, it would stop at 0% or 1%. One time it bricked the wheel and I had to use EUC World instead of the Begode app to update the firmware back to the Master Pro firmware. So I ended up ordering the EX30 main board and screen. Now this is where the most modding needed to happen. The EX30 and Master Pro boards have different mounting holes. Some people get the EX30 tray to fit the EX30 board in as that comes with the holes pre-tapped. But once I received the EX30 board, I found that it fit in the master pro tray.

The 2 front mounting holes lined up perfectly but the rears didn't line up. So I ended up drilling and tapping new holes into the tray. But, by using the 2 front stock holes to line up the EX30 board, the board is a bit close to the chargeboard. It doesn't interfere and the main board and charge board barley don't touch. So that's the route I took. The next mods I had to do was to cut the bolts shorter. The stock long bolts work fine for the 2 front holes. Then you need shorter bolts for the rear mounts for the screen. Then for the rear main board mounts, you need even shorter screws. I just cut the 4 bolts to size and it worked perfectly. Also, I ended up filling the mounting holes with black caulking, just to be safe making sure there's no water ingress. Also by using the stock front mounting holes, the buttons on the Master Pro screen line up just fine with the buttons on the plastic cover.

One last thing was that you also need to put thermal paste on the bottom of the mainboard so it's touching the metal tray. 

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to take it for a spin. 

• Like 2