44 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

17”

1800wh 

16" (16x3)

and

1750Wh

To be more precise and comparable to the competitors. 

They actually this time seemed to first have it named 16" but then remembered 17" sells better.

Näyttökuva 2022-8-3 kello 18.53.53.png

Näyttökuva 2022-8-3 kello 18.53.45.png

Really good addition to the market. 16x3" is a great size and this category lacked a suspension wheel. Inmotion and KingSong could have dominated this space with a suspended version of 16X and V12. I'm somewhat tempted. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JDL said:

and the weight seems a bit high for a 16" wheel, so im not really sure what im looking at.

V12 with suspension = 32/36 kg seems right.

At least something "smaller". Still to big/heavy for me.. (I want awesome wheel under 25kg.)

Edited by Funky

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I wonder why they gave it the T (Tesla) name instead of making it the Nikola 2 (because that's the same tire size, unlike the Tesla).

Is a T4AR not to far off?

2 hours ago, Eucner said:

This looks to be a very nice wheel. It has Begodes longest suspension travel. Leaperkim and Kingsong 16" suspension wheels should also be coming soon. This has been a very good year for waiting.

"Effective suspension travel 100mm", yet the difference in pedal height highest and lowest is 80mm.

And product size 17", tire size 16".

They're not even trying very hard to fool us. It does beg the question though, is it 1800Wh or 1500Wh? 2500W or 2000W? Etc.

14 minutes ago, Funky said:

They could have dropped "Hw" even more..(~1000Wh) And simply add fast charger. The smaller battery - the faster it will charge. (Same time it will become lighter and cheaper.)

... and much less powerful. The S18 taught us that 1100Wh is simply not enough for other than relatively easy riding. Unless they'd be using high discharge cells.

I've said it many times that a 16" suspension wheel would be an easy sell. But 32kg is pretty nasty when a 18" 1800Wh without suspension and the same lift speed (MSX) used to weigh around 25kg.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Is a T4AR not to far off?

Why do you ask? What would a T4AR do differently from the standard T4 here? It would need some reason to exist for a dealer to commission it (the official Nikola 2700Wh did not exist when the Nikola AR+ was thought up and offered by AlienRides).

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

"Effective suspension travel 100mm", yet the difference in pedal height highest and lowest is 80mm.

And wheel height difference is 60 mm. There might be some sag from wheels weight, but still this is little confusing.

10 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

But 32kg is pretty nasty when a 18" 1800Wh without suspension and the same lift speed (MSX) used to weigh around 25kg.

It is on diet, now weighting only 30,4 kg :rolleyes:.

39 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

The reason it's 100V is due to it having the same 4 pack design like the master. 

Are they just the same battery packs we're already used to on all 100v Begode wheels? Have they said whether they've done something to stop their packs bursting into flames?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eucner said:

And wheel height difference is 60 mm. There might be some sag from wheels weight, but still this is little confusing.

Good catch! :roflmao:

5 minutes ago, Eucner said:

It is on diet, now weighting only 30,4 kg :rolleyes:.

Oh, there are already two versions of the spec sheet. Leaked and even more leaked I guess.

1 minute ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Are they just the same battery packs we're already used to on all 100v Begode wheels?

Doesn't seem so, no. 2 packs in parallel, two in series. Master special design.

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.

Just wondering future iterations of this wheel.  2700wh would hit a sweet spot for me.  Wishful thinking.

9 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Just wondering future iterations of this wheel.  2700wh would hit a sweet spot for me.  Wishful thinking.

Now I get it!

I don't see any future iterations. Given how much redesign would be needed to make a 2700Wh wheel out of this (or a 2400Wh 134V one), that would essentially be an entirely new Begode wheel in terms of changes.

The Nikola was special. It was easy to move the board out of the top space, which was also just big enough to house a third battery pack. So the 2700Wh variant was easy to do and a no-brainer. But that was an exception.

• Like 2