On 12/28/2022 at 9:36 PM, phizm said:

An update on the T4 design iteration discussion.

I just got one straight off the boat from China. Still has the board with two large capacitors, no other obvious changes from a quick look of the internals. No kick stand provided (not sure why some people are expecting this).

There has been some improvement though! They've changed the machining on the pedals, no more Dremel's or Zip ties needed, they're now "spiky".

lhOZlwNb_o.png

sooo is this better than the stock onces?i saw that alien rides did a pretty aggresive stippling job on them to be good.i hope this will be standart now for the t4.

Edited by FarkyJ
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 4:10 AM, pHghost said:

What issue is that exactly, how does it manifest? Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Pedals will get wobbly at high PWM / speed - I mean pedal will dip up and down. Pass some point wheel give out.  I would not go more than 45 km/h on T4.

Not sure what is latest now - the latest official firmware was buggy for me. I have at V1 Freestyler FW.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, daniel1234 said:

No, I thought it was V2 board but it is actually V3, seller messed it up (that's why it doesn't fit) - my theory:

V2 have just a different bottom switching layer with more fets - but uses different FW - visually similar as V1 - should be compatible without wire mod.

v3 have new CAPs and different DC-DC. Seems like it shares the layout with different wheels because of the extra pin headers. I am pretty sure there will be more revisions.

Who is currently shipping the V3?   How can I tell???

About to pull trigger on a T4, and want to make absolutely sure I get the latest version.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lestat said:

About to pull trigger on a T4, and want to make absolutely sure I get the latest version.

Best to ask/contact the dealer you are buying from directly. Although I would assume they would mostly have the v2 in stock right now.

12 hours ago, Lestat said:

I would think twice about t4 ! You cannot tell without taking it apart! 

If you want it - make sure seller provides real warranty and replacement parts in timely matter. That is most important.

Generally, you can get bad unit from any model of any unicycle. Begode is not providing any warranty to customers directly just to resellers, so if the reseller is not straight with you you can get screwed as I did. Begode will not even respond to emails/fb/e.t.c. their social networks are just for promoting vaporware. 

I hope somebody will learn from my expensive decision failure. I got from the same reseller another 2 EUC and there was almost no problem with them. 3th one is a paperweight worth one salary.

And this is not just Begode brand problem :D. It is china mentality and QC. V12 s22 have its own bugs. Generally, warranty matters a lot. More than the model you chose. 

Edited by daniel1234

On 1/2/2023 at 9:26 AM, daniel1234 said:

Pedals will get wobbly at high PWM / speed

I thought that was solved by the latest FW update! Do you still have that issue even with the custom FW, then? I'm not really planning riding it much faster than about 45km/h, at least to start with, but good to be aware of the limitations.

39 minutes ago, pHghost said:

I thought that was solved by the latest FW update! Do you still have that issue even with the custom FW, then? I'm not really planning riding it much faster than about 45km/h, at least to start with, but good to be aware of the limitations.

If I understand this issue, I don't think I have this issue myself.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, pHghost said:

i've latest version and the firmware is absolutely fantastic, i've hit 58kmh once, no issue at all.

i'm using 75%pwm for off road usually, on streets maybe 80% is better

• Like 2

I just got my T4! But when I went to update the firmware... there is no option to! Is it fully updated already when this occurs?

Nevermind, instead of being in the wheel settings, firmware upgrade is in the me settings :confused1:

Edit: Ride update

This wheel is incredible. I didnt bother to update the firmware unless my ride went bad, but it went fantastic! This is everything I wanted my S18 to be... I really wanted to love my s18 but the ride style wasnt to my liking. The T4 is fast and torque-y on the start (S18 was so sluggish that I felt I wasnt in control when starting from a stop), it has even more nimbleness than I expected, the ride feels like butter, and I feel very planted and stable. Ive got the ewheels version with knobby tire, so at least for me it was pretty much ready to go with the usual removal of battery plastic / shock set up / pad attachment. I wish I could give a full ride perspective but not until it gets a little warmer. (Such a tease... 30 degrees and under for the next 2 weeks....) but either way im glad this wheel is working out for me. Im much more willing to deal with potential issues down the road since I feel like this is my perfect wheel, but hopefully there will not be any issues.

Edited by -iB-
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mango said:

T4 competes with the S22 in my opinion.

T4 is more fun to ride, very capable off-road trail wheel, and a very zippy urban conqueror. The torque and nimbleness is unmatched.

