15 minutes ago, Mango said:

The T4 is a zippy little trail and urban monster. Love mine.

T4 suspension is serviceable as I much prefer straight-line torque acceleration and zippiness over S22's only redeeming saving grace of its suspension. I rode the S22, loved the planted feel and suspension, but the acceleration and torque were dealbreakers.

S22 is still my favorite... that epic suspension makes a world of difference in trail riding... I can ride the S22 at 20+ MPH over crazy roots on MTB trails and the suspension takes care of all of it. The S22 has plenty of power except for at very low speeds (<5 MPH).... you just have to lean hard to access the power. 

23 minutes ago, Mango said:

I rode the S22, loved the planted feel and suspension, but the acceleration and torque were dealbreakers.

Even with the latest firmware, I presume. 

How is the acceleration and torque on the S22 compared with your OG Sherman, or Sherman-S, if you are already riding it?

Old firmware I believe.

OG Sherman is comparable but I always feel safe hard-leaning that wheel without it cutting out, due to the 10P packs. I hard lean cut-out on an S18 so perhaps the ptsd from that carried over to the newest KS wheel. Sherman S still waiting on delivery. 🤞

Master with Kuba/Rockshox gives me the crazy torque hill climbing ability and cushy quiet responsive suspension I'd ever need for now.

• Like 2

Wow @EMA this seems awesome. Such a long pig tail but filtering seems very good! Maybee it could be angled to the bottom like a kingsong so it won't be as exposed? What shock do you use? [edit: nvm, just had to look the description on YT]

Edited by RolluS
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RolluS said:

Wow @EMA this seems awesome. Such a long pig tail but filtering seems very good! Maybee it could be angled to the bottom like a kingsong so it won't be as exposed? What shock do you use? [edit: nvm, just had to look the description on YT]

planning some refinements, compatible with space and dimentions :D

i'm using the DNM burner, will be mounted flipped in final version like s22, so you can change spring easier and will stick out less 

On 1/19/2023 at 8:19 AM, Cerbera said:

Dealers generally know which batch they are ordering in advance.

Having worked for a dealer, the opposite is generally true unless you have a really good sales relationship with the company rep (most do not). Otherwise you just get mystery parts and mystery versions.

• Upvote 1

I managed to get inside Motherboard No.3 - Hurey it spins the wheel! But it is crazy cold around so I cant try it on the road.

So I took non-working no.2 apart (one phase have lower resistance 6 Mohm instead of 30Mohm- busted fet.):
 image.thumb.jpeg.53db753c17f4aa1a9c05c84fcdff33b8.jpeg

Do you think that it is possible to replace MOSFETs there? 
Can I test somehow the top board separately if it works?

Well Watts Single track properly LOVES his T4 for the trails... despite it committing suicide under him that one time...

...and watching what he does with it, 'nuff respect' !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

...and watching what he does with it, 'nuff respect' !

What I can't get over is how well the suspension responded to the bumpy terrain. He has it really well dialed in.

His riding skills, and suspension action were both impressive. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

134.4v c38 T4, Begode make it happen!

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Wouldn't that a Master with better links, and less battery?

It would be a Master with a smaller tire. Which isn't a bad idea! Big batteries shouldn't be exclusive to big tire wheels!

Less than 2400Wh is tricky with 134V wheels. Voltage and battery size (both Wh and literal physical size) are connected. Having a 134V battery means either 2400Wh (like the Master) or some not very attractive compromises - having to use higher discharge cells which have less capacity but still need the same space and weigh the same as regular cells (or cost more), dividing an uneven number of battery packs between the two sides of the wheel = complicates construction, smallish resulting battery capacity - which make it rather unlikely that Begode would build it like that imo.

2400Wh and up is no problem, they just need to slap on bigger batteries. I think there's enough space to enlarge each pack by 50% and not have them them be too big or heavy for this wheel.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

If you start some rumors and put up some renditions Begode will rush something, or three, to market just to beat it.

:D

It's funny - because it's true. :D 

I bet there will be competition for Inmotion and Kingsong, even LeaperKim "smaller" wheel, that are rumored to getting released someday. :D As they normally release same type of wheel..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It would be a Master with a smaller tire. Which isn't a bad idea! Big batteries shouldn't be exclusive to big tire wheels!

