19 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Although tire size is a 16x3.0, it looked bigger in the video. Maybe it is a 3.00-12 tire? The V12 HT uses a Cordial 3.00-12 tire? Perhaps that is why they call it a 17"wheel.

The euc body is very small, so the tire looks "bigger" maybe? It's literally master just smaller. :D 

Nothing special... I personally would still go for 36kg wheel that offers 18" wheel, bigger speed, more range. Versus this 30kg thing. If you already lifting 30kg - what's extra 6kg..

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Funky said:

If you already lifting 30kg - what's extra 6kg..

if this was true, then a 24kgr wheel would be no different from a 36kgr one, X 2 the non important weight difference should not matter. 

30kgr is a sweet spot I think, this will be a very nice machine: known and tested 100system, their 3rd try on suspension, extra torque due to the smaller 12 inch rim. The rim also looks wider, this explains why the tyre looks wider too.  

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Funky said:

Nothing special... I personally would still go for 36kg wheel that offers 18" wheel, bigger speed, more range. Versus this 30kg thing. If you already lifting 30kg - what's extra 6kg..

I can't argue that. You do you.

But for me, I have a V12 that I find to be very stable, and felt planted up to 70 km/h on semi main roads. Also, I find it to be low effort to ride. And with the suspension of the T4, I don't need 18"tires for comfort. It is possible that the T4 could be a better wheel for me than my V12, and weighs only 3 lbs more. My only concerns are safety and build quality of the T4.

• Like 2

For me the lack of ride mode settings is one of the largest obstacles with the T4. I'm surprised that GW and KS are still dragging so far behind. I guess it's the same as with the video, for GW half-@$$ed is enough... (I mean, where does one even get such"editors" and "narrators"??)

But I'm still predicting good sales as it's at least an interesting addition to hoarders' collections. Maybe just not a long time main wheel though.

• Upvote 1

I am really liking this wheel and more so if it sits just below or around $2000 then it would be a no brainer.

If the costs of the V13 are as people are predicting then we could Imagine one V13 or a Master and a T4 together for the same price.

What an exciting time we are in just now.  Lets hope these new ones actually work.

Edited by The Brahan Seer
The T4 could be an excellent back up wheel too.

38 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

The tire diameter is smaller, so C30 will produce more acceleration in 16" T4 than it does in the 18" RS:HS. 

Nothing much new here in terms of output, we've already seen 100V C30 16" in Nikola... if they let T4 deliver 250A, it will be plenty of grunt.

Hmmm, interesting. My T3 has a C30 motor running 84V. Also, the overall diameter of the tire should be smaller than the T4. I wonder how my T3 compares in acceleration and breaking to the T4? Currently, my V12 can out accelerate and out brake my T3 by a lot. The T4 will have a higher top speed, but if the T4 cannot out accelerate and out brake my T3 by a large margin, then I am out.

37 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

For me the lack of ride mode settings is one of the largest obstacles with the T4. I'm surprised that GW and KS are still dragging so far behind. I guess it's the same as with the video, for GW half-@$$ed is enough... (I mean, where does one even get such"editors" and "narrators"??)

But I'm still predicting good sales as it's at least an interesting addition to hoarders' collections. Maybe just not a long time main wheel though.

Pff riding modes.. What are those? I don't even use app. Only EucWorld to record my ride. :D Do you wanna tell me you change your settings each ride? I set them once and forget. What's the point of those modes - like they change the riding so much, that it's worth going in app changing them up each ride?

39 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I am really liking this wheel and more so if it sits just below or around $2000 then it would be a no brainer.

If the costs of the V13 are as people are predicting then we could Imagine one V13 or a Master and a T4 together for the same price.

What an exciting time we are in just now.  Lets hope these new ones actually work.

AlienRides approximated price around $2200-$2400. I wouldn't be surprised it if bumps up $50-$100 though. 

• Like 1

The price will be interesting.

The Master is 3000€/$2900-$3250. Similar thing but in bigger. The V12 is around 2500€/$2300-$2500. Same thing but without suspension. The Hero is around €2700/$2800-$3250. Same thing but in bigger.

So somewhere in the middle?

Or maybe the price doesn't matter that much, and people buy specific wheels because they like them, or maybe just because they are available.

I would be surprised if the price is below 2500. Would be nice, though.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Hmmm, interesting. My T3 has a C30 motor running 84V. Also, the overall diameter of the tire should be smaller than the T4. I wonder how my T3 compares in acceleration and breaking to the T4? Currently, my V12 can out accelerate and out brake my T3 by a lot. The T4 will have a higher top speed, but if the T4 cannot out accelerate and out brake my T3 by a large margin, then I am out.

This wheel has nothing in common with the T3 (Tesla line of wheels) besides the name. The tire size is the same as the V12 or Nikola, unlike the smaller Tesla tire. If anything they should have given it a new name or called it Nikola 2 at least.

26 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The price will be interesting.

The Master is 3000€/$2900-$3250. Similar thing but in bigger. The V12 is around 2500€/$2300-$2500. Same thing but without suspension. The Hero is around €2700/$2800-$3250. Same thing but in bigger.

So somewhere in the middle?

Or maybe the price doesn't matter that much, and people buy specific wheels because they like them, or maybe just because they are available.

I would be surprised if the price is below 2500. Would be nice, though.

Don't forget it's "gotway" so price should be cheaper by default. 2400-2600$ seems right. If it's near hero/master price, then it's completely pointless product. Sure some will enjoy the 16" wheel and will enjoy it more over 18". But most logical call would be buying those bigger wheels then. Price for performance..

Edited by Funky

41 minutes ago, Funky said:

Pff riding modes.. What are those? I don't even use app. Only EucWorld to record my ride. :D Do you wanna tell me you change your settings each ride? I set them once and forget. What's the point of those modes - like they change the riding so much, that it's worth going in app changing them up each ride?

