1 hour ago, FarkyJ said:

ive seen that voltride is doing some waterproofing when you order the wheel

Yup, they do. They silicon the cables at the battery and around all the cable holes on the gasket.

5 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

The charge port is the biggest water ingress point on heavy rain. 

I thought so too, but once I looked at it from all sides, I think it actually provides a decent seal and any water should pour out of the port area into the wheel hollow.

38 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I have mine on the way with the Flow pads, should have it all in about a week! I haven't really ridden my T4 at all since it arrived mid-December, waiting for the fairing combo. Couldn't be bothered to put on the stock pads and naked the batteries dig into my legs too much.

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Bearings. Hubs. The former could get a thin layer of marine grease, and the latter a bead of silicone maybe.

Yup, those are definitely good points. Did both when reassembling the wheel after stator pinning.

probably not,not sure about it until i got the wheel in my possesion.planning to buy it in april/may..hopefully all design choices will be over and i can buy the COMPLETE edition finnally

Edited by FarkyJ

I got a chance to install the new motor and charge board provided by alienrides to my v1 wheel. It was a big job considering. It came with spacers to lengthen the forks to accommodate the taller knobby tire.  Definitely worth the trouble and time.

A0774E58-4274-4E8E-AAB8-C753A354A098.thumb.jpeg.231af107d7faba737cc22382c383f498.jpeg

• Like 1

I think every T4 need some crash/roll protection. Mine is not nice but it survived 2 high-speed crashes. Without front 3030 profiles I would crack frame already.

Seems like a smaller wheels are harder to push upstairs so I have front and back handle/bumper. I live in 3th floor without elevator :D
Here is my paperweight waiting for begode help :

image.thumb.jpeg.e54308bda96fd2677d738f4428ffedfe.jpeg

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

Mine is not nice but it survived 2 high-speed crashes.

That thing is properly tanky :) Quite like that the front handle is so high as well - that must help with extreme stopping power and ease the transition from standing to seated riding ?

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

That thing is properly tanky :) Quite like that the front handle is so high as well - that must help with extreme stopping power and ease the transition from standing to seated riding ?

Or on hard braking - you can hold and pull back. Originally I wanted to mount on top seat. That profiles is extremely modular and easy to work with.

55 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Or on hard braking - you can hold and pull back. Originally I wanted to mount on top seat. That profiles is extremely modular and easy to work with.

Yeah that's what I meant by stopping power :)  I might have gone a similar way myself had I not done the Grizzla fairings instead.

I would love if Grizzla fairing would have some metal bumpers or anything making construction sturdier on impact. T4 is offroad wheel - crashes are expected.

I have very little faith in 3D-printed protection. 

I installed old "nosediving" motherboard back to prove Begode engineer that rest EUC is OK. My whole situation is weird - my best guess is that mine V1 power board killed V3 motherboard. Is that even possible? - there is a similar problem with the master.

Or they have absolutely zero quality control. I paid for T4 in august - I would love to ride this year.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I have very little faith in 3D-printed protection.

I sort of know what you mean, but having felt the actual heft and weight of the Grizzla bumpers in hand, and the way they attach to the Master (in my case) I actually have a lot of confidence in them - firstly the fairings to which they attach are not 3D printed, but the handle bits which are, are not rigid plastic that will just tear in a crash; they are flexible TPU with varying degrees of infill which makes them spongier in impact absorbing zones, much like the stock pads are, and they also work very well in that regard in the areas that they cover.  Despite this, because of the vast weight of newer wheels I do expect them to be somewhat self-sacrificing in the worst of crashes.

What I lack, that you don't, is much protection for direct hits from the top - I have bumper stripped the entire top of mine, but know that won't help much. Also, although the Grizzla handles are robust enough to pick the Master or T4 up in the case of the former they do flex a bit disconcertingly as they do it, and even though you'd think they would give you somewhere to grab as you generally handle the wheel during dismounts and trolleying and seated riding etc but they are kind of placed too low for that, and I find myself wishing I had a handle that comes up from the front like yours does. I think the V13 does a lovely job of that too.

Edited by Cerbera

Grizzlas have covered tens of thousands km on Masters already, I've personally seen them go through hell off road, they will not give. Hulajmarket (Nylonove) product is also top quality, I know and use both brands, they are top notch. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As @Mango, I have Nylonove Bumpers/Handle.

I don't know if they'd handle a crash (I think they will) as I did not experiment yet.

More over, as I go with complete Clarkpad system, I'm selling them:

a00f1d38ee203bca3b24f72b8875e06d.jpgb6cc1e0e9234f3aff6ef1f62200cf15f.jpg

https://hulaj.market/begode-t4/292-tylny-zderzak-ochronny-do-begode-t4.html
https://hulaj.market/begode-t4/291-przedni-zderzak-ochronny-do-begode-t4.html

With Installation hardware (all screws, special spacer for rear), 120€ shipped in Europe.

On 1/7/2023 at 7:24 PM, drader said:

I finally received my T4, and here is an observation I haven't seen mentioned yet: this is no longer a 16" unicycle. The outer diameter of the tire is 18.2"! This is a legit 12 - 3.00 motorcycle tire, which is quite a bit fatter than your typical 16 X 3 (bicycle) tire. I have a modified Nikola with a CST c131 dual-sport scooter tire, and I absolutely love the way it rides everywhere. This new T4 tire is actually a little bit wider. It has very nice linear turning characteristics on the street and doesn't feel "squirmy" like all the knobby experiments I tried in the past. The best part is there is still some space for a little more.

HMMMMMMMM - I wonder if this has dampened it's torque at all????

7 hours ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

So with the T4 being up to v3 now with largely the same suspension dynamics in the arms, what's the general consensus with the stops top and bottom?

My new wheel has a 3mm black rubber rings at the top, I would assume all the new ones has this also. Seems a better choice than the previous versions.