Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

18 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Good eye! I noticed the rip in the foam as well and the employee told me that it happened when they took it out of the box 

Yeah loads came ripped with the original Masters' too, including mine, though it was promptly replaced by my lovely dealer. They will not stop just dropping them in the box any old how, and hoping for the best, which would be an ill-conceived plan even if they had thought of a genius method of unboxing that didn't involve laboriously wrangling the wheel free of its container, thereby exposing the entangled pads to the full weight of the machine...

You can treat, big bulky pads like that, but all Begode's have little thin weak parts that are just asking to rip if looked at wrong...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 1

I dont know why everybody complains about the headlight, it is an obviously deliberate design choice that, IMHO, forms a nice counterpoint to the extremely angular and sharp edged design of the rest of the wheel. Try to actually imagine what that wheel would look like with a rectangular headlight - the light might "fit in" better, but the overall design of the whole wheel would look boring, and possibly over the top with all the angular stuff. It also seems like Begode is developing a coherent modern design language with the family resemblance of the Mten4 and the Master Pro.

Edited by mhpr262

13 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

I dont know why everybody complains about the headlight, it is an obviously deliberate design choice that, IMHO, forms a nice counterpoint to the extremely angular and sharp edged design of the rest of the wheel. Try to actually imagine what that wheel would look like with a rectangular headlight - the light might "fit in" better, but the overall design of the whole wheel would look boring, and possibly over the top with all the angular stuff. It also seems like Begode is developing a coherent modern design language with the family resemblance of the Mten4 and the Master Pro.

I'm just saying I don't like the way it looks. Seeing it in person, the light looks more out of place than seeing it in the stock photos. Some will like it and that's cool, I just prefer the V1 lights like the EX30.

Edited by Clem604

I could kinda care less about the shape/look of the headlight personally, I'm just excited about the range, size, and weight of the wheel. As long as it stays rubber down and performs well, looks be dammed :eff02518bb: YMMV of course.

I am curious how different the beam pattern and throw is with the new light. I suspect that it will be a better throw than the original, which is a good change in my view.

Edited by Zalagator

• 2 weeks later...

If you are buying a Master Pro how do you know you are not getting a Master X?  Some sellers seem to have some really good prices on the Master Pro.  With the new metal battery boxes the published weight of the wheel is wrong now.  Buying a used wheel could get even more confusing.  How would you verify it's 4800wh?

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

If you are buying a Master Pro how do you know you are not getting a Master X?  Some sellers seem to have some really good prices on the Master Pro.  With the new metal battery boxes the published weight of the wheel is wrong now.  Buying a used wheel could get even more confusing.  How would you verify it's 4800wh?

1.2 kWh of battery is significant weight.

So weigh it.

Visual inspection will tell you whether the battery boxes are plastic or not. Also, the headlight and parking stand will differentiate the two versions.

If the boxes are metal then you have to add a few pounds to offset the additional weight. 

In one of the Begode Groups on Facebook, someone with ties to Begode mentioned about the weight difference. I don't remember the actual number. 

Here is the logic.

Master Pro v1 with plastic boxes weighs 118 lbs.

Master X v1 with plastic boxes weigh about 106 lbs.

Master Pro v2 with metal boxes weighs some lbs over 118, very roughly 125+ lbs.

Master X with metal boxes weighs about 106 + some lbs.

If the battery boxes are plastic, the weights are known. 

If the battery boxes are metal, and it weighs some pounds over 118 lbs. then it is a Master Pro v2, otherwise it is a Master X v2.

On the bottom right.

Suspensions-Wheels-Dimensions-Weights-V4

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

When buying used, a replaced tire and pads can affect the weight. Are the free spin speeds identical as well?

The weights in this eWheels pic is pre-metal battery box update too.  But the difference should be similar just both should be heavier.

• Upvote 1

My initial thoughts on the v2:

I'm not impressed with the new light design: the lens is a plastic fresnel lens, and came installed with the ridges outward. I've purchased some headlight protective plastic to cover the lens, and will likely put the ridges inward as long as the beam pattern is similar.

Since the light hangs so low, simply removing the wheel from the shipping box and rolling it two feet dislodged the buzzer from the back of the light: the buzzer was siliconed onto the back of the light along with a single set screw. When the shock has no air, the tire hits the buzzer & light, and immediately knocked the buzzer off. I'm not sure why the light was mounted so low on the bracket, since there is plenty of room, and mounting it even 1/2 inch higher would have prevented this.

Other than the light issues the wheel looks great. I'm looking forward to getting it out on the road for a test ride soon.

Buzzer.jpg

Light.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Zalagator said:

My initial thoughts on the v2:

I'm not impressed with the new light design: the lens is a plastic fresnel lens, and came installed with the ridges outward. I've purchased some headlight protective plastic to cover the lens, and will likely put the ridges inward as long as the beam pattern is similar.

Since the light hangs so low, simply removing the wheel from the shipping box and rolling it two feet dislodged the buzzer from the back of the light: the buzzer was siliconed onto the back of the light along with a single set screw. When the shock has no air, the tire hits the buzzer & light, and immediately knocked the buzzer off. I'm not sure why the light was mounted so low on the bracket, since there is plenty of room, and mounting it even 1/2 inch higher would have prevented this.

