On 8/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, UtahRider said:

recommendations for a good 16” knobby tire?

That might be the Achilles heel in 16". Precious few choices... there is 1 knobby that fits on a 16X and you can get in the US, but only 1 that I've heard of. It's not a familiar brand, and I have no idea how long it'll be available.

Edited by Tawpie

6 hours ago, Esash said:

And range wise it will probably be about the same as the Master despite smaller battery, especially if they make a high speed version.

master has way more range than a 1800wh battery, less than 2700wh but still more than 1800wh 100v

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Anyone have an idea on the range..........?

The most precise possible estimation/m and measurement on range is that it has the range of a 1800Wh EUC that rides down to avg 3.05V per cell.

Unless it has a different low voltage limit than the Master.

Edited by mrelwood

35 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The T4 s going to put a lot of pressure on the V11.

It sure is. Although, a two years newer design and a bit higher specs is a clear winner to especially those who shop by numbers. Tire diameter is a clear difference though that is not for everybody. And weight. And being a Gotway.

Can't wait to get to try out though, a peppy 16x3" with suspension can be a really nice combo!

Btw, V11 has a free spin of 78km/h as well.

Edited by mrelwood

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Tire diameter is a clear difference though that is not for everybody. And weight. And being a Gotway.

Hard to say regarding tire diameter. Before my experience with my V12 and a specific scooter tire, I would agree. But now having the experience with what a 16" wheel can do, I am not convinced a 16" wheel necessarily be at a disadvantage at higher riding speeds. Firstly, there no wobbles on any kind. Braking hard with braking pads does not promote wobbles. Secondly, it has beyond expectations stability, and control. Most impressive here. I no longer have to worry about losing control when hitting a series of bad bumps. I can basically focus on traffic and road, like when I was riding my 125 motorcycle.  Braking from 60 + km/h is decent. Not quite like a two finger front brake, but it is pretty decent, and I am still improving.

V11 weighs 59.5 lbs, whereas Alienrides is listing 67 lbs for the T4. 

The old Gotway has been replaced by the new Begode quality. And the Hero is a proof of that. In terms of warranty claims, EEVEES says, for them, Inmotion was the worst.

What is doubly bad for the V11 is the recent spat of issues. The build quality of my T3 is vastly inferior to my V12. But with the new generation of Begode design, I will have to reserve judgement until more information is available for the T4.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Can't wait to get to try out though, a peppy 16x3" with suspension can be a really nice combo!

I am hoping the tire they put on is a 3.00-12 scooter tire. This could prove potent.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Is "free spin speed" (78 kmh /48 mph) the max speed?

In general, about 75% to 80% of the free spin speed should be the usable top speed of any EUC (details may depend on the model). So something like 60kph/40mph for the T4, going by this. (This is just an estimate, please don't hold me to it.)

Or just go by whatever the 100V Nikola's top speed is. Same voltage, same tire size, same motor (probably) - so you can expect the same top speed. I think that was about 40mph.

22 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

In general, about 75% to 80% of the free spin speed should be the usable top speed of any EUC (details may depend on the model). So something like 60kph/40mph for the T4, going by this.

1.62 x 40 mph = 64.8 km/h. 

When the free spin speed is higher, larger margins are needed to estimate safe top speed in order to compensate for higher aerodynamic drag.   

The V12 has a free spin speed of 102 km/h. Commonly regarded top speed is 70 km/h. 

The T3 has a free spin speed of 65 km/h.  Tilt back starts at 46 km/h. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

On 8/7/2022 at 7:57 PM, Esash said:

I wonder why they gave it the T (Tesla) name instead of making it the Nikola 2 (because that's the same tire size, unlike the Tesla).

I can think of only 1 reason why.  They have plans for the Nik next.  It will be a 16" suspension wheel with 134v and 6p for extended range.  They will call it...

....wait for it...

"SNIK-ER". 

Their marketing campaign will be, "Do you crave all day Begode performance?...Grab a snickers!"

😁😆🤣

Edited by Rollin-on-1
Formatted for better comedic effect

Well, Begode wouldn't want a wheel in their own lineup to complete with the Master. They wanted a wheel below the Master. The T3 was a wheel just below the RS-19. They couldn't use the Tesla name anymore. I suspect they didn't want to have problems with the Nikola name either. Hence, they chose T4. With the T4 and their Master in their lineup, how would a 16" wheel and 134 V fit in?

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Well, Begode wouldn't want a wheel in their own lineup to complete with the Master. They wanted a wheel below the Master. The T3 was a wheel just below the RS-19. They couldn't use the Tesla name anymore. I suspect they didn't want to have problems with the Nikola name either. Hence, they chose T4. With the T4 and their Master in their lineup, how would a 16" wheel and 134 V fit in?

