Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

48 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Unfortunately prices aren’t coming down anytime soon as long as people keep paying them 

Case in point:   Begode Hero with a high MSRP.

The S22 brag better specs and a lower MSRP. Its preorders went through the roof. Not so much for the Hero. In record time, Begode then came out with the Master, a cheapened version of the S20S, with a much lower build quality than the Hero. The MSRP was competitive though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

Case in point:   Begode Hero with a high MSRP.

The S22 brag better specs and a lower MSRP. Its preorders went through the roof. Not so much for the Hero. In record time, Begode then came out with the Master, a cheapened version of the S20S, with a much lower build quality than the Hero. The MSRP was competitive though.

Yep, hero prices were cut when s20 was announced iirc. It didn’t help hero sales but “competitive pricing” still doesn’t equal fair pricing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Yep, hero prices were cut when s20 was announced iirc. It didn’t help hero sales but “competitive pricing” still doesn’t equal fair pricing 

I think most buyers look mostly at specs, msrp, and how it looks. The S22 boasted better specs. And it looked good.

I did get on a Hero. It has a premium perceived feel, and its low speed dynamics was excellent. Also, people who had a chance to examine it say it has very good build quality. 

On hind sight, I felt the Hero was Begode's attempt to emphasize build quality and to a lesser extent on specs. They build it, but no one came syndrome. 

Basically, no one is willing to pay for a Lexus with Toyota branding at Mercedes Benz prices.

The LS400 is basically, through and through, a big Toyota sedan with a nice V8, one cross-member that was made from aluminum alloy (purely for marketing), and a nicer interior. 

On 9/24/2022 at 1:09 PM, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Zero water resistance 👎🏻 Comes with 3amp stock charger 👎🏻 8 amp 134.4v charger is extra 350-400$ 👎🏻 Floppy kickstand that will pop out get bent and mangled in 15 mph crash👎🏻……..🙌Range 🙌 power 🙌 Top speed 🙌 stability🙌Simplicity🙌 .i still may buy this wheel but I’m definitely gunna be watching the reviews over the upcoming months 

I don’t care .after watching wrong ways video review today I’m buying it …I’ll waterproof it myself ,buy the damn 8amp charger and add a way to lock up the kickstand.This wheel is geared twords the riding I like to do..highspeed street riding and hitting them twisty roads 🙌🙌🙌🙌

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Yeah, baby!

One wheel motorcycle, at last. 

Yeah I rode Yamaha r6’s for so many years.. lots of time spent on one wheel aswell 🤣but after two back surgeries I couldn’t ride very long distances anymore without lots of pain so I sold it ..once I happened upon an euc video on YouTube I knew I was buying one .now 3200 miles later since may on my first wheel .I’m wanting more speed and range and this wheel has both .it’s gunna be epic 

• Like 1

With a good back, I didn't last more than 5 minutes on an R6 on a demo ride. :)

Wrong Way was riding on a 80 km/h highway in some parts of the video. This is where I said I could test top speed of an euc at 90+ km/h very easily. He actually rode in the car lane. I usually ride in the bike lane on the side, unless to pass. But there is even much much less bike traffic than car traffic. In any case, depending on the time of day, there can be no traffic. Most drivers there are careful, and the lanes are wide. And for the most parts, it is flat.

The thing is, he looked so calm and relaxed at those speeds. And the Master Pro allows you to accelerate at 70+ speeds at will.

50 minutes ago, techyiam said:

With a good back, I didn't last more than 5 minutes on an R6 on a demo ride. :)

Wrong Way was riding on a 80 km/h highway in some parts of the video. This is where I said I could test top speed of an euc at 90+ km/h very easily. He actually rode in the car lane. I usually ride in the bike lane on the side, unless to pass. But there is even much much less bike traffic than car traffic. In any case, depending on the time of day, there can be no traffic. Most drivers there are careful, and the lanes are wide. And for the most parts, it is flat.

The thing is, he looked so calm and relaxed at those speeds. And the Master Pro allows you to accelerate at 70+ speeds at will.

I was a maniac on sportbikes .I would take off some days and I’d ride 1000km on my r6 .back in 2012 I got t-boned in my truck and it ruptured a couple discs and crushed my sciatic nerve canals ..two surgeries since then .I’m finally doing a lot better .learning euc has honestly helped rebuild up my core and back . 🤘

• Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

I think most buyers look mostly at specs, msrp, and how it looks. The S22 boasted better specs. And it looked good.

I did get on a Hero. It has a premium perceived feel, and its low speed dynamics was excellent. Also, people who had a chance to examine it say it has very good build quality. 

On hind sight, I felt the Hero was Begode's attempt to emphasize build quality and to a lesser extent on specs. They build it, but no one came syndrome. 

Basically, no one is willing to pay for a Lexus with Toyota branding at Mercedes Benz prices.

The LS400 is basically, through and through, a big Toyota sedan with a nice V8, one cross-member that was made from aluminum alloy (purely for marketing), and a nicer interior. 

