Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

Looks like they really listened to some criticisms of the Master hey ? Do those look like metal battery pack cases ?

And they appear to have replaced that rubbish back light arrangement too. If it wasn't so damn heavy I might be putting my master pre-order on hold 2 weeks before it's due to arrive and swapping it for a pre-order on this one ! It does kinda look like this might come out of a high speed crash a lot better than the original...

I enjoyed my 2 weeks of imagining I was going to own the fastest wheel in the world !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Looks like they really listened to some criticisms of the Master hey ? Do those look like metal battery pack cases ?

With 4800Wh of batteries and "only" 54kg? I'd definitely bet they're plastic!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mars Bless said:

This is probably going to get 200 miles of range!!

Ian at SpeedyFeet will drain it in, oh, 62 miles. Which would be really quite something. Assuming it's comfy enough, it's 'inter-urban' class. Gawd. Gonna want an EV Level 2 charger for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

At these speeds, aerodynamics are going to be a deal... so the question is:

Do you get better aero if you wear your spandex over or under your gear?

+ Aerodynamic bicycle shoes

And so the bigger-number-is-better race continues. I bet Mr GW/BG looked at the V13 and decided that they're NOT going to stand second in the heaviest wheel contest!

But why do these manufacturers suddenly think that the Monster size class would start selling in any meaningful numbers? I've been around for a good while, and I've seen only one single Monster in my whole life. Yet we have a Monster V3, Monster Pro, EX20S, Abrams, and V13, all but the V3 being brand spanking new models.

For the 18(-"20")" category we have SherMax and S22. For 16", only the upcoming T4. For 14", nothing at all. That's not at all how the markets  would dictate. Are the manufacturers losing the ball, or am I?

• Like 2

When I said a swift response from Begode, I wasn’t expecting a response within a 24 hours. This is nuts. 

Master Pro matched the motor power and wheel size. Begode gave it more range and priced competitively. 

I wonder why Begode waited for Inmotion V13 debut before releasing the Master Pro. Me thinks, Begode wanted to make sure Inmotion doesn’t steal the performance crown?

It looks like we have a heavy cruiser war in our mist. 

If heavy cruisers are a niche market, and they have split this market, either the naysayers are wrong, or they are going to lose their shirt.

What are euc addicts to do?

Duf bought a EX20S recently, and just bought a S22. He said that he wasn’t going to get the V13 yet, since he just bought two wheels.

Worthy of note, earlier in July, he also said he had canceled his S22 order with ewheels and will not be buying a S22. But out of the blue, Marty Backe using high pressure selling tactics got Duf to buy a S22 anyways. Me thinks, euc addiction withdrawal response will strike again.

@FrenchUsa has a Sherman Max, a Hero, a Master, and bought a Monster Pro recently. He was quite taken by the Monster Pro. I am waiting for a new video from him to tell us he has preordered both the V13 and the Master Pro.

And don’t forget there is also T4 to round out your fleet.

In 2023, performance means speed. And lots of it.

And lastly, stop encouraging new comers to get a V13 or Master Pro as their first wheel, so they don’t have to upgrade so soon. 🙂

Edited by techyiam

From what's been said, they've been working on the Master Pro since February and were ready to announce it.

I would guess once Inmotion did their V13 teaser videos, Begode decided to wait for the unveiling of the V13 before putting the Master Pro out there. 

29 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

And so the bigger-number-is-better race continues. I bet Mr GW/BG looked at the V13 and decided that they're NOT going to stand second in the heaviest wheel contest!

All I can say to those who are waiting for a new and exciting euc's in a light weight, and low price package, is good luck. 

Well, let us look at the trend.

(1) Veteran:      Sherman, (Sherman Max is really an update), then Abrams. Did the newer wheel got heavier? Most certainly: 77 lbs to 97 lbs.

(2) Inmotion:    V11,  V12, V13;   60 lbs, 64 lbs, 110 lbs.

(3) Kingsong:   older models to S22;   ~53 lbs, 77 lbs.

(4) Begode:      RS to Hero, Master;    60 lbs to 80 lbs

Monster Pro to  EX20S to Master Pro;   90 lbs to 103 to 118 lbs.

Outlier:   T4

The latest released wheel is the Begode Master Pro, and it is also the heaviest of all time, 118 lbs.

The Abrams, V13 and the Master Pro have the weight to help fight the wind at higher speeds. 

The 17" rim can be mounted with motorcycle tires. Then add suspension. These wheels should be closer to a small displacement motorcycle replacement PEV. 

I am guessing that Inmotion and Begode are working together to drum up interest for such euc's. 

The 18XL proved that euc's are not just last mile devices.

The Sherman showed that euc's are more capable than just riding in bike lanes, on bike paths and side streets.

Monster Pro, Abrams, V13, Master Pro are wheels manufacturers are using to raise euc's to another performance level. This class of wheels are moving closer to a small motorcycle replacement PEV.

• Like 3

• Mango changed the title to Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v