I have weird issue, I hope somebody had the same experience and can point me to the right direction.

At high speeds, my T4 starts to fall/lean on one side.  So it feels like one side is heavier - Happens only at high speeds. 

I tried to reseat tyre multiple times it didnt help and I cannot find any loose screws. 

On 2/6/2023 at 2:21 AM, Greg X said:

some new batches of T4 has also double watherproofing of motor bearing

This is just shipping waterproofing for the bearings in the motor. It was stuck onto the motor cover and the centre of the hub on mine and would have prevented it spinning so I removed it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I have weird issue, I hope somebody had the same experience and can point me to the right direction.

At high speeds, my T4 starts to fall/lean on one side.  So it feels like one side is heavier - Happens only at high speeds. 

I tried to reseat tyre multiple times it didnt help and I cannot find any loose screws. 

Hey there,

I also find that my T4 tend to lean a little bit to the left, an ever so tiny bit. Pretty much imperceptible at like below 40kmh. But a bit more apparent when going faster. But it's not a super big deal. None of us have encountered any issues offroad-ing. And since we don't ride super crazy all the time, it's a non issue.

I still think it's the best wheel I've owned so far. Most suited to my particular use case and modest needs.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

at high speeds, my T4 starts to fall/lean on one side

How high a speed? I haven't ridden it above 31 mph (50 km/h) yet, so not sure that qualifies, but haven't noticed anything similar.

4 minutes ago, pHghost said:

How high a speed? I haven't ridden it above 31 mph (50 km/h) yet, so not sure that qualifies, but haven't noticed anything similar.

It's only mildly apparent when ridng about 50kmh and above.

Only felt it during one extra fun ride trying to keep up with an RS HS. When I checked EUC World, top speed recorded 61kmh I believe.

It's a sort of feeling as if the wheel is putting a light pressure on the left calf. Need to lean just a bit to the right to compensate.

Kind of like driving a car with the alignment not quite right.

13 hours ago, pHghost said:

OK. Could it be the tire? Would be interesting to compare it on the hybrid/knobby, to see if it is that or something else.

Which tire are the two of you using?

I got the first batch V1 T4. 

It initially came with the street tyre. But I never pushed it that fast on that tyre, so I'm not sure if there was the same effect. 

I'm now on the knobby tyre and loving it.

Although, my heavy offroader friend has large chips and huge chunks missing from his knobby tyre. It doesn't seem to hold up quite so well to extreme punishment. Not as compared to the Kenda or CST knobbies from the Sherman or Master. 

20 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

your wheel is probably not well calibrated, set your desired angle but the wheel need to be perfectly vertical (side by side )

18 hours ago, pHghost said:

Above 40 km/h - with knobby (dont like it as well - it is too soft)

The issue started after tyre change - I did reseat tyre few times and move it across rim. No change. I didnt had a problem with street tyre but I don't wanna blame tyre yet. 

Looking for knobby tyre alternative meanwhile. T4 need knobby ....

often feel the same on both MSX and Master.
I just twist my upper body a bit and it feels good again. Twist your shoulders the direction you WANT the wheel to lean over to.
Yo can also try sticking one hand out just a bit.

A think the lean is just the speed wind. That is why it happens only at speed. You probably stand just a bit asymmetric without knowing it. And need to compensate.
Anyway, even if this is not the reason, it WILL compensate for the uncomfortable lean you feel. It will take some time for your body to automatically learn which way to twist your upper body, but try at 40km/h or more, and you will soon feel the difference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EUCzero said:

A think the lean is just the speed wind. That is why it happens only at speed. You probably stand just a bit asymmetric without knowing it.

This makes sense, yeah. Could be the culprit.

5 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

T4 need knobby ....

I'm happy with the stock V1 tyre so far. Granted, I've not taken the T4 properly off-road yet and haven't tried a knobby tyre, either, so my opinion on that might change.

https://facebook.com/groups/1320036495138134/permalink/1581648238976957/

I'm trying to find if there is a Begode T4 batch 3 (V3) 

See production date printed on the mainboard !!!

Someone posted few pictures could you help identify correctly which is V2 and what is truly V3.

Capacitors are laid differently.

Please post how mainboard show look for V3 compared with previews version.

On 2/7/2023 at 6:28 AM, daniel1234 said:

One thing i've noticed, is that if anything is touching your pads unevenly, in an asymetric way, it can cause this.

So for example.... I had my pads off by just a tiny bit, and my right shin was ever so slightly touching the front of my right pad, when the left side was not.

This would introduce a slight lean or turn.

Try riding "naked" with no pads, and be sure both feet are balanced exactly the same and not touching the sides and see if the issue is still there.

Make sure your hips are perfectly square forward, too.

Seems like there are more things happening at once:

- one pedal is little loose - it is like one spacer rod-pedal is 0.3 smaller and pedals sucks balls

- That knobby tyre creates too much vibration - via wobble at high speeds. 

- Suspension rods were not tightened up properly at top -> giving slight flex to the whole structure. 

Situation improved but I am still hater of this tyre. From a traction point of view that soft tyre is awesome offroad. But for city riding and cornering, I don't like it at all. So ...  another tyre change for me :D.

image.thumb.jpeg.78e76df23cf6b3fdfa221ec820faa738.jpeg

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

That knobby tyre creates too much vibration - via wobble at high speeds. 

Yep, I've been having that on the Master a bit. Will switch to street tyre soon too, but at the moment am quite enjoying the off-road / slippy street corner grip the knobby provides, and don't feel any pressing need to go above 40 kph with any great regularity...

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, Lestat said:

Same question.    What is the best damn street tire for carving on the T4?!??!?!

I .... MUST..... HAVE ...... IT

The Chao Yang H-666 in 16x3in would be my suggestion. It is still readily available (unlike the low stock via eWheels Only, 18x3in version), but you might have to order it through Ali Express: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001466140003.html

Edited by fbhb

8 hours ago, Lestat said:

Same question.    What is the best damn street tire for carving on the T4?!??!?!

I .... MUST..... HAVE ...... IT

the one that comes with 1st batch, same as nikola, cst 1773 is really really nice 

• Like 1