Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v

20 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I know I wasn't very clear, but I do think that the behemoths do have a place in the markets. But I see zero point in every single manufacturer concentrating in making the behemoths for several years while the larger segments get nothing.

V12,V12HT, T4, V8s. All upgraded or new within the year, what’s wrong w these? Well, I guess you can find something wrong w each but there has been lighter wheels released and a few updated, if that’s what your really looking for.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, UtahRider said:

V12,V12HT, T4, V8s. All upgraded or new within the year, what’s wrong w these? Well, I guess you can find something wrong w each but there has been lighter wheels released and a few updated, if that’s what your really looking for.

Also the Hero

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, techyiam said:

Maybe, or maybe not, depending on the individual. 

When I first bought my V12, I thought it was heavy, bulky and harder to ride. I really thought that that is the price I have to pay for more stability. But to my surprise, my legs got stronger after a few months. Balancing the wheel with one leg wasn't anymore difficult than with the T3. In fact, the V12 became the norm in every way, except for lifting. Since the V12 is now so much better than the T3, the T3 has become more of a backup wheel. Although the V12 is only 15 lbs heavier, the perceived weight is much heavier for me. I have became stronger though, and have adapted. I no longer consider the T3 to have any significant advantages over my V12. Before, I had to lug the V12 up some steps, but even that is gone. 

I fully expect a 110 lbs wheel to remain a big and heavy wheel. The question is how I will feel about it after a year of ownership.

I own a 600 lbs, a 400 lbs and a 300 lbs motorcycles. There is no question the heavier motorcycle is going to feel heavier. However, I have adapted to each one, and ride each one differently. And I like all three for their intended purposes. I am excited to explore the 110 lbs heavy crusier class to see how I will like them, since I am riding more and more on the road.

Moreover, since 65 lbs to 110 lbs is a big jump, I may get an euc inbetween the V12 and the V13 also.

If you spend a few weeks on the 110lb euc you should be able to adapt without an intermediate wheel imo. Otherwise it’s another few thousand dollars for the transition :(

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RamonatheCat said:

If you spend a few weeks on the 110lb euc you should be able to adapt without an intermediate wheel imo. Otherwise it’s another few thousand dollars for the transition :(

Thanks. I heard some people say a couple of months. It would definitely be nice if that gap is not too big to jump over.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, widdershins said:

this is a baffling statement to make when the master and T4 literally already exist. sure, it makes a certain kind of sense, if you ignore all the information from a reality that broadly contradicts it.

First, it wasn't a statement. I said "I see zero point". That's a description of my lack of understanding the point.

Master weighs 37kg. It is very heavy EUC. I get that the trend is to increase the weight, but that's exactly what I consider a bad trend. No matter where the trend goes, my back and joints are not following. I don't believe I would ever buy myself an EUC that weighs more than 30kg, which is already quite a stretch as I have no need for what the weight enables.

T4 literally doesn't exist yet. How's that for reality?

inmotion still makes all their smaller wheels. kingsong still makes all their smaller wheels. begode does too, and has already announced NEW small wheels (the T4).

I'm pretty well aware of the ancient wheels still for sale. But I was talking about manufacturer's concentration, which these old wheels don't require.

Even without the new wheels of 2021 and 2022, there were already Monster and Sherman, why wasn't that enough? Because they are too slow? And the lighter wheels aren't?? Both Monster and Sherman are/were newer than any of the current small KS wheels, or any notable GWBG upgrades. Inmotion has the V12, so that makes one single new wheel model from all manufacturers in the medium size category since 2020.

Instead of simple speed upgrades to the Monster and Sherman, the heavy wheel category has received numerous, not upgrades, but completely new wheels, with modern 2nd gen suspension upgrades, displays, improved battery tech, individual cell group monitoring etc. V12 has a display, all other new features are lacking from all mid-weight EUCs. V12 doesn't even have a suspension in the first place.

to me this just sounds awfully similar to hater speak from someone who's mostly just mad that people are hyped up about new products pushing into a market segment that previously had nothing, as their ideal machine that does not exist yet is somewhere in that space.

Heavy or fast wheel groups had previously nothing? You consider them a new market segment? I have no idea how you have come to that conclusion.

If you are suggesting that my ideal model would be in heavy or fast wheel category, you are probably reading things in my post that weren't there.

enthusiasts are naturally going to be most interested in the new and exciting things that haven't been seen before.

That's exactly what I'm talking about! I'm an enthusiast, yet excluding the upcoming T4 all other new wheels are only in the heavy wheel category. That's not at all a balanced market distribution.