It was a joke of course. 

That said, increasing the Tesla from 84v to 100v is an advancement to the Tesla lineage.  Therefore, a similar advancement to the Nik lineage doesn't seem far fetched.  Would it necessarily have 134v and suspension?  Who knows.  I think there would be interest in a 134v 16" wheel with a lower wh pack and a price point below the Master - with or without suspension.  Would it make business sense to make such a wheel? 🤷‍♂️

But to your point, if continuing with the Tesla name is an issue, T4 makes less sense than to continuing with the Nikola name. 

To me, I think it could hint towards future plans for the Nik lineage.  I guess only time will tell.

Edited by Rollin-on-1

39 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

It was a joke of course. 

That said, increasing the Tesla from 84v to 100v is an advancement to the Tesla lineage.  Therefore, a similar advancement to the Nik lineage doesn't seem far fetched.  Would it necessarily have 134v and suspension?  Who knows.  I think there would be interest in a 134v 16" wheel with a lower wh pack and a price point below the Master - with or without suspension.  Would it make business sense to make such a wheel? 🤷‍♂️

But to your point, if continuing with the Tesla name is an issue, T4 makes less sense than to continuing with the Nikola name. 

To me, I think it could hint towards future plans for the Nik lineage.  I guess only time will tell.

Having two 16"x3 wheels makes little sense. It's reasonable to assume at this point that the T4 is a replacement for the Nikola with added suspension, especially at this MRSP.

It would make more sense to sell a 134V RS, as the highest performance non suspension wheel in a much more popular tire size. The RS is still a great platform as a stunt wheel that can benefit from more torque with slight decrease in range.

• Like 1

The T4 name seems to suggest that there will be no Tesla successor (16*2.125 tire size). Which is a bit sad, as we are losing a tire size. But KS didn't bother either (16S is ooooold), and Inmotion simply upgraded their existing line with the V8S, not exactly a performance wheel either, so these don't seem to be the manufacturers' priority.

Ive been debating between preorder between Ewheels (40T, Spike pedals, no tax),$2450 vs AR (50E, tax included ~$175). ~$2570. Oh the choices. I wouldn't even use a full battery in a day, so leaning towards eWheels. 

2 hours ago, conecones said:

Having two 16"x3 wheels makes little sense. It's reasonable to assume at this point that the T4 is a replacement for the Nikola with added suspension, especially at this MRSP.

It would make more sense to sell a 134V RS, as the highest performance non suspension wheel in a much more popular tire size. The RS is still a great platform as a stunt wheel that can benefit from more torque with slight decrease in range.

Some simply don't like suspension. Not everybody looks at "performance" and gets the best wheel they can.. If i had to choose from 18xl an RS. I still would take 18xl over RS simply because build quality. If RS was built better, then ofc it would be no brainer to get it. As RS is simply best performance in that weight class. Yet because of it's built quality it's shit in my eyes.

33 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

But KS didn't bother either (16S is ooooold), and Inmotion simply upgraded their existing line with the V8S, not exactly a performance wheel either, so these don't seem to be the manufacturers' priority.

Yet those wheels sell the most.. (Even 16S got version V2 over time.) Old - yes, but very reliable wheel, that simply works.

Sure i would like to see "new" wheels in that weight class. Whit updated little bit more powerful motor, maybe increased max speed. (Whos joking, any new wheel is welcome.) But sadly most new wheels are big, heavy turds.

In my eyes T4 and Master are the same. If T4 have "real" smart BMS, then T4 automatically becomes much. much better wheel in my eyes. And if T4 has some kind water protection, then Master is dead, useless wheel.

• Upvote 1

This is the first wheel that I think I might sell my beloved V11 to get. 16" wheels are inherently peppier, stronger and lighter than larger, all else equal. But they are less smooth on rough surfaces, making suspension all the more meaningful. I've been wary of Begode quality, having had no issues with my V11, and having lost a home to fire. But seems Begode is getting more serious about safety, so, maybe time to reconsider. I'll still wait for any first-generation issues to crop up and get fixed, but common/modular/fewer parts is definitely a good thing in this regard. 

3 hours ago, conecones said:

I would argue that a 134v low wh non-suspension wheel with a C38 motor would be even better for the stunt category.  But we are getting way off topic for the T4 thread.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Funky said:

In my eyes T4 and Master are the same. If T4 have "real" smart BMS, then T4 automatically becomes much. much better wheel in my eyes. And if T4 has some kind water protection, then Master is dead, useless wheel.

T4 and Master use the same design and costruction but nothing more, different size/weight/performance

tbh Master waterproofing is pretty good out of the box, EUC upgrade has done a nice video on that, on the other aspects Master has it's own class becouse nothing can compete with it right now.