Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

On 5/22/2023 at 10:22 AM, Cerbera said:

U-stride has just posted another excellent video documenting the 'fun' he is having on his review Master Pro...

Useful not only for his ride impressions, but also shows him getting constant safety margin alarms in response to aggressive acceleration with EUCW, and in that it highlights the often under-appreciated danger we find ourselves in with these big, high machines from both wind and unexpected terrain challenges !

His gear saves him from a nasty fall, but takes quite some damage in doing so, as does the wheel, which gets a vast crack down one of the old style plastic battery cases.

I think the new ones provided are metal now, and this goes to show how much that change was necessary, or how much extra padding you need to do on Master / Master Pros with the older plastic battery packs (like mine for example). 

Fortunately, I had enough time while mine was on preorder to fully think through all the padding plans that might be required ! I think my machine, extra protected as it now is, by Grizzla fairings, stock padding AND additional home-added stuff, would have survived unscathed had it had the same accident as him...

image.png.2935ae0156bba54172fe8cb363492496.png

As you can see there is no part of my battery packs that is unprotected on the front sides, and this video rather reinforces how important that protection is...

‘Stride had a lucky escape, in that we ain’t reading his obituary, given the amount of traffic through which he was pushing the limits. Lucky too, that it was the street that gave him his ‘reality check’ and not the vehicle/s immediately behind him - it’s not a playground, nor a race track. As he is I understand a father, I hope he will reflect on this, his latest misadventure.     Ride to the known conditions, in traffic if you must, but always with a mind to what may be waiting just around the next turn…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I am not surprised that he crashed, even the first couple seconds of the video had me flinching constantly with how fast and recklessly he was riding on the narrow city streets, with cars, obstacles and driveways everywhere. Some people ride like nobody has ever told them that sometimes unexpected stuff happens.

Especially with a wheel of this size. It's not going to stop on a dime... Going fast is easy, stopping fast not so much

• Upvote 2

On 5/23/2023 at 2:11 PM, Freeforester said:

Stride had a lucky escape

4 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I am not surprised that he crashed, even the first couple seconds of the video had me flinching constantly with how fast and recklessly he was riding on the narrow city streets, with cars, obstacles and driveways everywhere. Some people ride like nobody has ever told them that sometimes unexpected stuff happens.

1 hour ago, MrRobot said:

Especially with a wheel of this size. It's not going to stop on a dime...

Yes, just wanted to clarify that I consider his video 'excellent' mainly in that I enjoy his 'stream of consciousness' style reviews, and I quite like that he rinses his wheels to the max and really tries hard to find their limits. And whilst I am rather in awe of his obvious skill and bravery in riding like that, I can't condone the recklessness of it in those circumstances either, and, even though he is a massively experienced rider, agree he seems unprepared for the unexpected on this run. 

• Like 1

Enjoyed this video by U-stride too, comparing the MP to the V13 in the real world ridings. One of those machines completes the review alive, and the other... does not... see if you can predict which one dies before watching !

Interesting comparisons between the 2 wheels, but the main take-aways are that the MP feels better in acceleration, is faster to get to higher speeds, and feels less weighty in the turns, but is also MUCH more susceptible to crosswind. 

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

‘Stride takes it to the limit! And, er, just a tad over, it would appear. A potentially costly review for our man!

He hasn't been having great luck recently... first the bottom dropped out of his suspension while riding the V13, then he crashed the MP, and now his V13 batteries die on him ! I give him full marks for perseverance ! If anyone hasn't seen the update, he is eventually able to turn the V13 off by holding down power for 60 seconds, and although it reboots with the same error message, it does balance, and gets him home OK.

23 hours ago, Cerbera said:

but is also MUCH more susceptible to crosswind. 

He said it was the shape of the wheel that caused it but I very much doubt this. The aerodynamic effects of the shape of the EUC shell must be absolutely negligible compared to other factors like pedal height, wheel diameter and most of all the tire/rim/tire pressure combo. Not to mention rider size and clothes. He is pulling all those statements about aerodynamics out of his behind.

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

He said it was the shape of the wheel that caused it but I very much doubt this. The aerodynamic effects of the shape of the EUC shell must be absolutely negligible compared to other factors like pedal height, wheel diameter and most of all the tire/rim/tire pressure combo. Not to mention rider size and clothes. He is pulling all those statements about aerodynamics out of his behind.