Comparing this to cars often works. You want to buy a car? We have all kinds of new 2500+ kg vans and trucks, but if you want to have a regular sedan, we only have old cars for that. And none of them have suspension...

14 hours ago, Gingomx said:

You need to ride the monster pro for a good while to see why people love that wheel. It is stable and safe, especially at speed - even 50 mph

Usually an advanced rider needs to ride a wheel for a minute or two to see why people love it. If it takes a few weeks or few months, there are probably a lot of negatives inhibiting the joy. I tried the Monster Pro for a few minutes, and it lacks so many features and aspects that I consider as the root cause for me owning, riding and enjoying EUCs, that I couldn't be less interested in it.

8 hours ago, UtahRider said:

V12,V12HT, T4, V8s. All upgraded or new within the year, what’s wrong w these?

T4 doesn't exist yet, and none of the rest have even the most basic form of suspension.

The T4 definitely does target the medium size group, which alone is guaranteed to make it sell well. I just really hope that it will get some competition next year. It actually does make me think that the tides might even be turning for the better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I don't believe I would ever buy myself an EUC that weighs more than 30kg

You are going to save a lot of money. 

Leaper Kim don't make wheels in your weight category, neither does Extreme Bull.

Even the T4 weighs more than 30 kg.

Both Begode and Inmotion have not announced new wheels in your weight category. 

You may be in luck here. It is looking like Kingsong are not capable of making big heavy powerful wheels, so they may make something in your weigh category in the future by default. Of course, that could be a while since they are kind of busy cleaning up their S20/22 mess. Ironically, they were doing something similar just before this with the S18.

Since the V11, only the V12, (V12 HT) is less than 30 kg.

The V11 already weighs 27 kg.

How much are you willing to pay for your next wheel, and what specs and features are you expecting? 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

ewheels is offering a "high-powered pack" 40T variant with 3840Wh. Who needs higher discharge cells (?) on an 8p wheel? This makes no sense, does it?

Hehe. I don't think so. With a battery that can give peak of arround 15 kw 

I wounder what peak the controller and motor can handle.

The battery peak power would be arround 30kw if you change to 40T.

I have to say that standard 3A Charger is a bit silly. Would mean 12-14h charge time.

Estimated Price is 4600 dollar according to ewheels.

Edited by Scoo
  • Like 2

I do see the safety argument for the high discharge cells, basically in a worst case scenario you'd definitely burn fuses, thin wires, power components, and anything else in the path before you'd ever get to thermal runaway the cells. You also could support very fast charging, but would need a very beefy charging board and circuit and sufficient cooling for that, which of course this won't come with.

The infamous s20 fire I think could have been prevented by this manner, the fuse would have gone before the batteries instead of the other way around.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

Even the T4 weighs more than 30 kg.

0.5 kg I might be able to give in though.

Both Begode and Inmotion have not announced new wheels in your weight category.

They haven't, no. But I'm hoping that Inmotion has nice plans for their next wheel.

Kingsong are not capable of making big heavy powerful wheels, so they may make something in your weigh category in the future by default.

They seem to have a lot of problems making a functional suspension though. But I guess they could still improve.

How much are you willing to pay for your next wheel, and what specs and features are you expecting? 

This is getting off topic, but since you asked:

Well working, durable and cushy suspension, individual cell group monitoring, V11 level lights that don't blind others, top speed 55km/h or more, more slow speed power than V11, 1800-2400Wh battery, versatile ride mode settings (=V11/V12), comfortable ride ergonomics (=V11/V12). Inmotion V11.5? V13 Mini?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

0.5 kg I might be able to give in though.

Ha, ha. How gracious. It can become a slippery slope, though. A little more, then a little more...  We will see how long you can hold out. 🙂

52 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

But I'm hoping that Inmotion has nice plans for their next wheel.

Well, you seem to have better connection with Inmotion than the rest of us. If you are still hoping, then it doesn't sound like it is coming soon.

54 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

They seem to have a lot of problems making a functional suspension though. But I guess they could still improve.

Sure. But it is more than that. What gets me is that Kevin spoke about motor problems very early on. Kingsong doesn't seem to be very reactive like Begode or Inmotion. An unsuspended euc only has three main parts: motor, controller and battery. The S20 was announced a year ago. And they are still fighting fires with the motor and controller. And they spend a bunch of time fixing the battery packs since the inferno in NYC. And let's not forget the sliders. That is four for four.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Well working, durable and cushy suspension, individual cell group monitoring, V11 level lights that don't blind others, top speed 55km/h or more, more slow speed power than V11, 1800-2400Wh battery, versatile ride mode settings (=V11/V12), comfortable ride ergonomics (=V11/V12). Inmotion V11.5? V13 Mini?

