7 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

So far just top digit on display dont work, since EUC balance ok I can live with that.

display.jpg

I recently saw something similar when I disassembled my radio controlled alarm clock to fix something.

When I reassembled it again only parts of the digits showed up on the display. It turned out that the connection between the electronics and the display merely consisted of contacts on the display being pressed against contacts on the clock circuit board by a screwed on plastic frame which pressed the two parts together. I hadnt tightened the screws holding down the plastic frame enough so some of the contacts werent "connected".

When I disassembled the clock and tightened the screws of the plastic frame the display worked perfectly. Your problem with the display could very well be something similar.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

there is a huge difference between v1 and v2 board

Is it just the absence of dipping, or any other differences worth mentioning?

For some, a firmware update supposedly fixed the high speed stability on V1 boards. Haven't had the issue so far myself, but not going fast enough yet, I suspect!

9 hours ago, pHghost said:

Is it just the absence of dipping, or any other differences worth mentioning?

For some, a firmware update supposedly fixed the high speed stability on V1 boards. Haven't had the issue so far myself, but not going fast enough yet, I suspect!

I had problem on low speed curb jump as well and steep inclines. I could trigger PWM warning jumping/riding 3 stairs up. Not much better than old s18 ... defenetly weeker than old Nikola i riden. 

Now it have missing power/punch/push, I expected it will have at beginning when I backed this product. "Almost" begode master like - I think they should populate all of mosfets there and ship T4 with HT motor and wider rim to fit more standard cross tyres like mitas terra force.

20 hours ago, Paul A said:

Are metal bars protruding out, going to be a risk of being impaled?

I guess it depend on how/if you crash on your unicycle. Of course this machine is not for kids, and not made to be nice.

Well Watts Single track had fully plastic protected T4 and he destroyed it at small off-road crash, that is not acceptable state. That metals bars are bumpers,  I am replacing  them on each crash. Since it bend inward on crash is better if they protruding out.

23 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I had problem on low speed curb jump as well and steep inclines. I could trigger PWM warning jumping/riding 3 stairs up. Not much better than old s18 ... defenetly weeker than old Nikola i riden. 

I don't have problem with low speed curb jumps.

Was your battery charged? What outside temp? I can have PWM warnings (set at 20% min reserve) at speed or send below 45% battery.

I love my new setup for city sport riding (curbs jumps, etc...).

EUC Custom Power Pads' jump pads (https://www.euc-custom-power-pads.com/ Germany) are a bit bulky on the T4 but so much efficient!

For my riding stance, Clarkpad fairing and Torquepads are a bit "loose"/"too smooth" at rear.

PXL_20230128_140451793.thumb.jpg.a248950c16b1ee9d17674b1ca8e2988e.jpg

But.. I'm going to keep this setup (maybe I'm going to change Velcro, and if not enough I'll install some mesh).

I also need to do something with the fifty shades of grey 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@RolluS

Dang you ride waaaay up front on the pedal judging by your pad setup.

I feel like the T4 can wobble on acceleration a bit when my weight is that far forward. 

I put my pads towards the back more so my foot is right in the middle and im well balanced on the wheel. Feels a lot more stable and predictable this way.  Hmmm.

@RolluS

Total brainfart.  Was imagining your foot backwards.

CHARGING QUESTION

Charged my T4 to 100% and then left it on the charge for another 1-2 hours.

It started a continuous, steady BEEP BEEP BEEP real loud.

Freaked out - thought it was a battery warning and unplugged it.

Any ideas???

Need more information. What does EUCW report its voltage as being ? Can it even connect ? Does it balance ? What amps were you charging it at ?

We need to know what's going on here; as you say that is a worrying thing to hear when we do standard charging practice, which is usually advised to leave on a couple of hours after green light...

Edited by Cerbera

Hi all!

I just received my T4 and would like some advice if you have the time.

I received it today and after opening it up I turned it on and updated the firmware using EUC World to the newest firmware version (Dec 1 GW1612204: T4(ML)).
it did the update in a reasonable time, beeping loudly every ~5 seconds (I assume that's normal?).
Once the update was finished the battery percentage started to slowly drop from ~50% to ~42%, I didn't think too much of this as I feel like I remember seeing something in a post saying something along the lines of the versions reading it differently? (maybe I'm miss remembering though).

I left it on charge for a while, came back and it was at ~80%, then left it a while longer expecting to come back and see a fully charged wheel but it was sitting on 92% with 96.7v. It was then that I've seen that the green light on the charger was on, indicating that it was not charging anymore.