Well, he's telling us how it feels, and I can't really blame him for speculating about the reasons, but I agree with you that it is unlikely to be the boxiness of the shape that makes it tippy. I don't have an MP, only an original Master, but that is similarly tippy, and in much the same sort of way I imagine. My primary suspects as to the reason is mainly pedal height and top-heaviness, though the stock CST on the Master makes this a lot worse, which shouldn't apply to his MP, which uses a much more rounded type of street tyre...

16 hours ago, Cerbera said:

though the stock CST on the Master makes this a lot worse, which shouldn't apply to his MP, which uses a much more rounded type of street tyre...

I think the influence of the cross section of a tire is not nearly appreciated and discussed enough in the EUC community. The shape of a the front tire of a motorcycle is known to have a HUGE effecton the riding characteristics of the bike, and I suspect with EUCs the effect iss greater still. 

I have never riddden a Z10 or had the chance to look at one closely, but privately I suspect that the tramlining effect and squirreliness it was notorious for was mainly due to the cross section of the 4'' tire, not its width.

• Upvote 1

Slim rim and high pedals are why he’s feeling this. Especially with the wind issues…this is a terrible wheel for high speed imo, because it requires more effort to be stable under the wind.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Nivel said:

Have anyone tried the Race Firmware on the Master Pro?

@MrRobot has.

I also flashes the firmware and in Racemode the Torque is great, about 20% more, however when braking there is HUGE grinding noise and vibration which IMO are damaging for the motor.

Here is video

Edited by Nivel
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, trailless said:

My riding will be 90% street but some dirt/gravel walking trails as needed while out riding.

I would choose street. I have the same usage as you do and the Michelin Pilot Street 2 does just fine on gravel and on some light offroad paths. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Clem604 said:

I would choose street. I have the same usage as you do and the Michelin Pilot Street 2 does just fine on gravel and on some light offroad paths. 

Thanks. I'm keeping the V13 as my offroad wheel and the master pro as my city/cruiser wheel. It's just that it's inevitable that I find some offroading as I cruise around the walking paths. 

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

@trailless street. 💯

Appreciate it. 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 10:08 PM, trailless said:

Which tire would you guys choose? The stock knobby or a street tire? 

My riding will be 90% street but some dirt/gravel walking trails as needed while out riding.

I have been through 4 tires.

Stock tire - feels good but is WAY TOO SOFT (max load is 140kg) > bend the rim once.
Heidenau k46 2.75inch -  Knobby tire which is reaaaaally bad, makes the wheel feels like 100kg truck, impossible to make turns.
Shinko 241 3inch wide - Knobby tire -  was too high and was rubbing hard at the metal fender > removed it.
Shinko 241 2.75 inch wide - Knobby tire - feels amazing, fits perfectly, feels like a street tire - easy to turn / carve, but stable on dirt roads! Also makes a sweet sound that warns pedestrians that you are coming behind them :) I strongly recommend the Shinko 241 2.75inch

Edited by Nivel
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 7:18 AM, Nivel said:

I have been through 4 tires.

Stock tire - feels good but is WAY TOO SOFT (max load is 140kg) > bend the rim once.
Heidenau k46 2.75inch -  Knobby tire which is reaaaaally bad, makes the wheel feels like 100kg truck, impossible to make turns.
Shinko 241 3inch wide - Knobby tire -  was too high and was rubbing hard at the metal fender > removed it.
Shinko 241 2.75 inch wide - Knobby tire - feels amazing, fits perfectly, feels like a street tire - easy to turn / carve, but stable on dirt roads! Also makes a sweet sound that warns pedestrians that you are coming behind them :) I strongly recommend the Shinko 241 2.75inch

Appreciate it. I think I was sent the stock v1 tire. Didn't want the knobby so I guess that's a plus. 

20230913_175929.jpg

23 minutes ago, trailless said:

Appreciate it. I think I was sent the stock v1 tire. Didn't want the knobby so I guess that's a plus. 

Ah, Congrats, you have already received your Master Pro. 

So, ... does the Master Pro brake as well as the EX30, better then the V13, assuming you have managed to put some power pads on the Master Pro?