1 hour ago, pHghost said:

Is there a way to set it to have a more progressive tiltback?

It is hard to implement anything into closed FW.

Maybe is worth trying to ask freestyler if it is possible to implement it into custom FW - but there is a limitation with size of packet.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone! 

I wonder if there are any v3 owners in this group? 

If so, do you have recognised any change to battery packs? Housing, waterproofing etc? 

Also, what about that higher torque? Is it now an ht motor? 

I don't understand if there are a v3 or not! I wanted to buy a t4 in dh gate, but this situation blocked me. I don't know what version are selling. They say's "the lastest" with qs motor, new main board e honeycomb pedals... but is the lastest? Or there are a new other version?! Where i can to control this? 

1 hour ago, Gabriz81 said:

Where i can to control this? 

Dealers generally know which batch they are ordering in advance. I phoned mine to check, believed what they told me, and was right to do so. Your mileage may vary, but if you try and get it in writing from them which version you are agreeing to buy you at least have some recourse if you don't subsequently get that version.

Edited by Cerbera

8 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Dealers generally know which batch they are ordering in advance. I phoned mine to check, believed what they told me, and was right to do so. Your mileage may vary, but if you try and get it in writing from them which version you are agreeing to buy you at least have some recourse if you don't subsequently get that version.

Mmm, i asked to pay with paypal and they proposed me to send me a link to buy with paypal but out of the platform

59 minutes ago, Gabriz81 said:

Mmm, i asked to pay with paypal and they proposed me to send me a link to buy with paypal but out of the platform

It is important that you feel you can you trust your dealer when buying an EUC, and arguably even more so when buying Begode; you might be relying on their support a lot in some circumstances, so if you don't like what is being suggested by these people at any point, feel free to go find your wheel somewhere else. Buying via paypal is also a good idea in terms of protecting your money. If the shop you are using is not setup for paypal then it is not necessarily suspicious that they have to set you up a special link Just make sure that link does indeed refer you to the familiar, usual paypal site, and not some dodgy 'look-alike' !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gabriz81 said:

I don't understand if there are a v3 or not! I wanted to buy a t4 in dh gate, but this situation blocked me. I don't know what version are selling. They say's "the lastest" with qs motor, new main board e honeycomb pedals... but is the lastest? Or there are a new other version?! Where i can to control this? 

I would not care about the wheel version. Ask what kind of warranties the seller gives you - if you can return / repair if shit hit the fan.

55 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

I would not care about the wheel version.

When it comes to T4, version is actually quite important because of the pinned motor thing - you definitely don't want one of the early ones with the same stator issue as the notorious original S22...

53 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

When it comes to T4, version is actually quite important because of the pinned motor thing - you definitely don't want one of the early ones with the same stator issue as the notorious original S22...

Mate, I had all of T4 issues - ZX one is fixable. That was a smaller problem that is easy to proof to the seller.  But you are not able to fix the mainboard or other issues without spare parts.

I really hope I will be lucky with 3th mainboard and get wheel working.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:54 PM, alexbrunoeuc said:

Hi everyone! 

I wonder if there are any v3 owners in this group? 

If so, do you have recognised any change to battery packs? Housing, waterproofing etc? 

Also, what about that higher torque? Is it now an ht motor? 

i have what is called a v3

10 hours ago, Cerbera said:

important because of the pinned motor thing

It's important to know which one it is, but with a bit of DIY skills and tools, you can pin it in an afternoon. And TBH, with a Begode wheel in general you are much better of as a DIY person anyway, because there will be small things popping up here and there, it seems. Unless you live in a city where you have a reliable dealer close by who will support you through thick and thin, that's also an option.

If you aren't a DIY person, bar avoiding the T4 completely, you certainly do want to make sure its a V2+ version you're getting.

I have a V1 and am very happy with it so far -- only two things left to sort out, pretty much:

1) resistor fix for display and light issue (though the lights seem to come alive if you use an app to turn them on instead of the physical button)

2) hopefully Begode coming out with and supplying free replacement aluminium battery cases, like they are doing on the EX30...

Edited by pHghost

4 hours ago, pHghost said:

hopefully Begode coming out with and supplying free replacement aluminium battery cases, like they are doing on the EX30...

Wow - that's optimism ! If we get metal cases for T4 and Master recursively I will eat my helmet ! ;)

Edited by Cerbera

Kebye GotWay suggested as much on Facebook. (That it will come, not that people will get it recursively.) But I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

A decently priced 3rd party version would also be something I'd consider.

1 hour ago, pHghost said:

Kebye GotWay suggested as much on Facebook. (That it will come, not that people will get it recursively.) But I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

A decently priced 3rd party version would also be something I'd consider.

Likewise ! Although I did yet another inspection of my plastic boxes today, and they remain largely unscathed, even on the inside...

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, Lestat said:

DarknessBot says I have 9% battery left on my T4.  EUC World says 39%.

Pretty sure D-bot is wrong.  How do I fix this? Any ideas?

Both apps can show either wheel report battery charge % or own optimized battery charge %.

Look at the settings what you have choosen - if both are in "wheel reported/classic" mode they'll show exatly the same percentage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YourAubsome said:

I received a T4 yesterday that was air shipped straight from Begode.

How did you wangle that with its 'over airline limits' battery packs that mean most of us have to wait for slow old container ships ?! Or did Begode just not declare them ?! ;)

Edited by Cerbera

59 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

How did you wangle that with its 'over airline limits' battery packs that mean most of us have to wait for slow old container ships ?! Or did Begode just not declare them ?! ;)

Begode didn't put a label on showing that it has batteries

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, YourAubsome said:

Begode didn't put a label on showing that it has batteries

Lols - they are such dodgy bastards :) Enjoy your T4, having carefully checked every bolt and connection !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YourAubsome said:

I tested it side by side with a Master yesterday on some very steep hill climbs (about 40* incline) and it handled the hills with ease just like the master (I was going very slow up the hills to test torque). I was able to ride it up a set of stairs easily. As far as the ride feel goes, it certainly feels like it accelerates just as fast as the Master if not faster (likely only because its easier to lean due to the weight and size of the tire).  The suspension is way better than the master, but nowhere close to the S22 (with CNC roller sliders). 

The T4 is a zippy little trail and urban monster. Love mine.

T4 suspension is serviceable as I much prefer straight-line torque acceleration and zippiness over S22's only redeeming saving grace of its suspension. I rode the S22, loved the planted feel and suspension, but the acceleration and torque were dealbreakers.