Other than the light issues the wheel looks great. I'm looking forward to getting it out on the road for a test ride soon.

Buzzer.jpg

Light.jpg

What tire is that?  New stock tire?

1 hour ago, Zalagator said:

Yup, new tire on the v2.

Details?   Make?  Model?  Thanks!

Just now, Zalagator said:

Tire is a CST C-7201-27 2.75-17 41P  DOT TEXX 3922  4 P.R., this guy: https://ridersoutlet.co.nz/products/cst-c7201

So is this the stock tire or a special order you made?

For anyone else who can't stand flathead bolts in non-countersunk holes, the 8 offending bolts on the v2 are M5-0.8 x 12 mm in size. They are the silver bolts pictured below. You can replace them with socket cap or button head variants, which look much better, and are the black socket head bolts pictured below.

It's small yes, but it was annoying me.

Right.jpg

Wrong.jpg

Edited by Zalagator
  • Like 1

I went for a first ride yesterday, and did 22mi (35km) round trip. Here are some of my experiences, thoughts, and tips thus far:

- Probably doesn't need to be said, but this is definitely a wheel for experienced riders. Do not consider this wheel as a first wheel.

- The provided pump cannot clear the rim on the straight valve stem, so it cannot be used to check tire pressure/inflate the tire without some sort of 90 degree extension.

- The wheel feels squirrely to me at times. Lowering the tire pressure helped a little. The stock pads put my feet a little too far forward on the pedals (size 14 US shoes), and the fact that they tore in two spots when simply placing them onto the wheel did not inspire confidence.

- I weigh 250lbs (113kg), and so I settled on putting that into the shock. This seemed about right. Make sure the rebound adjuster is open, otherwise you will knock the buzzer off the back of the light - due to no rebound.

- The wheel loves going fast, and feels considerably different than my EX.N HS, especially in curves/turns - you can really feel the weight of it. I have the pedal hangers in the lowest position, and the wheel seems slightly unstable at times. I recall a similar feeling when I went from the V8F to the EX.N though, so I'm not too worried. I imagine there will be some break-in (for my leg muscles) until I get the hang of a wheel that is twice the size of my previous one.

- I momentarily forgot the effects of hand signals and wind when riding above 40mph (64kph). Be aware, your outstretched hand is like a sail at higher speeds.

- I used about 30% of my battery in the 22mi (35km) round trip, Most of that was above 35mph (56kph).

So far I'm pleased with the wheel, but disappointed in some of the quality aspects. For the cost, things should not be breaking and tearing right out of the box. The light/buzzer placement is bad, and the quality of the foam is abysmal.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zalagator said:

- The provided pump cannot clear the rim on the straight valve stem, so it cannot be used to check tire pressure/inflate the tire without some sort of 90 degree extension.

I don't know about the valve haven't looked closely (straight valve, really?!) but the pump you get with these Begode wheels are high PSI pumps for the suspension and not for the tire, just a FYI. 😁

29 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I don't know about the valve haven't looked closely (straight valve, really?!) but the pump you get with these Begode wheels are high PSI pumps for the suspension and not for the tire, just a FYI. 😁

The pump that come with the v2 has a setting for tire inflation: HV (High Volume), and shock inflation: HP (High Pressure), so one would think that they intended on it being for both the shock and tire, and yet... Yes, the tire valve is straight and the pump will not attach to the tire valve.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zalagator said:

The pump that come with the v2 has a setting for tire inflation: HV (High Volume), and shock inflation: HP (High Pressure), so one would think that they intended on it being for both the shock and tire, and yet... Yes, the tire valve is straight and the pump will not attach to the tire valve.

Ah nice, usually it's just high pressure but seems like an oversight if it doesn't even fit on the valve..

On 2/10/2023 at 12:47 AM, Paul A said:

Major Issue with Begode Master Pro After 150 miles!

1.71K subscribers

Jan 31, 2023

Mind you guys.

This was all covered under warranty.

But if you know anything about bearings. Cheap stock Chinese bearings are terrible.

If you can go on ahead and upgrade, do it. It makes a world of a difference.

Rolls so much smoother, and easier. Less drag. So essentially better range as your stressing your battery less.

Highly recommend the $200 upgrade. Let’s Gooo!

Wow what’s crazy is I put 4300 miles on my Rshighspeed just last summer and fall and have rode thru some big puddles and lots of mud and some snow and my bearings are fine still I expected to have to change them by now but there still good 🤣

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 6:47 AM, Paul A said:

Major Issue with Begode Master Pro After 150 miles!

1.71K subscribers

Jan 31, 2023

Mind you guys.

This was all covered under warranty.

But if you know anything about bearings. Cheap stock Chinese bearings are terrible.

If you can go on ahead and upgrade, do it. It makes a world of a difference.

Rolls so much smoother, and easier. Less drag. So essentially better range as your stressing your battery less.

Highly recommend the $200 upgrade. Let’s Gooo!

correction: "Cheap stock Chinese bearings are terrible."

should read " Terrible Chinese stock bearings are cheap "

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends, Does anyone know for sure if the suspension linkage system is the same in measurements as the Master 2400?

Has anyone tried the new Begode linkages, which they say improve system performance and so much pressure on the shock absorber is not necessary?