Not a rain wheel, so it's not a commuter wheel. V11 still great here. Yeah, the S18 is pretty lackluster and no one should be buying an S18 now that the T4 is available.

it's absolutely best off road wheel to date, nothing can compete with this power/weight ratio, only the master has advantages on wide open path/trails where you can go 50kmh+

but for real off road and tech stuff T4 in unbeatable

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Not a rain wheel, so it's not a commuter wheel.

What are the weak points, rain-wise? Having checked it over briefly, I don't see any obvious ingress points, the gasket seems to be decent enough, plus it's covered by the seat to boot.

10 minutes ago, pHghost said:

What are the weak points, rain-wise? Having checked it over briefly, I don't see any obvious ingress points, the gasket seems to be decent enough, plus it's covered by the seat to boot.

agree, once you check the seal on batteries/cables you are ready to go in the rain too

maybe also the mainboard cover could be seal with silicone

Edited by EMA

2 hours ago, pHghost said:

What are the weak points, rain-wise?

Bearings. Hubs. The former could get a thin layer of marine grease, and the latter a bead of silicone maybe. Otherwise the top case is pretty rain-proof out of the gate I would say - It certainly doesn't have the massive holes / case weaknesses of its bigger brother, except for what looks to be that shitty charge port cover, which is still in a massive recess where water could collect and cause problems. For that reason it might still be wise to use a waterproof rucksack cover over the whole top of the machine if you get caught in heavy rain. I also taped the screw holes on my Master's battery packs, and I see no reason yours wouldn't benefit from the same there either.

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, pHghost said:

The charge port is the biggest water ingress point on heavy rain. 
I didn't like seal from original gasket - I always use some power tape+silicone to seal it after working on wheel.

Motor bearings need some cover - they will rust if you ride in wet condition. Batteries are in thin plastic - one crack and water can get inside. I have metal L corners to keep it from damage.

3 hours ago, pHghost said:

Look at the buzzer and headlamp cables - there's a small play, so you can easily pull/push the cable. If not sealed additionally, I think that for a longer time it may be a good point of water ingress. In addition, constant changes in internal temperature (heating an cooling) may create a suction force due to decreasing internal pressure. Also I'm not sure if the buzzer is waterproof, as it's completely exposed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pHghost said:

I noticed that on one side of the battery packs (the side hidden, facing the inside of the wheel) the cable was shoddily sealed and had some small gaps.  A quick fix will remedy that, but unless you do a bit of an inspection every once in a while I'd bet this thing will get 'surprise' weaknesses over time.  

ive seen that voltride is doing some waterproofing when you order the wheel thpugh them..
another question that sparked on my mind with the t4.in work i have two sets of stairs that i need to do to get to my locker...t4 will fit there no problems but is the handle capable to lift the wheel on workdays basis up and down probably 5 minuts of work together. 

Edited by FarkyJ

1 hour ago, FarkyJ said:

is the handle capable to lift the wheel on workdays basis up and down probably 5 minuts of work together. 

No, it's a trolley handle not a lifting handle. It will almost certainly break if you repeatedly put the whole weight of the machine on it, perhaps not the first time, but within fairly short order. I would-push wheel it up the stairs instead - it should have enough torque to climb them individually if pushed slowly and evenly from behind taking extra care not to try and help lift it or the wheel will probably spin out. In fact it may do that anyway if the tyre or steps are wet. It's doable, but I suspect within a week you'll be looking for somewhere downstairs to store it ! :/

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, FarkyJ said:

ive seen that voltride is doing some waterproofing when you order the wheel thpugh them..
another question that sparked on my mind with the t4.in work i have two sets of stairs that i need to do to get to my locker...t4 will fit there no problems but is the handle capable to lift the wheel on workdays basis up and down probably 5 minuts of work together. 

Yeah, that's pretty much my only big qualm about this wheel.  It's really annoying to lift and carry it even slightly (like into a car) because there aren't very many great grab points and the handle is tempting to use to aid you with lifting but it's not designed to hold how heavy this wheel is.  Personally having to lug this up stairs more than once or twice would be a nightmare to me unless they are extremely shallow steps.

1 hour ago, -iB- said:

It's really annoying to lift and carry it even slightly (like into a car) because there aren't very many great grab points and the handle is tempting to use to aid you with lifting but it's not designed to hold how heavy this wheel is.  Personally having to lug this up stairs more than once or twice would be a nightmare to me unless they are extremely shallow steps.

and thats why... https://grizzlapads.com/product/begode-t4-fairing-combo/