Less than 2400Wh is tricky with 134V wheels. Voltage and battery size (both Wh and literal physical size) are connected. Having a 134V battery means either 2400Wh (like the Master) or some not very attractive compromises - having to use higher discharge cells which have less capacity but still need the same space and weigh the same as regular cells (or cost more), dividing an uneven number of battery packs between the two sides of the wheel = complicates construction, smallish resulting battery capacity - which make it rather unlikely that Begode would build it like that imo.

2400Wh and up is no problem, they just need to slap on bigger batteries. I think there's enough space to enlarge each pack by 50% and not have them them be too big or heavy for this wheel.

There actually is a higher capacity (5000mA) battery with 20A constant output, Samsung INR21700-50S which came 2022. However it costs more (somewhat 1,6 times)  than the norm. Samsung 50E which Begode uses and it is also in short supply.

https://eu.nkon.nl/catalogsearch/result/?q=samsung+50e

Anyway that should be offered at least for the Master. With 2400/18,3Wh=131 Cells and with 3€ more per cell, 50S would be costing around 400€ more total. I know I would buy it, if I was going to buy the Master.  EDIT: Samsung 50S seem to have bad cycle life at least if used in very high discharge applications   >60% at 250 cycles. https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77898 That might be the reason why it is not been used for the EUCs.

Right now I'm leaning towards T4.  I'm looking trail wheel and top speed over 50km/h is not that important to me. If have understood correctly the T4 has almost as much torque and accelerates to 50km/h just as fast as the Master? Although a bigger 18" tire would be better on trails

As you said T4 with C38 1800Wh 134V would basicly be the master, with 600/18Wh*73g=2,4kg less batteries    (C38 motor weight more than C30), A smaller wheel would increase torque 18/16=12%, but reduce speed in the same proportion.

Edited by okvp
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, okvp said:

If have understood correctly the T4 has almost as much torque and accelerates to 50km/h just as fast as the Master?

Accelerates faster if anything - smaller tyre / less weight to get going.

• Upvote 1

On 1/12/2023 at 1:28 PM, bracky72 said:

T4 is closer to 18” then 16”. 

And RS is close to 19.5”. The EUC size classifications haven’t matched the outer tire diameter in a long time, only with 2.125” and narrower tires.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:42 AM, drader said:

Even my modded 84v Nikola has more starting-line response than the T4.

The T4 tire outer tire diameter is larger, so it doesn’t accelerate as snappy. Replace the tire with an ordinary 16x3” tire and you should have your snap back.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:42 AM, drader said:

I feel like I want a SuperHard mode, that is twice as sensitive as it is now. It just seems like I need to lean more

It’s the other way around. The harder the mode, the more you have to lean. Modern EUCs have harder ride modes than Nikola era EUCs had. Try the medium mode on the T4.

15 hours ago, okvp said:

Right now I'm leaning towards T4.  I'm looking trail wheel and top speed over 50km/h is not that important to me. If have understood correctly the T4 has almost as much torque and accelerates to 50km/h just as fast as the Master? Although a bigger 18" tire would be better on trails

nothing is close to the Master performance, nothing :D

that said T4 feels zippy and has plenty of power for any kind of trails you'll hit, it's way more fun to ride in this scenario, LOT of more fun !

• Like 2

I replaced the motherboard and ridden 20km with v2 one - there is a huge difference between v1 and v2 board. Finally, pedals don't wobble and dip on full lean at higher speeds. The problem was really v1 control board.

Shame on Begode, I needed to pay extra and wait for this upgrade. Never Begode again.

So far just top digit on display dont work, since EUC balance ok I can live with that. Let's see what else will fall apart in the next few km. 

t4.jpg

display.jpg

Edited by daniel1234
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

I replaced the motherboard and ridden 20km with v2 one - there is a huge difference between v1 and v2 board. Finally, pedals don't wobble and dip on full lean at higher speeds. The problem was really v1 control board.

Shame on Begode, I needed to pay extra and wait for this upgrade. Never Begode again.

So far just top digit on display dont work, since EUC balance ok I can live with that. Let's see what else will fall apart in the next few km. 

t4.jpg

display.jpg

do you really ride like this ?

• Like 1