I've left it on for hours longer and there has been no change, the wheel doesn't register that the charger is being plugged in as far as I can see.

I've then tried to change it back to the older firmware on the list (Nov 21 GW1612204: T4 V2_GW1612204)
It's worth noting that even after updating to the Dec 1 update it still appears to show that it's running the Nov 21 version. I could be looking at this wrong though.

I've changed power points twice as well as trying 3 changing cables.

Would love any ideas or advice anyone could give.

I hope it's something stupid that I'm doing or something easily resolved.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Hi all!

I just received my T4 and would like some advice if you have the time.

I received it today and after opening it up I turned it on and updated the firmware using EUC World to the newest firmware version (Dec 1 GW1612204: T4(ML)).
it did the update in a reasonable time, beeping loudly every ~5 seconds (I assume that's normal?).
Once the update was finished the battery percentage started to slowly drop from ~50% to ~42%, I didn't think too much of this as I feel like I remember seeing something in a post saying something along the lines of the versions reading it differently? (maybe I'm miss remembering though).

I left it on charge for a while, came back and it was at ~80%, then left it a while longer expecting to come back and see a fully charged wheel but it was sitting on 92% with 96.7v. It was then that I've seen that the green light on the charger was on, indicating that it was not charging anymore.

I've left it on for hours longer and there has been no change, the wheel doesn't register that the charger is being plugged in as far as I can see.

I've then tried to change it back to the older firmware on the list (Nov 21 GW1612204: T4 V2_GW1612204)
It's worth noting that even after updating to the Dec 1 update it still appears to show that it's running the Nov 21 version. I could be looking at this wrong though.

I've changed power points twice as well as trying 3 changing cables.

I hope it's something stupid that I'm doing or something easily resolved.

Which batch is this T4 from? I know that Eriderz was only just getting batch 2 in just before christmas.

8 hours ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

Which batch is this T4 from? I know that Eriderz was only just getting batch 2 in just before christmas.

I assume it's a V2 but maybe it's a V3 (If that's a thing yet?)

It as the QS motor and the updated pedals.

18 hours ago, Scott said:

Get a Multimeter - Measure each battery and charger separately. Firmware should not affect charging. You can try official begode app for firmware update.

My best guess is that one of 4 batteries is triggering an error on charge (white signal wire).

I'm just over 100 miles in on my T4 and must say I'm really enjoying it! Been riding it on Hard mode mostly, but played around with the modes a bit today riding around the local cemetery and probably will settle on Medium for at least a while. What modes are all the rest of you on?

Must say, the T4 eats up hills like nobody's business! Really happy with the performance of it. No surprise there, coming from a V8, but still, you climb a hill and it just goes up so effortlessly! With the V8 and even more my old scooter, hills were a bit of a drag, but with the T4 it's no challenge! I'm sure there are torquier wheels out there, but I'll be content with this baby for a while, I think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/31/2023 at 1:49 PM, Scott said:

I received it today and after opening it up I turned it on and updated the firmware using EUC World to the newest firmware version (Dec 1 GW1612204: T4(ML))

Unfortunately, Begode is messing with firmware names, descriptions and even version numbers. They don't provide any release notes, so we don't know what changes has been made, if any. Also, they offer several firmwares with the same version number, what should never happen in normal world. Meanwhile, you'll find two separate firmwares with the same number. Personally I suspect that "ML" in the firmware name may mean "Molicel", but this is a guess only. But if this is true, this firmware may contain different mapping for voltages. But without an official release note from Begode or extensive testing it's hard to say anything.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:38 AM, daniel1234 said:

You can try official begode app for firmware update.

This won't change anything. Firmware is firmware, it's a code. Its content doesn't depend on the application used to update.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, pHghost said:

I'm just over 100 miles in on my T4 and must say I'm really enjoying it! Been riding it on Hard mode mostly, but played around with the modes a bit today riding around the local cemetery and probably will settle on Medium for at least a while. What modes are all the rest of you on?

Must say, the T4 eats up hills like nobody's business! Really happy with the performance of it. No surprise there, coming from a V8, but still, you climb a hill and it just goes up so effortlessly! With the V8 and even more my old scooter, hills were a bit of a drag, but with the T4 it's no challenge! I'm sure there are torquier wheels out there, but I'll be content with this baby for a while, I think.

absolutely stunning wheel :dribble:

• Like 1

Would be interesting if that mud got there in the factory (cover laying around in dirt) or after a couple rides..? 

Tiktok video of Begode Thai washing the wheel

Description says (if I can trust that translation) : "Don't spray it into the motor axle."

That's between brave and crazy 🙈