Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

5 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Apparently the whole motor burned during a hill climb, too much power output for motor to handle.

If this is true: That is a testament to the board! We're at a point where the board is strong enough so the motor (the motor!) fries first. What a change from the old days!

Pretty cool. Minus the entire motor frying part... not sure how to fix that. Just make everything even stronger? You think their new C40 motor can take more?

Can't wait to hear what exactly broke.

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If this is true: That is a testament to the board! We're at a point where the board is strong enough so the motor (the motor!) fries first. What a change from the old days!

Pretty cool. Minus the entire motor frying part... not sure how to fix that. Just make everything even stronger? You think their new C40 motor can take more?

Can't wait to hear what exactly broke.

I think regardless they need to put a firmware limit to prevent it from happening, temp sensor would have been nice to have also.

Josh (the owner) shared two videos on telegram showing the aftermath inside the motor, lots of burnmarks all around the coils:

image.png.67e74b1838a66258f46fc1e2025d1fca.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Well, that's what awaits my V2... since I want it to do "fun" Off Road...

I hope it was bad luck...

What you explain is very strange.

I would like to know more details about what happened...

Just now, BULL said:

Well, that's what awaits my V2... since I want it to do "fun" Off Road...

I hope it was bad luck...

What you explain is very strange.

I would like to know more details about what happened...

It's not about luck, controller can deliver more power than motor can handle, if Begode don't update firmware and put a limit in there everyone is at risk if you push your wheel hard.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

And why in the Master 2400 nothing happens...?

I heard that the EX20S was "neutered" by firmware so as not to burn the motor... but I hope that the Master Pro has improved this situation.

2 minutes ago, BULL said:

And why in the Master 2400 nothing happens...?

I heard that the EX20S was "neutered" by firmware so as not to burn the motor... but I hope that the Master Pro has improved this situation.

Different controller and firmware?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BULL said:

I would like to know the hill he wanted to do...the weight of the rider...and the situation that happened...:wacko:

He's 200lb/90kg, went up a long steep hill, wheel dropped after about 45 seconds going up the hill his words.

I weigh more and done worse on the Sherman Max and S22, good news is that this is a firmware issue, bad news is that we need to wait for Begode to acknowledge, fix it and hopefully communicate that they did.

4 minutes ago, BULL said:

Worse with the Sherman Max? With the S22?

what happened?:blink1:

Worse??:confused1:

Done worse as in going up steep hills for longer periods of time than 45 seconds without anything breaking.

Impressive, I guess IM was ahead of the game with the extra thicc wiring. You would think the 4500 watt rating on the motor would make it hard to overheat, but on a long steep hill that might have been exceeded for a significant duration.

• Sad 1

Major Issue with Begode Master Pro After 150 miles!

1.71K subscribers

Jan 31, 2023

Mind you guys.

This was all covered under warranty.

But if you know anything about bearings. Cheap stock Chinese bearings are terrible.

If you can go on ahead and upgrade, do it. It makes a world of a difference.

Rolls so much smoother, and easier. Less drag. So essentially better range as your stressing your battery less.

Highly recommend the $200 upgrade. Let’s Gooo!

47 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Major Issue with Begode Master Pro After 150 miles!

Yeah that one got me on the Master too. I had the crunchy knocking after getting caught out in the wet. Fortunately, LiquiMoly Marine saved having to change the whole bearing. Has been running silently ever since (touch wood etc).

• Like 2

Talk about Begode ‘good enough - Pass’ fool-osophy, they must know there’s an army of suckers willing buyers out there - still, a great way to add to /transform the value of your investment, as well as making it a bit more ‘fit for purpose’.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:17 AM, BULL said:

I own an EX20S and a Master Molicell. And soon owner of a Master Pro V2.

I like doing "fun" Off Road and I'm nervous to do something crazy with my future V2!

Is big? Yeah!!

heavy? YEAH!!!!!

But it has 22" and an engine that I fall in love with and I'm nervous about driving it!

My doubts are the linkage and suspension system. I believe and there are people who say that it is the same system as the "Master 2400".

I have the Tomasello ones and they work very, very well! And I want to know if the system of the Pro is the same.

I also have to see if the original shock is improved and no longer has the flaws of the first versions of the Master. I really want to ride with this "little wheel" and see its behavior in Off Road!

I will soon be ordering one aswell .this is what Jason from ewheels sent me on all the upgrades of the v2 master pro 

5FE7843B-1AD9-4F47-8715-CB0A8632EB14.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Adel said:

There needs to be a quick v3 redesign of this wheel to redo the front ( both headlight and pads) and also put back the old rear stand

Give it a week…….

• Haha 2

Ugly/puzzling design choices and the usual poor-quality choice of materials, seeing as this Brand New V2 Master Pro looks to already have a huge rip in the left-hand side of the top pad/seat foam!

7 hours ago, fbhb said:

Ugly/puzzling design choices and the usual poor-quality choice of materials, seeing as this Brand New V2 Master Pro looks to already have a huge rip in the left-hand side of the top pad/seat foam!

Good eye! I noticed the rip in the foam as well and the employee told me that it happened when they took it out of the box 

• Sad 1