If you haven’t owned an Inmotion wheel and experienced tuning it with all the settings, you just don’t know what you’re missing. Not about changing things every ride. Once you’re set you can forget it. There’s a lot you can do to change it fit your liking. 

Anyway, this video is really a window to their philosophy on quality. They make wheels the same way they produce marketing material. But their lineup ends up being impressive on paper. In less than a year they now have a suspension wheel for almost every need; 16” 1800Wh, 18” 1800Wh, 18” 2400 and 18” 3600 Wh. After V13 they’ll likely come up with a 22” suspension wheel also. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

If you haven’t owned an Inmotion wheel and experienced tuning it with all the settings, you just don’t know what you’re missing. Not about changing things every ride. Once you’re set you can forget it. There’s a lot you can do to change it fit your liking. 

Still you can get used to any riding mode over time. No need to play with the settings. But thats my mindset. (Yes i get - you can regulate almost everything in the setting and how the wheel responds.) Big WoW.. Wheel is wheel, you go forwards and backwards. :D

22 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Anyway, this video is really a window to their philosophy on quality. They make wheels the same way they produce marketing material. But their lineup ends up being impressive on paper. In less than a year they now have a suspension wheel for almost every need; 16” 1800Wh, 18” 1800Wh, 18” 2400 and 18” 3600 Wh. After V13 they’ll likely come up with a 22” suspension wheel also. 

They still missing lightweight one.. With ~1000Wh.

Edited by Funky

21 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Imagine a "15 inch" MCM6 in the same vein as this, same MCM5-sized rim but 3 inch wide tire so it's 15 instead of 14 inches, with around 1000Wh (has to be a 3p battery), and suspension. 25kg or less. Might be a nice maneuverable smaller commuter, or just some offroad torque monster. I don't think they will do it, but it could be done.

14" is simply way to small.. For "big guys".

I personally would like 18". But simply very, very small battery. Real last mileage wheel. 16X/18XL with suspension. But half of the range. Fuck even suspension.. Simply better built wheel in general. All of these new wheels are complete garbage in one way or another.

Give me any wheel name and i will tell you what's wrong with it. :D 

Edited by Funky

5 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

They're pretty but why do they pick such bizarre colours for rear lights? Red is the standard colour for rear lights while blue lights are actually illegal here in the UK. Hopefully you can change the colour to red.  

It looks like it behaves the same as the Master, it pulses blue at a standstill but turns red when you're actually riding. Similar to how the S22 goes all RGB at a standstill and turns red when riding. I think it's funny how they first removed the turn signal feature present in the MSv3/MSX from the RS and MPro, but at least the pulsing blue lights on those wheels indicated battery level. Now, on the Master, it pulses blue with all LEDs regardless of charge level. It's almost as if they forget why certain features are they way they are over time, and just nix them...

On a more positive note, I'm probably going to get a T4 and sell my RST and MSX. My ideal wheel lineup going forward would be a V13 for going everywhere fast, Master as a backup/alternative option, T4 for offroading or shorter rides, and MCM5 for portable riding.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Funky said:

14" is simply way to small.. For "big guys".

I’m not a big guy persay, but at 180lbs I think my 3” tire mcm5 is just about the best last mile wheel or grocery getter that exists.

I never understood why people just shut out smaller diameter wheels. They’re different, but once you get used to then, it becomes completely predictable and stable. I feel comfortable pushing faster on my Mcm5 and often get the beeps. I’m comfortable with it at its top speed, and wish it could go 37mph instead of only the 27mph it does now. And I wouldn’t want a bigger tire for it as it would defeat the purpose of being a small wheel.

if you want an 18” wheel, you may as well give it a respectable battery. A 900wh begode pack weighs about 8 pounds. So if you got an RS with half the battery, it’d still weigh like 50 pounds. Goes to show you where the weight of an EUC is. A lot of it is the motor.

smaller tire + less battery + less powerful motor = better last mile wheel. The mcm5 is basically already those things, just needs to come stock with a fatter tire. 

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

I'm not at all tempted by V13 or Hero or Master. But this is tempting… and it'll likely be under riders' feet before I get my S22

If you get the T4 first, and at a later date get the S22, you may then get a sorted S22. But we would have to wait and see how good is the T4 first. To muddle up more, there could be other 16" suspension wheel being announced. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If you get the T4 first, and at a later date get the S22, you may then get a sorted S22. But we would have to wait and see how good is the T4 first. To muddle up more, there could be other 16" suspension wheel being announced. 

I'd for sure end up with a partly sorted S22 to go with my first batch T4 1.0 driver board (or 1.5 or 2 or what is the Master's not-necessarily-backwards-compatible situation these days?).

Can win for losing. Just going to have to suck it up and pick one.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I'd for sure end up with a partly sorted S22 to go with my first batch T4 1.0 driver board (or 1.5 or 2 or what is the Master's not-necessarily-backwards-compatible situation these days?).

Can win for losing. Just going to have to suck it up and pick one.

That may be reality, otherwise one may be waiting for another year, and then another year, and then another year.

Based on the Hero's low early batch issues, Begode's 100V volt system is Begode's 100V system. So the number of issues with the motor drive system could be low. The sliders should be no worse than other recently released Begode suspension wheels. They did try to improve the battery packs, so there could be glitches there. But the packs should be safer if they are done right, and get sorted. Weather proofing, shock, and rising rate links could be unknowns though. And if you buy from eWheels, you should have less worries with the better packs. But that is not always a given, as Frenchusa have found out with his Sherman Max LiTech packs.

I think there is a fair chance the T4 will have fewer serious early batch issues than a few of the recently released wheels.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3