I see. Basically, you are looking for an updated V11. Interesting. You never know. There could be a business case for that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Master weighs 37kg. It is very heavy EUC. I get that the trend is to increase the weight, but that's exactly what I consider a bad trend. No matter where the trend goes, my back and joints are not following. I don't believe I would ever buy myself an EUC that weighs more than 30kg, which is already quite a stretch as I have no need for what the weight enables.

I tried the Monster Pro for a few minutes, and it lacks so many features and aspects that I consider as the root cause for me owning, riding and enjoying EUCs, that I couldn't be less interested in it.

i don't see a reason to sensibly respond to most of this. you outright would never consider a wheel as heavy as the RS, and anything that size or bigger is "too heavy" to you. so you are therefore baffled that the people who use and love the larger wheels, like the sherman, abrams, and monster etc., and don't understand why people would want bigger ones. ok, that's fine, you haven't experienced it and don't have an interest. i see no point in complaining about this?

Heavy or fast wheel groups had previously nothing? You consider them a new market segment? I have no idea how you have come to that conclusion.

no, there is a market segment for wheels that are larger and heavier than 100lbs. we are only recently seeing any inroads into this design space, and the master pro is a pretty significant leap in that regard. some people like big, high performance wheels and would like bigger ones than they have.

i would not complain: the features everyone loves in their day to day tools are refinements that were invented for and hashed out in in high-performance products before they trickle down to the smaller ones.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

ewheels is offering a "high-powered pack" 40T variant with 3840Wh. Who needs higher discharge cells (?) on an 8p wheel? This makes no sense, does it?

Probably to eWheels it does. They have a substantial amount invested in the Litech design and they said from the outset they were offering these in ALL the Begode EUCs. It’s up to each buyer whether it makes sense to them. I’m considering it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, widdershins said:

so you are therefore baffled that the people who use and love the larger wheels, like the sherman, abrams, and monster etc., and don't understand why people would want bigger ones.

That's not what I think or what I was saying or complaing about. I explained this already.

Having variation is GREAT! Manufacture a 200lbs EUC for all I care.

What I do care about is if the manufacturers STOP developing light and medium weight EUCs. Whether they would only develop 120lbs wheels or only 25lbs wheels, makes no difference to me. It's the word "only" that bothers me. And it doesn't represent the markets.

some people like big, high performance wheels

Of course they do. And I'm happy that they are getting new options. But again, it's only "some" people, and seems that they are only a small segment. Since the V11 the other segments haven't gotten ANY new options with suspension.

trickle down to the smaller ones.

Yes, and many people have already waited for two years for that to happen. For KS and IM to respond to the T4 will take a third year. That's a long time to wait for new options when we used to get wheels in each category every year from more than one manufacturer.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

What I do care about is if the manufacturers STOP developing light and medium weight EUCs....

True this. I would love to see an mten4: same performance but thinner and lighter, with an integrated strap to carry it like a backpack or messenger bag. Or a juiced up mcm5 v3 that's 100+v, high discharge cells, and a 3" wide tire stock. Those would both be instant buys for me.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yes especially with a higher voltage wheel, you require less amps to provide the same power

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wstuart said:

...... I was sort of hoping for a 134v Monster pro.  I would totally go for that. I hope they make one of those too.

The Master Pro is basically that. I would be surprised if GW split the market even more by releasing this as well. The main difference being the slightly larger wheel of the MPro. Is 22" vs 24" really enough to release another model?

• Upvote 2

Preorder is in at ewheels. Never been a guinea pig before, but I can always cancel after the test wheels get reviewed. I am another one of those big guys at 6'3" 260 that has never been able to sit, but I am super excited for this wheel.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2022 at 7:03 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

The Master name is misleading, this is the Monster tire size.

The Monster was always 22in,until the Monster Pro arrived at 24in.

Pro= extra 2in

T4 Pro = Master :P

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 7:06 PM, dycus said:

With 4800Wh of batteries and "only" 54kg? I'd definitely bet they're plastic!

@Cerbera

Looking at the top part, it looks like it is plastic almost fully covered by foam. 

0TJrD8R.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jean eRide.ie Community said:

The Monster was always 22in,until the Monster Pro arrived at 24in.

Pro= extra 2in

T4 Pro = Master :P

AAAAH I never realized these actually have different rim sizes! They do! It's not just the tire!

This tells me there is still room for a more extreme wheel with a 24 inch tire instead. Master ProPro (can't argue with your Pro math;))? Monster Pro V2? 65kg here we come!

Edited by meepmeepmayer
English
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Mango changed the title to Begode Master Pro 22” 4800wh 134v