The average buyer just looks at the render, the spec sheet and cream their pants. Specs sheets don’t mean nothing if the wheel can’t live up to the hype. They claim all this performance then content creators hype it up and it’s a shiny turd. Just look at the s22 & abrams…..

Unfortunately if it’s fast enough people will buy it. Like if the hero was 45+ mph with the same specs every where else it would have sold. But 35mph, no range & crazy price it was gonna be a tough sell. 

Edited by Mayhem
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

The average buyer just looks at the render, the spec sheet and cream their pants. Specs sheets don’t mean nothing if the wheel can’t live up to the hype. They claim all this performance then content creators hype it up and it’s a shiny turd. Just look at the s22 & abrams…..

Unfortunately if it’s fast enough people will buy it. Like if the hero was 45+ mph with the same specs every where else it would have sold. But 35mph, no range & crazy price it was gonna be a tough sell. 

What originally sold me on it was elunipsycho hitting 99kph and then deciding to go push it again to 100kph and accidentLy went 103kph and cut out .🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

What originally sold me on it was elunipsycho hitting 99kph and then deciding to go push it again to 100kph and accidentLy went 103kph and cut out .🤣

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:… well atleast you’ve seen first hand what happens when your clout chasing. 

Edited by Mayhem
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:… well atleast you’ve seen first hand what happens when your clout chasing. 

Showing off has been the cause of two high speed crashes I had .One i was definitely going faster than I should have on a trail cuz people were watching and I hit a flock of Canadian geese at 35 mph and went flying ,shattered my brand new iPhone I had like 3 weeks and had severe road rash on my hip.fully geared up atleast ,and another time I came flying coming to a stop sign hard on the brake when I blew two capacitors and my wheel locked up and flopped me down on my chest and face shield ..knocked the wind outta me .I’ve learned my lesson about showing off 🤣 well until I get the master pro 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

But it provided a valuable data point for crashworthiness. We now know that in a single vehicle accident, on a smooth road at 100 km/h, there is a fair chance that the Master Pro could still be rideable afterwards.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

Shhhhh. Don't say it too loud. Oops, too late, @Rawnei , heard it. ;)

Did you have a brain fart moment? Leave me out of your obsessions.

4 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

This wheel is so dangerous on so many levels. Even more than motorcycles. Especially for average riders. Which wrongway is not.

No worries. 

Anyone who gets on will know immediately whether he or she can ride it or not. There will be a learning curve for most riders.

Unlike a motorcycle, you just can't get on and twist the throttle. A new rider won't be able to get on and balance, nevermind going 90 km/h.

This is a 120 lbs. wheel with loads of gyro.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Showing off has been the cause of two high speed crashes I had .One i was definitely going faster than I should have on a trail cuz people were watching and I hit a flock of Canadian geese at 35 mph and went flying ,shattered my brand new iPhone I had like 3 weeks and had severe road rash on my hip.fully geared up atleast ,and another time I came flying coming to a stop sign hard on the brake when I blew two capacitors and my wheel locked up and flopped me down on my chest and face shield ..knocked the wind outta me .I’ve learned my lesson about showing off 🤣 well until I get the master pro 

Ouch and lol. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavor’s.  

3 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

This wheel is so dangerous on so many levels. Even more than motorcycles. Especially for average riders. Which wrongway is not.

Agreed, just like we discussed in the video thread. High speed crashes will be far more common now with the high speed wheels coming out….. the braking in particular is going to catch a lot of riders out and people who are comfortable going 45mph will now go 55 mph. That 10mph difference is going to make a huge difference in stopping distance. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

No worries. 

Anyone who gets on will know immediately whether he or she can ride it or not. There will be a learning curve for most riders.

Unlike a motorcycle, you just can't get on and twist the throttle. A new rider won't be able to get on and balance, nevermind going 90 km/h.

This is a 120 lbs. wheel with loads of gyro.

While the weight alone will discourage and tame newbies. People who know how to ride and step into their first high speed wheel is where the problem is. 

It’s a HUGE step up from alot of wheels and this will be the key group that finds themselves in more trouble then then meant to be in.

“you just DONT step into the ring with Ali, because you think you can box” F&F 1 

Not everyone has enough self control riding a faster wheel once they already know how to ride. It’s easy to say well just don’t ride that fast but we all know many won’t take the time to get comfortable with maneuvers and stopping. They will just say I know what to do and go for it. 

Edited by Mayhem
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Not everyone has enough self control riding a faster wheel once they already know how to ride. It’s easy to say well just don’t ride that fast but we all know many won’t take the time to get comfortable with maneuvers and stopping. They will just say I know what to do and go for it.

If we go back a couple of years, the same thing can be said of the Sherman. 

Now we have EX.N, Monster Pro, Abrams, EX20S, and most recently the Master. But we still don't hear about the many high speed accidents that supposedly should have taken place. 

Personally, I believe riders who ride at those speeds are rider who knows what they are getting themselves into. 

I guess time will tell.

• Like 2

• Mango changed the title to Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v