I get 60-70 km (37-44 miles) of range on my v1 T4, going moderate speed in the city. 22 miles seems you may have a bad battery pack, connection or other issue. I manually charge to full of each pack to check and balance my packs. Go George Go has a youtube video on how to do this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RJohn said:

Is there a recommendation for type of grease to use inside a bearing seal with default bearings on the t4 ?

You'll hear a lot of people recommending LiquiMoly Marine, and with good reason. Fixed the clonking on my Master and bearings have been excellent since, despite some hideous levels of road salt and wet weather...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 2

On 3/11/2023 at 10:52 AM, Meserias said:

where in Europe or AliExpress I can buy 18 MOS version with metal battery boxes ???

I dont think this is option. 
300 buks for metal battery boxes seems like overkill 

• Like 1

Quick question, does anyone know the current filename of the t4 firmware? I've not updated mine in a while and apparently the new version of the firmware has lower battery voltage limits.

I've got a v1 t4 for reference, I suspect the answer is the 'v2' file, but just checking before I have to unbrick.

23 minutes ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

Quick question, does anyone know the current filename of the t4 firmware? I've not updated mine in a while and apparently the new version of the firmware has lower battery voltage limits.

I've got a v1 t4 for reference, I suspect the answer is the 'v2' file, but just checking before I have to unbrick.

In Begode App, V1 or V2 references your wheel, not the firmware. Interestingly, EUC World App shows only the firmware relative to my V1 wheel when I select the official channel.

GW1612104 refers to the fourth FW for first T4
GW1612204 refers to the fourth FW for second T4
(I don't know/see if there is something for V3)

This firmware is getting old, i don't know if there is something about the conservative (3.3V average voltage per cell I experienced by me after a full tiltback discharge) minimum voltage limit, or about the destructive (4.5Vdc average voltage per cell I experienced with a defect balance board) maximum limit 

You can have custom firmware with EUC World App (and maybe Darkness Bot or Wheel Log but I don't think and didn't check).

Custom Firmware (by Fr33styler) will bring Dynamic Tiltback, better accuracy of some measurements, and optionaly the "pedal fix" of the V2 on the V1. See: Dynamic tiltback in Begode wheels? It's possible! - EUC World
I experienced problems in pedal mode 2 (medium) last time I tried the pedal fix FW, I had a strange drift like if the wrong sign was put in the PID, even at stop. I might try to reproduce but I don't use this mode (and can't remember if perdal fix is installed or not in my wheel :p).

@Freestyler, @Seba  would you please check/correct the above information?

Edited by RolluS
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

you need to check your own fw version, you can read it in :

1) EUC dash https://freestyl3r.github.io/euc-dash/begode.html
2) EUC world 2nd page i think

18 hours ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

I've not updated mine in a while and apparently the new version of the firmware has lower battery voltage limits.

What give you that impresion ? I think v4 FW is here at least half of the year.  Pre-orderd units had v3 FW.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

What give you that impresion ? I think v4 FW is here at least half of the year.  Pre-orderd units had v3 FW.

I checked, I'm on V3. GW1612103. It was one of the first batch from my understanding (original motor code was same day as Chance's original unit).

2 hours ago, RJohn said:

I printed and installed a bearing seal. Should I glue it to the axle? 

The axle stays stationary with the pedals. But the seal rotates with the wheel.

If you glue the seal to the axle, the seal will rip apart when you ride, as the wheel rotates. 

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

If you glue the seal to the axle, the seal will rip apart when you ride, as the wheel rotates. 

I'm glad I asked then. Thank you. so then glue it to the wheel ? or does that matter ?

33 minutes ago, RJohn said:

I'm glad I asked then. Thank you. so then glue it to the wheel ? or does that matter ?

What many owners do is to apply marine grease on the outside of the seal too.

However, I find that can messy over time. What I am experimenting now is to apply a silicone sealer on the outside diameter of the seal. The inner diameter of the seal is trickier since the seal is rotating and the axle is stationary.

You can put grease there. But I also experimenting with putting a thin layer of silicone sealant over the seal, but never the sealant never touching the axle. If you do it right, the air gap between the axle and the silicone film is smaller than if you had apply grease there.

22 minutes ago, techyiam said:

What many owners do is to apply marine grease on the outside of the seal too.

However, I find that can messy over time. What I am experimenting now is to apply a silicone sealer on the outside diameter of the seal. The inner diameter of the seal is trickier since the seal is rotating and the axle is stationary.

You can put grease there. But I also experimenting with putting a thin layer of silicone sealant over the seal, but never the sealant never touching the axle. If you do it right, the air gap between the axle and the silicone film is smaller than if you had apply grease there.

sweet...on it !

Thank you.

BTW. I got the knobby tires from ewheels. best PSI for trails  and best for concrete ?

53 minutes ago, RJohn said:

sweet...on it !

Thank you.

BTW. I got the knobby tires from ewheels. best PSI for trails  and best for concrete ?

Sorry, I won’t be able to help you here since I don’t have a T4, nor do I ride off-road.

16 hours ago, techyiam said:

Are you sure about this? On the V11 it's the other way around. The seal is supposed to stay stationary while the tire rotates.

There are two firmwares for the t4..according to euc world. The stock gwxxxx and another with (ml) in parentheses...both released November of 2022. Anyone know the difference?

On 3/19/2023 at 9:36 AM, RJohn said:

There are two firmwares for the t4..according to euc world. The stock gwxxxx and another with (ml) in parentheses...both released November of 2022. Anyone know the difference?

so....NO ONE ?!

thumbnail.jpg

12 hours ago, RJohn said:

so....NO ONE ?!

The best advice I can give you is to not mess up things that are not broken.  Custom FW from November with pwm tilt-back is working fine. 

• Like 1

ok so Jason @ ewheels reached ut to Begode and got back to me with this;

After a bit of back-and-forth with BG, they confirm that the other selections are 'debug' versions of the FW & that the T4v2 is the current release. 

I don't understand why they let debug version pop up for download and to label all of them the same....any hoo....

What interesting was the reported battery percent. Right after I got it I updated it to the latest (bad habit from gpu driver update days) based on date. I noticed the my battery % was quite poor for the miles ridden. After riding in the cold for a few miles I was showing 50% which jumped to 62% after sitting in the warmth in my house. Now right after I put it back to the original FW (V2) my reported voltage jumped upto 78% immediately !

• Sad 1

Has anyone attempted coil spring suspension upgrade? I have to pump up my suspension once a week as it slowly deflate each day. Also I wish the suspension was smoother. I know there are master upgrades and I wonder if the ones that work for the master will work for the T4 as well.

8 hours ago, Cyph said:

I have to pump up my suspension once a week as it slowly deflate each day.

You could try tightening the valve core in case that’s where it loses the air from.

8 hours ago, Cyph said:

Also I wish the suspension was smoother.

Before investing in a set of expensive 3rd party linkages and a new shock, you could try a 3d printed volume spacer for the shock. It would allow you to use lower stock pressures without bottoming out, which would result in a softer ride at small surface inconsistencies.

• Like 1